zadidoll

Secret Santa 2014! - Main thread

Just finished wrapping presents for my Santee! Hope she likes everything I picked!

post-83854-0-79938400-1417898956_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Thanks for the replies and suggestions!  

Nothing is 100% pup safe in this house, but I try!  LOL -- there are dog gates everywhere. It's kind of maze-like at times!

Is it strange that I kept the yarn that was once the pom in hopes that I could figure out how to fix it?  :)

Thanks again!!

• Like 2

Every time someine writes "pom" my eyes see an "r" and an "n" instead of "m" and I have been trying to figure out why this thread is so frisky. :lol:

• Like 15

Every time someine writes "pom" my eyes see an "r" and an "n" instead of "m" and I have been trying to figure out why this thread is so frisky. :lol:

I KEPT DOING THE SAME THING BUT DIDN'T WANT TO SAY ANYTHING!

• Like 10

Ugh. My first GDE order was "delivered" yesterday but um....I don't have it! Super bummed!! It has some of my SS gifts too so hoping it turns up quickly. Should I email Vee or file a claim with USPS first or just wait a few days?? 

Ugh. My first GDE order was "delivered" yesterday but um....I don't have it! Super bummed!! It has some of my SS gifts too so hoping it turns up quickly. Should I email Vee or file a claim with USPS first or just wait a few days?? 

I'm having issues with my GDE order too, but I know it's not Vee's fault & it's too early to file a USPS claim.. Mine randomly went to Arkansas (???) and it has been sitting there since the 3rd with no movement. Should have been delivered Thursday. 

I'd wait a few days. This happened with a few of my other orders recently & they have all just shown up without the tracking ever updating! Here's hoping both of our orders show up Monday :) 

I don't know what the heck is happening with the USPS lately, maybe something in their system is screwed up, but I am getting really mad - my main gift for secret santa was supposed to be delivered yesterday, yet has not updated past arriving in Texas on the 2nd (I'm in Indiana). Infuriating.

• Like 1

I'm having issues with my GDE order too, but I know it's not Vee's fault & it's too early to file a USPS claim.. Mine randomly went to Arkansas (???) and it has been sitting there since the 3rd with no movement. Should have been delivered Thursday. 

I'd wait a few days. This happened with a few of my other orders recently & they have all just shown up without the tracking ever updating! Here's hoping both of our orders show up Monday :)

Yeah I definitely don't want to bother Vee. I just didn't know if there was something she could do on her end with USPS in case if I did have to file a claim. Luckily, I normally don't have any trouble with packages so I haven't had to do anything like this before. It says delivered on Thursday but its not there. :( 

I don't know what the heck is happening with the USPS lately, maybe something in their system is screwed up, but I am getting really mad - my main gift for secret santa was supposed to be delivered yesterday, yet has not updated past arriving in Texas on the 2nd (I'm in Indiana). Infuriating.

I'm hoping it will show up Monday. It says delivered in/at mailbox on Thursday and its not there! 

I'm out of the hospital. I ended up only having to be in for 3 nights, thankfully. I'm stuck in bed, but my brother should be able to mail the packages, so hopefully it will all work out. Thank you so much for the well-wishes, everyone!

• Like 14

Making a replacement Pom is pretty easy, I promise. There's a few different ways but the hand wrapping method used here http://www.prettyquirkypants.com/2012/07/20/diy-cowl-scarf-pom-pom/ (not affiliated at all, just the first pic I saw that showed how simple it was) is probably going to give you one of the right fluffiness & you can always trim it down to the right dimensions if it's too top heavy.

Although it sounds like you're happy to find someone to make you a new one in a color more to your liking, I figured this might tide you over until you do. Plus, if your pup ate one pompom, odds are good that no Pom is safe from his reign of terror in the future, so it's probably a good skill to have!

Thanks for the replies and suggestions!  

Nothing is 100% pup safe in this house, but I try!  LOL -- there are dog gates everywhere. It's kind of maze-like at times!

Is it strange that I kept the yarn that was once the pom in hopes that I could figure out how to fix it?   :)

Thanks again!!

Haha, good luck using the old bits of yarn, you would probably have better luck going to a craft store to get a new yarn to use.

Just remember to leave 2 long tails on the pom pom (the one you used to tie in the middle would be ideal).  You'll need those to secure the pom pom to the hat, you'll have to weave those into the top of the hat.  Here's a video that explains how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzkZgck1FT0 (not affiliated).

• Like 1

Welp, kids, USPS tracking is hosed right now.  Just in case anyone was looking for any tracking updates.

In unrelated news, I need to remember to go see _Guardians of the Galaxy_ again tomorrow at the theatre across the street.  Four bucks, and they have pizza and hard cider.  I love going to that theatre for boozy rewatches of Marvel movies.  And Paul Rudd movies.  It is going to be *glorious* when they show _Ant-Man_.  Two hits in one!

• Like 6

Welp, kids, USPS tracking is hosed right now. Just in case anyone was looking for any tracking updates.

Right? I kinda have a bone to pick with them right now...

• Like 1

Welp, kids, USPS tracking is hosed right now.  Just in case anyone was looking for any tracking updates.

Seriously. Everything I order tells me it's going to be delivered the next day, and I'm like "go home USPS tracking, you're drunk" because even I know that it's going to be delivered that day. And my stuff doesn't get scanned as delivered until way later, which according to my mom who works USPS, is because they haven't downloaded their scan guns yet. Lots of weird scanning stuff going on lately.

Seriously. Everything I order tells me it's going to be delivered the next day, and I'm like "go home USPS tracking, you're drunk" because even I know that it's going to be delivered that day. And my stuff doesn't get scanned as delivered until way later, which according to my mom who works USPS, is because they haven't downloaded their scan guns yet. Lots of weird scanning stuff going on lately.

I had something show as out for delivery this morning, and it was in my mailbox when I left my apartment around 10:30.  Then at about 11am, something else popped up as out for delivery -- *after* we received mail once already.  I got home around 5pm, and it wasn't here, but it kept showing as out for delivery until about 6pm -- and then tracking was completely down for a couple of hours.  As in the USPS tracking system was completely nonfunctional.  It's back now, and it still shows as out for delivery.  At 8:45 on a Saturday night.  Uh.  Yeah.

All of my gifts but one are in very small packaging, so the huge box with all the tiny gifts is giving me anxiety. I am going to see if I can swap something out for something a little more... substantial, but Dear Santee, if I can't I promise you much love was put into those tiny packages! :D

• Like 8

I really want to apologize to my Santa for not participating as much on the thread. Both of my dogs were stolen and life has not been the same. My daughter was outside with them and ran inside to get her keys and when she came back they were gone. We looked/ drove every where. My neighborhood is quite and everyone knows everyone's dog and if they get loose we bring them back to the person. I really think it was someone who didn't live in the neighborhood. They have chips and still have not been activated. I think whomever have them intends on keeping them. One is a pure breed bischon frise and the other is a King Charles mixed with cocker spaniel known as cavalier/ designer dog. They were both groomed, house train and loving friendly dogs. It's hard to get in the spirit but I am trying. I think I have to just push myself because I am overwhelmingly sad. So Santa, don't take it personally. I am trying to get back on track and I will be grateful for my gifts.

I really want to apologize to my Santa for not participating as much on the thread. Both of my dogs were stolen and life has not been the same. My daughter was outside with them and ran inside to get her keys and when she came back they were gone. We looked/ drove every where. My neighborhood is quite and everyone knows everyone's dog and if they get loose we bring them back to the person. I really think it was someone who didn't live in the neighborhood. They have chips and still have not been activated. I think whomever have them intends on keeping them. One is a pure breed bischon frise and the other is a King Charles mixed with cocker spaniel known as cavalier/ designer dog. They were both groomed, house train and loving friendly dogs. It's hard to get in the spirit but I am trying. I think I have to just push myself because I am overwhelmingly sad. So Santa, don't take it personally. I am trying to get back on track and I will be grateful for my gifts.

Oh no that is terrible that someone stole your dogs! I would be heartbroken if it happened to me.  I think it would be hard to get in the holiday spirit too.

Hugs to you and your family.

I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you and your daughter.  

I'm sorry this happened to you.  Losing a pet is like losing a member of the family, and it's worse that someone may have taken them from you.  I don't understand how people can do that.

That's so awful! My roommate had her dog stolen by the neighbors, and although they swore up and down it wasn't the same dog, anyone with eyes could see... I will hope for a Holiday miracle and you get your fur babies returned to you!

• Like 1

Some days I really wish there was a dislike button.  I would be heartbroken if that happened to me and my dogs.  I hope you end up finding them!

Oh that's so awful! Hope your pups turn up safe and sound soon.

Feeling giddy packing up my Santee's gifts and getting ready to ship them out next week!

Great job on the packaging your santee will be very lucky.

Just finished wrapping presents for my Santee! Hope she likes everything I picked!

That is so pretty!