zadidoll

Secret Santa 2014! - Main thread

I know I, along with the rest of you, like complaining about USPS, since they have been pretty whack lately...but three cheers for Sunday delivery! Tracking says my package should arrive TODAY!!!! (though, my luck, it will be delayed for whatever reason, despite being at my local PO, and I will be shaking my fist at them)

I have been sooo eagerly awaiting this, since my Santa is obviously a creative type given the questions/messages I have been receiving on Elfster! My little nieces stayed the night last night, so I have a feeling they are going to be all excited and "help" me. They are 5 and 3 and are the type of girls who love sparkles, ribbon, and squueee over any kind of mail, so it should be a good time all around.

Edited by Kelli
  • Like 5

Housekeeping!  The Warehouse is now closed.  If you had a post in there, don't worry about it having outdated information:  I've hidden those posts, so once it is unlocked for Midsummer, they won't be there, which means you won't be inundated with requests for whatever it was that you posted about seven months earlier.  As for *when* it will open, my plan is to reopen it when signups start (date to be determined) so everyone has time to get their lists of items up for grabs together (or just keep a running list of things in the Midsummer Bin as they arrive in sub boxes, GWPs, etc.) and post them before assignments are handed out, and then things can happen much more quickly.  Thanks!

• Like 1

I'm finishing up my package!  Note to whoever receives it (my forumname is on the outside of the box, so it will be easy to identify):  Please do not open in direct sunlight.  There are a couple of VERY SHINY VERY HOLOGRAPHIC packets in there, and you might sear a retina if you stare directly at it under bright light.  (As a side note, I love that paper -- I used it for Midsummer and discovered that I had some left over when I was looking for something else yesterday -- and wish I had more, but there is NO WAY I'm headed to the mall to get more until after New Year's.)

• Like 9

It's HERE! It will be a bit before there is a reveal since my wonderful, super talented @@Dashery wrote a novel. No, seriously, she literally wrote an entire detective novel!!!! Everything is all organized and I have already opened the first gift at the end of chapter one, but took a little break to post real quick that I got it safe and sound and am totally, super duper, freaking out, excited!

Chapter 1/Gift 1 is already sooo amazing (both the story and the gift, which is more than I ever could have expected! Did I mention somewhere that I have been drooling over that since it came out?!?!?! Cause I have been!)

• Like 12

IMPORTANT MOD REMINDER:  TOMORROW IS THE SHIPPING DEADLINE.  PLEASE PM YOUR TRACKING INFORMATION TO @, @, OR @MEAGANOLA.     

(Why, yes, your mods *are* missing a lot of these.  Why, yes, they *are* getting concerned.  Why do you ask?)

• Like 4

I kind of think we should have a longer shopping period next year. It was nice, having a long one for Midsummer, and the TAT on orders at this time of year, especially with indies, is crazy long sometimes. 

(Mine's ready to go, just saying...a longer shopping period would be great!)

• Like 2

I am having sooooo much fun, I can't think of any thing at all that I would want to change, but...if we are tossing out ideas for what to do/not do for next year, how about adding a New Year's Day white elephant gift exchange?

The rule could be something like...we all have to take one WTF item received, and regift it in all it's glory for someone else to go WTF??? LOL!!  I think that would be so hilarious! LOL!

(ok, going to finish my coffee now...up all night...sleep all day...oh insomnia I really hate you sometimes!)

I kind of think we should have a longer shopping period next year. It was nice, having a long one for Midsummer, and the TAT on orders at this time of year, especially with indies, is crazy long sometimes. 

(Mine's ready to go, just saying...a longer shopping period would be great!)

That is near the top of my list of things to address once this is all over and we start figuring out what needs to be changed for next time!  Indies have just BLOWN UP this year, and I have a feeling TAT is only going to get longer.

As for other things to change for next time, we should probably move that discussion to another thread since we're still in the middle of SeSa 2014!  I do know that additional exchanges during the year have been proposed and discussed, and it has been decided that we will keep the forum exchanges to Secret Santa and Midsummer. 

• Like 2

Crossposting...so my Santee knows that I am TRYING to be timely....

My cyber Monday orders are not here yet either...so with my double stacking of the 20% off, yesterday I ordered a different gift for my secret santa, and paid the $10 for express shipping.  If THAT order doesn't get here in time...double stacking aside, I will make it a point to let all of the world know how upset I am.  I wouldn't care for me...but NO ONE IS GOING TO INTERFERE WITH MY MUT GIFT EXCHANGE!!!!  Hmpffff!!!!

• Like 1

Monday is going to be an epic reveal day.  :D

...and probably Wednesday/Thursday as it appears most packages will be going out tomorrow!

• Like 4

I'm doing an exchange elsewhere, and I haven't even started wrapping those things -- and every time I go to pick up the box of tissue paper and ribbon, I HAVE THIS STARING UP AT ME (all-caps intentional):

0d42134b-f362-4eda-856b-54f629399efa_zps

In unrelated news, I forgot to post a photo of the goodie bag they were handing out at to the first 200 people at Crafty Wonderland yesterday! We got there before 9am (it opened at 11) because my aunt was *determined* to get a bag, and we were about 100 people back already.  The bag, which I absolutely *adore*, so, sorry, gang, I'm keeping this:

a5c904f4-8760-460d-88f6-8ecdda956041_zps

IT IS A HEDGEHOG!  WEARING A *FEZ*!  HOW DID THIS MAGIC APPEAR IN MY LIFE?

• Like 12

Hehe, I'm so excited!  My Santa told me it should be here on Monday (I don't want to look at the tracking, so that may be off a day or 2).  Plus I have a Christmas party to go to tonight and one tomorrow night :)  I'm so excited for Christmas, at work yesterday, I think one of my managers heard me singing a Christmas song that wasn't even playing on the loud speaker  :)  :santa:

• Like 1

I just walked into the kitchen and found a box all packed up and ready to be labeled to ship out, but I had NO CLUE what it was or who it was for.  I carried it around the apartment for a few minutes before I finally managed to remember:  Lip gloss for @@marigoldsue (she knows it's coming, so saying this in public will not ruin any surprise).  Go, no short-term memory!

• Like 1

Okay, Santee. I'm throwing a few last silly things into your gift and officially taping it all up. I hope the post office is good and doesn't keep it for ten years. And I hope you like it.

• Like 5

So one of my cyber Monday orders updated that they 'attempted' to deliver yesterday...but left a notice.  In all the time I've gotten packages at that address (4 years) they have NEVER not left a package.  The property is gated and rural so there is no need to NOT leave a package.  

So I showered (yeah, I know - up all night, just getting moving now...) and if I get out there to a notice I will be seeing RED!!  It's 1.5 hrs round trip so I guess I'll have some cool off time to digest the disappointment, though.

BUT...if it is there...HAPPY DAY!!!  That is the one I need to close my box and get it out tomorrow!!!  Cross your fingers, pray to your (fill in the blank) and wish on that falling star because I REALLY want it to be there!!!

Did anyone else watch _Gracepoint_?  I did *not* expect that ending.  I'm working on _Broadchurch_ now, but I'm only on the third ep, and it's still pretty much exactly like the remake.  I think the only things that were changed so so far have been David Tennat's accent and things like "crisps" being switched to "chips."  Most of the dialogue is *identical*.  Even camera angles were replicated.  It's going to be interesting to see how things go once I get to the part where the storylines diverge.

I just ordered a pizza (Pizza King Pepperoni Feast for those of you 'in the know' about PK) and will begin wrapping NOW!  Oh how I wish I could send my girl a PK pizza!!  

:)

• Like 3

I just ordered a pizza (Pizza King Pepperoni Feast for those of you 'in the know' about PK) and will begin wrapping NOW!  Oh how I wish I could send my girl a PK pizza!!  

:)

Um, even though I'm not your girl,a s I've already gotten my gift, I'll take a Royal Feast, thanks!! :)

• Like 1

Um, even though I'm not your girl,a s I've already gotten my gift, I'll take a Royal Feast, thanks!! :)

It's a record -- ordered and delivered in 30 min!  I only had time to get organized and wrap one gift!

I don't think I've ever had the Royal -- too much fungus!  

They have a chicken sriracha that looks goooooood.