zadidoll

Secret Santa 2014! - Main thread

It's a record -- ordered and delivered in 30 min!  I only had time to get organized and wrap one gift!

I don't think I've ever had the Royal -- too much fungus!  

They have a chicken sriracha that looks goooooood.

I love mushrooms :)

I only like pizza if there are a variety of textures on it, and if there is pepperoni there HAS to be some veggies to break up that pepperoni taste because it gets overwhelming for me on its own! lol. I am weird, I know.

Is it bad that I'm really sad about shipping my gift tomorrow, because it means SS is "over" for me this year? 

• Like 4

I couldn't help myself - after I wrapped and (lovingly) squeezed everything in the box, I noticed a sliver of space left and grabbed some Asian candies when I went out to the Asian market this afternoon and threw them into the box as well. I need to get my money's worth for this flat rate shipping!

• Like 6

Every time I come on here someone is talking about food and I get a mad craving!  I'll have to suggest pizza for lunch with my sister tomorrow.  There is a Zachary's near our mall that makes a Carne pizza.  It has italian sausage, pepperoni, salami, and chopped bacon.  Mmmmmmmm.........

• Like 2

I couldn't help myself - after I wrapped and (lovingly) squeezed everything in the box, I noticed a sliver of space left and grabbed some Asian candies when I went out to the Asian market this afternoon and threw them into the box as well. I need to get my money's worth for this flat rate shipping!

That's what I feel like too when I ship! hahaha. I always try to squeeze as much into the box as possible, or if it's weighted, toe all the way up to the limit. >.> I've definitely shipped 3lb0.5oz stuff at 3lb before, but I don't think they'll hassle you if it's like 1-2oz over the limit

I was going to make a chocolate run for my Santee's box, and then I saw the response to the question about food, and, sorry, no Moonstruck for her.  And then after I got home, I realized I completely neglected to get any extras (part of that was because I had a very specific in mind that I was going to construct a whole theme around, and I couldn't find it in the time I had, and then I just forgot about a backup).  I hope there's enough good stuff in there to compensate for that.  I really need to start buying this sort of thing throughout the year when I see it in preparation for SeSa and Midsummer.  I fail at extras.

• Like 1

Mine might have too many silly extras. BUT I'm sad because I got the box all taped up and realized that I'd forgotten something. It was just a small extra but it was one I think she would have really liked! Maaaaybe I'll even save it for her birthday or something. Sigh.

Oh, and Santee, there are some things stuck throughout the box that aren't wrapped, and I hope you're okay with that! I just thought it'd be fun. They're extras and not the main gift. :)

• Like 1

Also, I'm so excited because after this week, I have two whole weeks off for the holidays (this is my first year not in healthcare! I'm not used to that!) and although I don't really have anything holiday-ish to do (my only real holiday celebrations this year are the little party in my class and Secret Santa) it means TIME TO WORK ON THANK YOU GIFTS FOR MY SANTA AND MY MIDSUMMER FAIRY GODMOTHER :D :D

So excited.

• Like 4

I can't believe I finished wrapping -- only 4 hours until my alarm!  LOL

(I'm a night owl, so it isn't unusual to be up this late on a Sunday -- plus I somehow took a 5 hour nap earlier!)

I took a picture, but it's horrible, so I'll try again tomorrow before I seal it up and ship it!  I have one little thing left to add, but it's sitting on my desk at work.  (Smart, right?)

Night Santas!!

• Like 3

IMPORTANT MOD REMINDER:  TOMORROW IS THE SHIPPING DEADLINE.  PLEASE PM YOUR TRACKING INFORMATION TO @, @, OR @MEAGANOLA.     

(Why, yes, your mods *are* missing a lot of these.  Why, yes, they *are* getting concerned.  Why do you ask?)

I sent mine in on elfster and here to @allistra44:)

• Like 1

I sent mine in on elfster and here to @allistra44:)

Perfect! As long as one of us receives it, you're set. Thanks!

Just a few final reminders (I know it's kind of late, but hey): :santa:

1. Your username needs to be somewhere on the package. Return address, inside a card, written in neon letters outside of the box, whatever.

I know things got kind of confusing this year with all of the 'pre'-packages & whatnot, but your username needs to be on the FINAL package that you send out. 

(If you mailed already & forgot, just make sure you watch the reveal thread & let your santee know who you are, please!)

2. Tracking is mandatory & must be PMd to me, @@meaganola, or @mayra3. This information will not be forwarded to your santee unless you specifically ask us to. 

3. Deadline for mailing is today, December 15th. I'm hoping that anyone who needed an extension has already contacted us, but if for some reason you can't mail today please let us know ASAP. 

Admittedly a tiny bit worried because it's getting late & we're still missing tracking from almost half of the participants (and as far as we're concerned no tracking=not mailed). Hoping there will be a mad post office dash after everyone is done with work for the day!  B)

• Like 4

As a side note to what @ said, if you have PM'd me with your tracking or another issue today and I haven't responded, don't worry! I have limited MUT abilities during the workday, and I'll take care of things when I get home from work. Thanks!

Oooh loving the Ferrero Rocher!  Come to me box of chocolate!  

I got my beautiful, amazing, sweet gift from @ ... currently in the middle of opening it! REVEAL COMING SOON.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

P.S. Why didn't that tag her? 

Edited by allistra44
  • Like 6

I got a message via Elfster that my gift was shipped and will be here next Monday! That happens to be perfect timing because I just scheduled a medical test for that day which I'm kind of nervous for and it can be painful so it will be cheer me up for sure :)

• Like 9

I got my beautiful, amazing, sweet gift from @ ... currently in the middle of opening it! REVEAL COMING SOON.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

P.S. Why didn't that tag her? 

fixed ;) 

Mine does that sometimes too. I think if you put any sort of punctuation after the username, the system thinks it's part of the name & doesn't tag correctly..

• Like 1

Hmm I told my santee I don't need tracking so I could be surprised if she wanted me to be, but now I'm like aww man I want to stalk it! So impatient sometimes hehe

• Like 2

Pssssst....check this out....

MY BOX IS HERE!! MY BOX IS HERE!!!! :w00t:

post-114172-0-85536500-1418695353_thumb.jpg

THANK YOU WADEDL!!!!  So the million dollar question...can I wait for Christmas morning...or do you want me to open it now???  Not sure if you knew that I was hoping to save it for Christmas...although now that it is here in my hot little hands...I'm rethinking that thought!   :laughno: 

Edited by BB019
  • Like 13