zadidoll

Secret Santa 2014! - Main thread

And that right there is a big problem for me...I think I might be a little OCD actually.  Having a big problem with the unevenness of the layout!  LOL!  

Hmmmm...do you think it is possible to not find out you have serious OCD issues until you are in your mid 40's???  YIKES!   But then again...I haven't had all my pretties for long either, like what...6 months??  Yeah about that long, so that could be it too.  Hmmm....

Maybe its that pre-made palettes are so pretty and organized. I think with you having them for only 6 months it makes it hard to take the pretties apart and put them together in a less visually appealing manner. The Urban Decay Palette needed some less sparkly things so I would rarely use it since I have more convenient complete looks The Stila eyeshadows were just two in one palette and never get reached for. The quad was bad packaging. So I am hoping to use these thing more often with the Z-palette since I liked them but they were not convenient before.

• Like 1

I didn't have time to take pictures yet but OH MY GOSH you guys. 

So 1) I received two Sephora packages in the mail from @@ohsailor and they're both AMAZING and I am still in shock. Things I have been lusting over fooooorever

2) I got the nicest, most thoughtful package ever from @ yesterday!!! 

Pictures of both soon :) I love you all so darn much. 

• Like 8

So 1) I received two Sephora packages in the mail from @@ohsailor and they're both AMAZING and I am still in shock. Things I have been lusting over fooooorever

And we love you, too!

Thanks for being such a good "room mother" for our SS this year!!  Shall we call you Mrs. Claus??

• Like 7

Maybe its that pre-made palettes are so pretty and organized. I think with you having them for only 6 months it makes it hard to take the pretties apart and put them together in a less visually appealing manner. The Urban Decay Palette needed some less sparkly things so I would rarely use it since I have more convenient complete looks The Stila eyeshadows were just two in one palette and never get reached for. The quad was bad packaging. So I am hoping to use these thing more often with the Z-palette since I liked them but they were not convenient before.

I don't think I have the heart to de-pot a couple of my larger palettes, like my Nude Tude (too cute!) or maybe Revealed (it would take up most of the zpalette) but I really want to get something to get rid of my smaller palettes (UD vegan, a couple of the little Benefit ones, a few starlooks, and maybe my Cargo quads if they're able to be depotted.) I never use them because i hate having to dig them out of my "smaller palettes" box!

• Like 1

Oh!  Good point!!  That could be it...I have to think about that.  And look, I'm a  total gazer, I loooooooooove looking at my makeup.  I am still drooling over the mystery present I bought myself from bare minerals! LOL!!  (yeah, I know how that sounds but I don't care  :P)  

• Like 2

I don't think I have the heart to de-pot a couple of my larger palettes, like my Nude Tude (too cute!) or maybe Revealed (it would take up most of the zpalette) but I really want to get something to get rid of my smaller palettes (UD vegan, a couple of the little Benefit ones, a few starlooks, and maybe my Cargo quads if they're able to be depotted.) I never use them because i hate having to dig them out of my "smaller palettes" box!

That's what I did with my Uni palette.  I don't think I'll be tearing apart my bigger palettes until they start to get used up.  But I put most of my singles, duos and trios into it, and it makes it so much easier to find the specific one's I want for the day.  I also put a few small sample blush and bronzers in there since I didn't like the packaging they came in.  I need to get a few more palettes to finish depotting, but I really like the size of the uni palettes, they fit perfectly in the makeup box I use.

• Like 2

Sigh.

Me: I'll go to bed as soon as Kitty A gets off my lap!

Kitty B: *settles on lap on top of Kitty A*

Kitty A: *climbs off lap*

Me: *sigh*

There's no point in specifying which kitty is A and which is B because they take turns doing this pretty much every single night.

• Like 4

Well, that was interesting (and totally off topic), but while making pumpkin pie, the hand mixer blew up in my hand.  I'm okay, but geez was that startling!  It threw a big spark and dimmed the lights in the house for a second.  There's even small poka dots on my wrist near where it happened.  It could have been much worse, but now I have to make the pie by hand :(

Well, that was interesting (and totally off topic), but while making pumpkin pie, the hand mixer blew up in my hand.  I'm okay, but geez was that startling!  It threw a big spark and dimmed the lights in the house for a second.  There's even small poka dots on my wrist near where it happened.  It could have been much worse, but now I have to make the pie by hand :(

Yikes...glad you're ok! I hope Santa brings you a new mixer!

• Like 1

I am so glad you are ok!!!  YIKES!!!  I'd be afraid of anything that plugged in if that happened to me!!  I used to go to bible study with a man who got electrocuted pretty severely, in fact it's more a miracle he survived.  He had I don't know how many volts or watts or whatever go through him...all I can remember of what he said was it was like a 1 to 2 in diameter 'beam' of electricity (he does some technical engineering stuff for Chevron, beam is the closest word I could think of from my memory of his description of the incident) and it went through his forearm and upper arm (of the same arm).  I've never seen anything so gnarly in my life.   Just has baseball sized scars left from it - otherwise he is fine. But I guess it was one of those 'if' moments...if he had been in any other position when the beam went through, it would have killed him.  Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!

Again...so happy you are ok!

That is awesome, you deserve to be spoiled!

Sorry to hear that, glad you are ok.

Yikes...glad you're ok! I hope Santa brings you a new mixer!

I am so glad you are ok!!!  YIKES!!!  I'd be afraid of anything that plugged in if that happened to me!!  I used to go to bible study with a man who got electrocuted pretty severely, in fact it's more a miracle he survived.  He had I don't know how many volts or watts or whatever go through him...all I can remember of what he said was it was like a 1 to 2 in diameter 'beam' of electricity (he does some technical engineering stuff for Chevron, beam is the closest word I could think of from my memory of his description of the incident) and it went through his forearm and upper arm (of the same arm).  I've never seen anything so gnarly in my life.   Just has baseball sized scars left from it - otherwise he is fine. But I guess it was one of those 'if' moments...if he had been in any other position when the beam went through, it would have killed him.  Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!

Again...so happy you are ok!

Sorry to hear that, glad you are ok.

Thanks guys.  All of the spots are gone now, they looked like tiny scorch marks so they come off with some scrubbing.  At least most of the Christmas baking was done, all that was left was the pie and some dog treats.  Yesterday, my Mom also broke the timer too, so after Christmas we're going to have to find some deals on kitchen supplies.

• Like 3

I just played a rousing game of What's That Noise?  The correct answer:  Oscar snoring on the couch.  He's a Heavy-Breathing Cat to begin with, but he breathes even heavier when he's sleeping.  Anyway.  Everyone is a winner.  I prefer this to the game played at my brother's house this morning in which everyone is a loser:  Which Dog Farted?  THERE WERE FOUR DOGS THERE.  ALL OF THEM TOOK TURNS POLLUTING THE AIR.

In unrelated news, I am utterly uninterested in buying *anything* right now.  NOT EVEN MORE SPARKLY INDIE EYESHADOW.  What is wrong with me?  I am clearly broken!

• Like 5

In unrelated news, I am utterly uninterested in buying *anything* right now.  NOT EVEN MORE SPARKLY INDIE EYESHADOW.  What is wrong with me?  I am clearly broken!

I'm alone at the moment, and I think I'm having the opposite feeling...like...what, no sales? No promos? Bring it on!  Hahaha! Merry Christmas!

I do think I'm getting these boots shortly:

http://www.drmartens.com/us/Womens/WOMEN%27S-1460/p/11821010

I'm definitely getting a pair of flowered Docs in January as a birthday present to myself. It's been my plan since I got the oxblood ones in April: New Docs for my birthday! A new tradition! I'm just not absolutely positive which ones yet.

My laptop was custom built by HP in September and I want to murder it already. My desktop is the 100 year old cheap Compaq (that I had to buy asap after my previous 100 year old desktop was stolen) and I want to murder that, too. My hubby's Lenovo is boring and only has work stuff. Why do computers hate me?

If anyone mentions Mac, they are dead to me. Apple hates me more than any other electronics device in the entire world.

What is the electronics version of a black thumb? Coming from the Graphic Design student (who is changing her major, ha ha, due to unrelated stressors).

My laptop was custom built by HP in September and I want to murder it already. My desktop is the 100 year old cheap Compaq (that I had to buy asap after my previous 100 year old desktop was stolen) and I want to murder that, too. My hubby's Lenovo is boring and only has work stuff. Why do computers hate me?

If anyone mentions Mac, they are dead to me. Apple hates me more than any other electronics device in the entire world.

What is the electronics version of a black thumb? Coming from the Graphic Design student (who is changing her major, ha ha, due to unrelated stressors).

Haha, I'm going to be dead to you, but as far as computers go, Macs are the only ones that don't make me want to bash my head in (but I've had macs since I graduated high school until now). Unfortunately, my macbook died a while back (my fault, knocked a glass of water off of a dresser onto it) and I'm too poor to replace it (those things are EXPENSIVE).

I've actually found that, while I'm trying to save to replace it, a Chromebook is the most tolerable option for me! (I borrowed my mom's PC for a bit and hated it as much as ever...I just hate Windows. Everything about it. I find it so frustrating to use). THere are some inconveniences (can't run programs, only web based apps on the Chrome OS, etc) but since the most important thing for me is being able to do my various internet tasks, it's okay. 

• Like 2

@@yousoldtheworld I don't know how old your MacBook is but if you still have it they might be able to refurbish it for you. My bed fell on mine and cracked it and eventually it stopped working and for a flat fee they fixed everything. I only use Apple, my son got an F on his computer pre test since he has never used a windows machine. The last windows machine lasted 5 minutes literally and my 5 year old MacBook Pro that I gave to my stepdaughter works perfectly still. Love how all my electronics work together so well, I can send things from my phone to my computer to my kids iPads so easily. Can't wait until I can get the watch!

• Like 1

List me as an Apple hater. Things don't work worth crap for me, granted I haven't used their actual computers since the iMac one of those color ones like in Zoolander, but our Ipad sits uncharged right now and noone is upset and I gave my Ipod away because I hated the damn thing.

Edited by Tweakabell
  • Like 2

Microsoft pissed me off with Vista so badly that I will never own another Microsoft product again.  I do use Windows at work, but only because I am required to do so.  I ran with hardcore computer snobs in my 20s, though:  They would build their own Linux boxes (frequently from spare parts about to be discarded at their jobs in University of Washington computer labs) and would only run open source software.  Oh, 1990s Seattle nerdery!  How I miss you!

• Like 5