zadidoll

Secret Santa 2014! - Main thread

I swore off Apple after I bought a Newton a thousand years ago.  (Google it for a good laugh.)

I can't believe I now have an iPhone (have had for 2 years).  I had two android phones - one was crap (Orig Droid X and an LG something) that were so wonky and unreliable.  I kept seeing how my students were all toting iPhones -- and abusing them, yet they were still working.  I figured there might be something to them.

A year later an iPad mini appeared to replace my Samsung tablet.

I don't know if I'll ever get a mac, but who knows. 

• Like 4

I haven't actually ever OWNED a Macbook but I use them at school and I've never been impressed. My iPhone, however, I hate with the passion of a thousand fiery suns. I was actually hoping to get a new phone for Christmas, but apparently the hubs didn't understand what I meant when I said "If I have to use this phone another day, I am going to throw it out the window". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't hate Windows - I actually like Windows 8, barring all the insignificant flaws the developers never bothered to fix. :rolleyes:  But Vista WAS awful, but Windows ME was even worse. Thank god for Windows XP. If it weren't for that platform I probably would have joined the Linux team.

Edit: I just... I can't. This machine hates me, GDI.
Edit2: Forgot to mention, I will never not be okay with the fact the RIM never was able to have a viable platform. I keep hoping for a BlackBerry comeback, but man I need my Instagram!
Edited by Shalott

Apple lover here! Posting from my iPhone. I carry my iPod with me everywhere. My PC is on its last leg and the second it goes I will buy a Mac.

My dad, however, is a computer technician and absolutely HATES Apple products.

• Like 1

Ouch, well, I am so sorry for the passing of @@yousoldtheworld and @mikaglam. They will be greatly missed. :P

Nah - as much as I complain, I am an equal opportunity OS user - I just really dislike Mac is all. ;)

SeSa related, I am curious if there are still gifts floating out there? Are there international giftees (or giftees with international Santas) that we might see something from? *still excited* :lol:

• Like 2

RIM makes BEASTS! Z got a Playbook for her 5th birthday, we JUST got her a transformer for XMAS and the Playbook still works even after 5 year old Z decided to "wash" it when it got dirty. We definitely got our money's worth out of that thing, it's a shame it wasn't more popular.

• Like 1

@@yousoldtheworld I don't know how old your MacBook is but if you still have it they might be able to refurbish it for you. My bed fell on mine and cracked it and eventually it stopped working and for a flat fee they fixed everything. I only use Apple, my son got an F on his computer pre test since he has never used a windows machine. The last windows machine lasted 5 minutes literally and my 5 year old MacBook Pro that I gave to my stepdaughter works perfectly still. Love how all my electronics work together so well, I can send things from my phone to my computer to my kids iPads so easily. Can't wait until I can get the watch!

It's like....7 years old I think (it's one of the very first batch of the aluminum unibody ones) and the price to fix it at this point wouldn't really be worth it :(, and would still take months upon months of saving up. 

I too have an iphone and am really missing the whole phone and computer synergy! I hate androids the same way I hate windows, they just feel so clunky to me!

BUT, minus the whole phone/computer cooperation, going from my mac to a chromebook was a much easier transition than going from my mac to a pc, so. I won't complain. :)

Edited by yousoldtheworld

Oh my gosh, whatever that food is it looks so good. I mean... I am near licking the screen right now. Santa, come cook for me! :lol:

ETA: Don't tell me it is like, homemade pet treats or something (and I seriously don't know how to say that without it seeming rude, but I'm not trying to be). That would tell you what the level of my homemade food is! :blush:

Edited by Shalott
  • Like 5

Oh my gosh, whatever that food is it looks so good. I mean... I am near licking the screen right now. Santa, come cook for me! :lol:

ETA: Don't tell me it is like, homemade pet treats or something (and I seriously don't know how to say that without it seeming rude, but I'm not trying to be). That would tell you what the level of my homemade food is! :blush:

it's definitely home made, that's how amazing she is. she sent me a message a couple of days ago saying she was making something and express shipping it. I was trying to figure out what weighed so much in the box at first and it absolutely makes up half the weight. I can't even close all of it in the tin she gave me XD

I hope you will share the recipe! it's sooo good. :9

• Like 2

So I may have missed it - but do we know who @ 's Santa is yet? I'm dying over here. 

I'm posting it right now!!! I love my friends and I love having them over, but getting dragged around the mall for hours is not conductive to posting reveals XD And I know I'm driving her crazy...

• Like 3

Santa! just wanted to let you know I didn't forget about you! I thought my friends weren't going to come over until the 26th (today) but one of them basically asked me to pick her up on Christmas day so um. yeah. I didn't want to be rude and open everything while she was still here >.> but I did open some of it and am sharing the goodies with them and my family!!! I've been good and I didn't open the last card yet (I will when I have the chance to kick everyone out of my room and take pictures) but for now, know that people are enjoying your nummy goodies! (and I have a feeling I know who you are but I will be good and not peek!) here's a preview, uploaded in my phone, so hopefully they won't take up too much space....

I hope you had a wonderful

and warm Christmas with your family!!! thanks for making mine so special this year

attachicon.gifIMG_20141227_013220.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20141227_013256.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20141227_013306.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20141227_013521.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20141227_013534.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20141227_013559.jpg

That looks delicious!

So much to catch up on the last few days have been super busy talking to family and plenty of naps in between due to the time difference. We have been trying to watch The Hobbit for the past week but keep missing it due to naps hoping we actually watch it today.

• Like 2

OH!!! Now I get it!! Thanks!!  I thought if no one figured out who's who - we'd spill on a particular -set - time when it got closer to Christmas.  Actually, at first I thought that is what the 'reveal' thread was. :blush2:  

I feel compelled to note, in my defense, that @'s Santa didn't put their MUT name on the package!! LOL!!  I'm still learning...first time here! Hahahaha!  But I get it now. 

But I want to thank all of you.  I love my newfound passion for makeup, I love watching my wrinkles go away a tiny bit at a time by following a skin care routine and doing my masks etc...and I love chatting on here and finding out about new things!  

And now all that involves PRESENTS!!  I don't know what could be better!!

But if I put my MUT name on the outside of the box...my giftee will know who their Secret Santa is.  I think I'm missing something!!  

Auugh!!!!!! You were so sneaky!!!! 

Kudos on the job well done! Santa should probably hire you on as a consultant. 

• Like 9

I'm sad I wasn't able to participate this year, but it's neat to see all of the excitement and happiness :)

• Like 1

Auugh!!!!!! You were so sneaky!!!!

Oh yeah!  hahaha...I thought I was going to get in trouble, then I thought 'well what is the point of a SS if they know who you are?'  But slowly I got up to speed on how it worked...LOL!  

• Like 1

I was typing a response to Birchbox regarding the Gap $10 off coupon SNAFU (they gave me 100 BB points) and when I typed my closing, I typed:

Thank youu!

And for some reason, I can't stop ROFLMAO!!!

:rotfl:   :laughno:   :rotfl:   :w00t:  :w00t:   :rotfl:  :laughno:   :rotfl:

• Like 1

is there gonna be a 2015 secret santa? I cnat find anything on it. Thanks

Yes there is! Thanks for asking. We had mentioned it in the current Circular Swap thread but not here yet. I'll open a thread about it.