Shattered Hourglass Blush

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sooo the most horrible thing just happened. I was in my bathroom and moved something and it knocked my hourglass blush onto the floor. The blush is completely shattered and a mess. Now my question is do I keep the messy blush and use it as is, do I somehow save it, or should I just pitch it? I'm so annoyed that it fell onto the floor. I only got it about 2 months ago so its relatively new. 

I'd put it in a container with a screw on lid so that popping it open doesn't just stir up dust and use it loose like that. I'd think trying to save it like a shattered eye shadow with some form of liquid to dry and solidify it would change the pigmentation some. I'm not sure about any of this though, since I've never owned an Hourglass blush.

Put all the pieces into the container and use the back of a spoon to crumble it all into powder. Add a little rubbing alcohol and mix well. Wrap a coin in a paper towel and firmly press on top of the  mixture. The alcohol will evaporate and voila! your blush (or eyeshadow) is fixed.

The alcohol trick does change the product consistency a bit. I have a Benefit Dandelion blush that I re-pressed one corner with alcohol, and the area where I re-pressed it is now a bit harder and doesn't wear down evenly with the original blush. Also, the microshimmer seems to have floated up to the surface when I mixed in the alcohol, and when it dried it almost looked like a shimmer overspray.

I think I would try to find a sifter jar and try using it loose to keep the product texture from changing. You can always press it later if having it in a jar is annoying.

First of all, I'm so sorry this happened. (HUGS) This is really upsetting.

I agree about the alcohol changing it a bit. The blush I repressed ( A Clinique GWP) has never really been the same.

Not to mention the fact that when you repress it, the marbling could change if the blush particles and the ambient light particles are different weights.

I would definitely see if you can get a little jar with a sifter to use it with. You can buy jars with sifters online (http://www.oceanmistcosmetics.com/Sifter-Jars_p_135.html) or you could reuse any empty jar you already have on hand.

I agree with most on here... Your best bet is to crush it down into a loose powder in a container that works for you.

I also agree with @, as alcohol does change the consistency and how the product behaves afterwards in terms of texture and longevity on the skin and even how a brush picks up the product.

I ended up doing the alcohol trick it definitely changed the blush a bit. I knew it would no longer have the marbled look when I decided to fix it. It stick works its just not as "soft" of a blush anymore, it has a more intense color now. It's still usable but it's not like the original product if that makes sense. I'll try taking a picture of it pressed. I ended up buying the blush trio with Luminous Flush in it because I figured it was a better deal and I still really wanted the blush how it was originally intended. I'll swatch the 2 comparing them soon.

Thanks everyone for all your input!  

Is this particular Hourglass blush one of the marble ones? If so don't smoosh it back together. It's best to get a large jar (like the ones Glamour Doll Eyes uses for their loose blushes) and put your broken blush into that. You can crumble it up more or leave in larger pieces. You can then use it like this:

qcWHDlN.jpg

Latest posts

Back