Birchbox November 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacehtpuekam

Malicious Meanie Pants
Reaction score
Sneak Peek Video #1 is up on Facebook :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Theme: Giving

Holiday Gift Guide will be in all November boxes.

By sharing a photo of your box, you'll be donating to a charity (which they will reveal later). 

PYS Choices: Royal Apothic Cuppa Cuppa Firming Tea Treatment Mask, Not Soap Radio Joy Inducing Body Wash, Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel for Sensitive Skin, Amika Nourishing Mask. 

Birchbox Plus: Make Luminous Lip Gloss in Dragon Fruit ($21-retail $25), Mercado Global Zip Pouch ($25-retail $30). 10% of the retail value goes to the We See Beauty Foundation to support women-led co-ops. 

ETA: Aces & subscribers who have referred friends will get to pick their sample 10/27. Everyone else will get to pick 10/28.

(magicalmom dropping in with the box link!  Link is for box 1, change the # at the end to see other variations!)

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/november-2015/november-2014-bb1

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not super-duper overly excited about the PYS choices this month, but I do like that their are 4 solid choices. If I actually get to pick a sample this month, I am narrowed down to either the tea mask or the Juice Beauty.

I am not super-duper overly excited about the PYS choices this month, but I do like that their are 4 solid choices. If I actually get to pick a sample this month, I am narrowed down to either the tea mask or the Juice Beauty.
Those two would be my choices too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />, but I may skip picking a sample this month. I feel that when you pick, you limit number of possible boxes you can get.

I just can't wait to see that gift guide!
Me too. I really want see what Birchbox has in store (quite literally) for this holiday season. before I blow my holiday shopping budget on other stuff.

Hm, it used to be that you could only get the month's box if you subscribed before the 15th or 17th, but now they're doing it if you subscribe by the last day XD 

I'm not super interested in this month's box, so I don't want it, but I do want to get December's box... and I also want to pick my sample. And use the 100pt bonus. What to do, what to do... I guess I can always just spin the roulette next month so I can pick from December's samples. 

I'm on the opposite end, none of those choices appeal to me.  I might choose one just to try and avoid the Amika mask--I bought a FS without ever sampling it based on recommendations from here and hated it!  Somehow it made my hair feel dry and greasy at the same time.  Truthfully I only get really excited over color cosmetics, but I end up finding a lot of things I like that aren't so exciting   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not too interested in the sample choices this month. That might be a good thing for me though. Can keep it to own sub this month and save for holiday shopping.

I am not that excited about these sample choices.   I may pick the Not Soap Radio wash to avoid some of the other choices.  But it seems that they like to put more than one sample choice item in a lot of the boxes.  So maybe I should just leave it to fate!

Ehhh...I'm not particularly excited about any of this.  I'll wait to see what the curated box is and if I'm not wild about that, I'll leave it up to fate! 

Edit: I changed my mind, lol. I'm actually excited to possibly get a mask or face treatment. But I have no idea what's good - I don't use one normally. So I'll leave it to chance and hopefully Birchbox will match me to a good one for my skin.

I missed that it was a PYS, they really annoyed me in the video today. Lol

It's tough deciding between the green apple peel and the royal apothic mask. I really like the peel but want to try the mask!

I need the peel, and have been looking for a new product like it, for my skin routine. But I would also love the Amika. Maybe I will get lucky and they will throw in the Amika sample as well?

November already? Wow.

I didn't think I was going to make a pick this month, but then I saw that hair mask. Oh man, my hair needs some tlc!

(Side note, I seem to have lost my ModelCo lipstick from last month.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I only got to use it once.)

ETA: Also, I cannot wait for the book club reveal. If it's Mindy Kaling again, I will do my happy dance!

I think I'll let them pick. All those choices seem fine, but nothing stands out. I didn't particularly enjoy the box I got this month when I picked.

Wow November stuff already!  I think I will go with the Soap, not radio unless/if there is a curated box that catches my eye more.  

Latest posts

Back