tacehtpuekam

Birchbox November 2014

So question:  Did some new article come out about animal testing or something? Because it seems like for the last week or so Birchbox's Facebook page has been spammed with comments about how they should stop testing their products on animals (even though Birchbox is more of a distributor...). 

Yes it was called "What annoys me about Birchbox" by Melanie Curtin on Huffington Post. Basically it's just her frustration that BB isn't what she wants it to be, namely 100% cruelty free products in every box.  At the end she tells everyone to demand the change on BB's facebook page.  I like seeing the rabbit logo on products but I am not going to boycot BB.

• Like 8

Finally got a notice late last night that my box shipped on the 6th (it wasn't supposed to ship til the 10th). I didn't PYS but I did get a Plus item, the candle. 

I wish BB would just reveal what boxes we are getting. If people are already getting boxes in the mail, there really is no reason to keep them secret. Just my little rant for the day. :D

• Like 2

Does birchbox ever do anything for your birthday month? I've never had my birthday listed but I thought I read somewhere that they do something extra for your birthday?

I received my box today.  Blahh, definitely underwhelmed.  This was the last box in my annual sub on my primary account.  I'm going to stop getting boxes on this account since my annual is done now.  My secondary month-month account box is always so much better.   I'm excited for the Chuao!  

post-90975-0-28901800-1415384496_thumb.jpg

post-90975-0-67861200-1415384661_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I received my box today.  Blahh, definitely underwhelmed.  This was the last box in my annual sub on my primary account.  I'm going to stop getting boxes on this account since my annual is done now.  My secondary month-month account box is always so much better.   I'm excited for the Chuao!  

I love love love that makeup remover :)

@ Yeah, when I was looking at the box I was thinking how the contents aren't actually bad but just not for me, you know?  Not interested in the juice beauty or shine serum, already have makeup remover I love, ehh more eyeliner (at least it's not black :))  

Funny things are going on with shipping. No clicky truck still on main account, and I never received an email saying box was shipped on my secondary. It is now in Indiana according to Newgistics. Has BB got too much on their plate now?

• Like 1

Are you gonna use the violet eyeliner? I'll trade ya if you don't want it..

Was surprised to see my box today! I didn't pick a sample this time. I love it!

2d8i139.jpg

Oops! It's sideways. Oh Well.

Tocca Florence Perfume

derma e Evenly Radiant Brightening Cleanser

Eyeko Fat Eye Stick

Jouer primer

Camille Beckman hand creme

Vosges Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt Caramel Chocolate

• Like 7

I'm totally underwhelmed as well. I chose the Not Soap Radio Bodywash as my PYS and it seems all of the boxes with that in it were wack. I don't know why I chose that bodywash anyway because I have eczema and can only use very moisturizing, for sensitive skin bodywash, but I guess I heard so many people on here raving about it. Anyway, my box included: 

• Not Soap Radio Bodywash
  • Make Eye Makeup remover
  • Hello Shampoo
  • Hello Conditioner
  • Mirenesse Mascara 24-hour
  • Chuao Firecracker Chocopod

I don't want NONE of this stuff. Thinking back, I wish I would've chosen the Cuppa Cuppa Mask Treatment.

Edited by chocolatesauce2

2d8i139.jpg

Tocca Florence Perfume

Eyeko Fat Eye Stick

Jouer primer

I like your box too! Good for you.

Anyone who lives in NY and is Aces--I just got the following invitation:

ent Details

bbacesinvitefinal11.7.jpg

I am thinking about going. But not sure if it's worth the trek for me to get there from Brooklyn.

2d8i139.jpg

Tocca Florence Perfume

Eyeko Fat Eye Stick

Jouer primer

Whoa, that's a pretty big sample of the Tocca perfume. Isn't that a 0.17 oz rollerball? I didn't pick any samples either, so I hope mine is as good as yours =)

• Like 3

Whoa, that's a pretty big sample of the Tocca perfume. Isn't that a 0.17 oz rollerball? I didn't pick any samples either, so I hope mine is as good as yours =)

I thought it was the roller ball when I first opened it, but it was actually a spray when I opened it. I have one of the roller balls, but I can't find it right now to compare. I think they're the same size though!

• Like 4

Does birchbox ever do anything for your birthday month? I've never had my birthday listed but I thought I read somewhere that they do something extra for your birthday?

Not to my knowledge.  Last month was my birthday and nothing was different.  I think Julep gives you extra Jules, and Ulta and Sephora give you various things (small samples or points or both).

Funny things are going on with shipping. No clicky truck still on main account, and I never received an email saying box was shipped on my secondary. It is now in Indiana according to Newgistics. Has BB got too much on their plate now?

mine is in IN also, do they all go to new jersey? my expected date is 12-13 but geez its been only 2 states over for a couple days now lol i know its too big prolly for usps to directly pick up but they would be so much faster! and i never got an email from BB, just noticed my tracking number on my account lol i hope its worth the wait this month!

FYI, boxes 3, 12, 18, 19, 21, 24, 27, 30, 31, 36, 43, 44, 45, and 46 have the Not Soap, Radio body wash in them.

• Like 1

Oh I really want 43! *crosses fingers* I'd love to try everything in the box (especially the DevaCurl) except the lotion, but I would deal.

Not to my knowledge.  Last month was my birthday and nothing was different.  I think Julep gives you extra Jules, and Ulta and Sephora give you various things (small samples or points or both).

Thanks, I appreciate the answer. It is nice to not always feel like your are invisible on here. ;)

• Like 1

Anyone notice the website changed?  Popsugar changed their website and their world blew up.  Birchbox changed their website and it's barely noticeable.

EDIT: i guess it's only the "BOX" section. I was on there ... 

Edited by mishmish
  • Like 1