tacehtpuekam

Birchbox November 2014

I didn't pick a sample, but I got the Not Soap, Radio bodywash. The rest of the box is okay. Coconut chips (gross) instead of chocolate is a disappointment, and I'm getting my 4th perfume sample since I signed up in July (so at least only 2 more to go for this year, I guess). Even though nothing is super exciting, it's interesting that I got one skincare, one bath, one food, one makeup, one hair, and perfume sample. Good selection, at least.

I had a dream (nightmare?) last night where my box arrived and it only had 4 items and they were all cards.  I think maybe not choosing a sample has given me a smidge of anxiety.

...and now I can't get my box page to load.  (As in, I can't log-in, not that it's still showing October.)  

EDIT - the page finally loaded

It's box 42. https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/november-2015/november-2014-bb42

Nothing has me too excited, but I'm not hating anything either.

I have the same box...buuuuuuuuuuuut I reserved the Amika mask. Um, BB, are you drunk?

But otherwise, I'm pretty happy with this one!

Edited by Dashery
  • Like 1

I didn't pick a sample, but I got the Not Soap, Radio bodywash. The rest of the box is okay. Coconut chips (gross) instead of chocolate is a disappointment, and I'm getting my 4th perfume sample since I signed up in July (so at least only 2 more to go for this year, I guess). Even though nothing is super exciting, it's interesting that I got one skincare, one bath, one food, one makeup, one hair, and perfume sample. Good selection, at least.

The Not Soap Radio is my favorite!!! I hope you like it :) 

• Like 1

Hmmmm I picked the pre done Hacks box and I am only showing I am getting 4 of the 5 items.... it is not showing the Dr. Jart+ Pore Minimalist Mask. 

Anyone else pick this box and get only 4 items showing?

• Like 1

I didn't pick a sample this time, and received box #4. 

-Juice Beauty Peel

-Chuao Choco Pods

-Gilchrist & Soames Body Wash (already received this... boo!)

-TheBalm Cindy Lou-Manizer

-Harvey Prince Petaly Noir

-Eslor Day Cream

It's a mix of items I'm REALLY excited about (Eslor, TheBalm, and Harvey Prince) and items I'm not so excited about (Juice Beauty and G&S). C'est la vie! 

I have the same box...buuuuuuuuuuuut I reserved the Amika mask. Um, BB, are you drunk?

But otherwise, I'm pretty happy with this one!

i have this box too! i'm pumped. i hope i get the taupe eyeko stick

• Like 2

On my annual sub, I'm getting Gilchrist & Soames Spa Therapy Body LotionCynthia Rowley Beauty Creamy Lip StainDang Coconut Chips Coconut Original, theBalm® cosmetics Cindy-Lou Manizer®, and the Cuppa Cuppa mask.

On my other account, I am getting Not Soap, Radio body wash, Jouer Matte Moisture TintMirenesse iCurl Secret Weapon 24 hour mascara, Chuao chocopod, Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream and amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo.

Overall, these seem like prety good boxes!

Edit: I pasted some of the names from BB and can't figure out how to get rid of the links. Sorry!

Edited by lindzebra

Coconut chips (gross) 

If it's because you don't like coconut neither do I but something about these particular coconut chips is really good, I've had this brand before and was shocked I liked them, maybe you will too?

I have that one on one of my subs. I'm happy with it all but the stinkin' G&S, that particular lotion literally stinks to me. I got the curated box (for the candle!) on my other account and the final account is remaining a mystery...for now...until I end up looking.

Edited by sweetharlot
  • Like 1

Their new site is completely and utterly broken on mobile browsers, and please dont tell me to use the app since it's iThing only and I'm an Android user. Is it me or is the new format for looking at boxes terrible? Gaaah, I probably need cheese to pair with my whine this morning. Birchbox is not my friend this morning.

@@rachelshine - that's my box to a T, I had to look at it on my desktop to see the Amika listed, on my phone it doesn't show, nor can I scroll through the pictures to see what was in my box.

Nothing is showing on my Cuppa Cuppa account either and no click truck.  I sent them an email. 

I hope I get Cindy Lou and the Perlier Cream (I loved the almond lotion I got from them in the past)

Hmmmm I picked the pre done Hacks box and I am only showing I am getting 4 of the 5 items.... it is not showing the Dr. Jart+ Pore Minimalist Mask. 

Anyone else pick this box and get only 4 items showing?

Yep...no Dr. Jart to review...so minus ten points...and no chocolate...even though BB said for the new *bonus* items...everyone would get it or none would...well I got no chocolate...and I was cool with that...until I couldn't review all my samples :/  Bad BB...Bad...

• Like 1

My box is out for delivery and my mail is usually here by 11am, so I am going to wait a bit longer and not look at my box online.

I think all of my possible box combinations were fine, so no major disappointment is about to come to me, but there were a few that I really hope I get *crossesfingers*

ETA: just as I submitted this I heard the mail lady pull up to the neighbors!!

Edited by Kelli

ok im hearing some bad things about this g+s lotion, is anything good about it? consistency, smell, anything? lol

I liked it ok. It's not as moisturizing as some brands, but I didn't hate it. I liked the smell...citrusy. It's a little thin. I wouldn't be overjoyed to get it (although I'd say that about any brand of moisturizer probably), but I used it the two times I've gotten it.

• Like 1

Are the folks who picked the curated box not getting a snack? Because it isnt showing up on my box online.  And I was really hoping for some chocolate :)

I also received the boring (to me) box 42.  

I'm hoping for the taupe or charcoal on the pencils since i'm getting a bronze shadow base in my ipsy bag this month. I'm actually pretty stoked to try the tocca florence.  The scent profile is really appealing to me. The hair mask - meh.  It's got too many silicone ingredients for me to take it seriously.  Those just make your hair slick and doesn't actually let your hair absorb the oils, as I understand it, anyway. Plus I'm just not a fekkai fan in general.  

I'm not excited by the supergoop cc cream.  I'm pretty sure I got that in a pick 2 once and it was way too yellow for me. Perlier body butter?  *yawn*  The peanut butter packet can go into one of the kids' lunch boxes, I guess. Another year with no chuao.

This box is just a big fat yawner for me, overall.

post-104681-0-88567100-1415634625_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I thought that the curated box was not going to get the extra  treat of chocolate - didn't they state that when you picked november's stuff?  I could have sworn I read that .

• Like 1

Their new site is completely and utterly broken on mobile browsers, and please dont tell me to use the app since it's iThing only and I'm an Android user. Is it me or is the new format for looking at boxes terrible? Gaaah, I probably need cheese to pair with my whine this morning. Birchbox is not my friend this morning.

@@rachelshine - that's my box to a T, I had to look at it on my desktop to see the Amika listed, on my phone it doesn't show, nor can I scroll through the pictures to see what was in my box.

The new site looks and works great in both Chrome and Safari on ios. Although I prefered seeing all the samples without fliping through, I think the design looks fabulous. My samples still haven't updated to November on neither mobile browser, the app, nor desktop browsers. Interesting to see they still haven't fixed the issues with all links on the site on desktop Chrome, and now it shows less layout graphics than on Firefox.

Ha this is actually my dream box. I love lotion and moisturizer esp in the winter.

I also received the boring (to me) box 42.  

I'm hoping for the taupe or charcoal on the pencils since i'm getting a bronze shadow base in my ipsy bag this month. I'm actually pretty stoked to try the tocca florence.  The scent profile is really appealing to me. The hair mask - meh.  It's got too many silicone ingredients for me to take it seriously.  Those just make your hair slick and doesn't actually let your hair absorb the oils, as I understand it, anyway. Plus I'm just not a fekkai fan in general.  

I'm not excited by the supergoop cc cream.  I'm pretty sure I got that in a pick 2 once and it was way too yellow for me. Perlier body butter?  *yawn*  The peanut butter packet can go into one of the kids' lunch boxes, I guess. Another year with no chuao.

This box is just a big fat yawner for me, overall.

ok im hearing some bad things about this g+s lotion, is anything good about it? consistency, smell, anything? lol

I personally just don't care for it. Feels very generic to me. Like cheap hotel lotion? 

• Like 6

Yep...no Dr. Jart to review...so minus ten points...and no chocolate...even though BB said for the new *bonus* items...everyone would get it or none would...well I got no chocolate...and I was cool with that...until I couldn't review all my samples :/  Bad BB...Bad...

They're still adding stuff to the pages because now my box has a 6th item (the amika mask) suddenly appeared on my box page! 

EDIT: Calling G&S "hotel lotion/soap/etc" is the perfect description. Cheap hotel products because I've definitely stayed in hotels with much better. It's just generic crud. I think the fennel one smells as well.

EDIT #2: The Dr Jart is updated on my curated box account now.

Edited by sweetharlot
  • Like 1

woot! I am pretty happy with my box this month! Yay birchbox! FIrst time in a long time I got 7 items too.

I am not sure which box it is but I got:

-chuao chocolate

-Laura Mercier eyeliner

-Laura Mercier titnted moisturizer (hopefully this will come in fair and not medium which would be wayyyy too dark!)

-theBalm Cindy Lou Luminizer (I got this in another box several months ago)

-derma e evenly Radiant Brightening cleanser

-amika perk up dry shampoo

-camille beckman imperiale gold hand therapy cream

I seem to always get dry shampoos although i don't even use them. The luminizer I already have  but the rest, I am excited to try.

Yay birchbox! Maybe they are going by the profiles better because my number one thing I want is makeup (I already have my skincare and haircare routine that I love and swear by) and I got 3 makeup items this time! yay!

• Like 1