tacehtpuekam

Birchbox November 2014

I'm getting Box 28 on my PYS account:

• Amika Nourishing Mask (so wierd...when I checked this morning, this wasn't listed, but now it is)
  • Derma E Evenly Radiant Brightening Cleanser
  • Cindy Lou Manizer 
  • Harvey Prince Petaly Noir (I've loved all of the HP perfume samples I've gotten, so I expect that I'll like this)
  • Royal Apothic Cuppa Cuppa Mask (my PYS)
  • Vosges Petits Chocolats (I loved the one I got in my secondary box)

Another good box, BB!

EDIT: Calling G&S "hotel lotion/soap/etc" is the perfect description. Cheap hotel products because I've definitely stayed in hotels with much better. It's just generic crud. I think the fennel one smells as well.

I like Bee Kind lotion which is made by G&S, but the spa lotion just smells like cheap soap and made me itch.  I actually discovered Molton Brown at a hotel in London and spent a chunk of my fun money in the Molton Brown store on Oxford Street (and left with an armful of the hotel bottles)  :wub: This is before it started really being distributed in the US.  

• Like 2

No pys, and I'm getting

-LM eyeliner (yay really excited about this)

-not soap radio - hope it's different than the yellow one, I already have that

-G and S lotion (boo)

-Dr lipp balm (never tried, so this is ok)

-Fekkai hair mask (I hate most hair products, not going to use this)

-justin's almond butter (I really wanted the chocolate)

so I've actually tried all the snacks that they're sending out this month and I really wanted the chuao but the justin's will be eaten.

Also I really hate the new box page layout.

Edited by Tamarin

I've had BB for around two years and I've never had a box load before 8/9am EST, even the ones I got a tracking number for before the 10th.

That's really weird.

My first box was 3 years ago this month, Nov '11 (I didn't know that, lol - just looked it up, so happy anniversary to me, lol) and ever since they started doing the preview on the 10th, it's been about 6am EST for most of us.

It used to be 6am ON THE DOT.  But then it started drifting off into the "about 6am" category - I used to be on stand-by for it since I'd normally be up anyway - there were several people who seemed to be night owls or early risers who would always post what they were getting right at time.  I remember one time, it was almost 6:30 before mine updated.

You can look back at the other month's threads and they have time stamps on them.  I wonder why yours wouldn't update around the same time?

Remember when we used to be able to play detective by clicking on the new products to see if we had "write a review" link, because that's how we could narrow down the products we were getting? It was not long after that stopped that the 6am preview started, IIRC.

Then, several months ago, a few people on MUT noticed they didn't get a preview on the 10th (I was one of them) - we were all like "whaat? is the world ending??" lol - but they loaded on the 11th. I just figured those are the last ones to get assigned and/or sent out? Dunno. Anyway, since then, there have been at least a couple people on the boards who have to wait an extra day, it seems like.  

This month, I have one box that did update on time, and one that won't update until (I assume, going by recent history) tomorrow morning.  Or sometime before that, if they're still updating them throughout today.

Now this new website design...that's going to take a while to get used to. I used to get one gift sub and two monthly subs (used points from monthly subs to pay for gift sub, remember when we could get gift cards with points?) - can't find the link to see what's IN the gift sub now.  It only shows "get the box" or sign up for the box, or whatever...no place to click on SEE the box, lol.  I wonder if gift subs will be "surprises" from here on out, of if they're still working on the site? There definitely was a link to see them this morning around 7am EST because I happened to get up and checked.  Then just now when I got online the site is so different I can't find it!

I need more coffee, clearly.

This post is making me nostalgic. I want to go back to the days of where we could sleuth out our products. That was so much fun.

Edited by jkwynn
  • Like 3

My box is full of usable stuff, just nothing exciting, which is fine (plus 6 items to review is always nice!):

-Juice Beauty Peel -my PYS

-G&S lotion

-Coola Tinted Sunscreen

-ModelCo Lipstick (yay for full size lipstick, but not a huge fan of the color)

-Klorane tinted dry shampoo

-Chocopod in Firecracker

I think two of the items are things my SS person will like! So, really, it's overall a win, just not exciting.

I like Bee Kind lotion which is made by G&S, but the spa lotion just smells like cheap soap and made me itch.  I actually discovered Molton Brown at a hotel in London and spent a chunk of my fun money in the Molton Brown store on Oxford Street (and left with an armful of the hotel bottles)  :wub: This is before it started really being distributed in the US.  

Yeah, the Bee Kind is decent..forgot it was them, actually, haha. I'd LOVE a hotel with MB stuff and I would try and wrangle as many bottles as possible!

Hmmm...maybe I'm thinking of the Bee Kind instead of the G&S lotion.

I personally just don't care for it. Feels very generic to me. Like cheap hotel lotion? 

Gilchrist and Soames is literally cheap hotel toiletries. I've had it in hotels, years before it showed up from BB. It's like stuff you use because it's already in your hotel room and it's free, but it seems watered down and you definitely wouldn't want to pay money for it, in my experience.

• Like 2

I think it was only like this for a few minutes but maybe someone else can also benefit:

I only had 4 items in my account with the curated box and then I hit refresh and the Dr Jart had loaded and was called 'Set of 5 Masks, 1 Each of: Pore Minimialist Mask, Black Head Master Patch, All That Lift and Firm Mask, Water Replenishment Mask, and Brightening Infusion Mask' (even though I knew I was only getting the one mask) I reviewed it ASAP (selecting haven't tried sample) since I want to place an order. About 5 minutes later I looked at my box page and see it changed to being called 'Dr. Jart+ Pore Minimalist Mask - 5X' and said 'review sample' so I did and got 10 more points. Long story short: If you reviewed it in that window when it had that super long name, go back and you can review it under the new listing and get an extra 10 points. 

Are the folks who picked the curated box not getting a snack? Because it isnt showing up on my box online.  And I was really hoping for some chocolate :)

I got my curated box Saturday and no chocolate or extra treat in that box. My regular box had chocolate but it was the Firecracker flavor which was a little too hot for my liking.  

My main account where I picked the cuppa is still showing October. I also still have no tracking info. Grr!

My second account, I'm not sure which box number it is, but I'm getting:

Folle de Joie perfume (LOVE, got on my other account, so excited)

Bain de Terre Argan Oil & passion flower Color Therapy Styling Oil (Good price and I color my hair, so will go to use)

Cindy Lou-Manizer (Was intrigued by this, so excited)

Not Soap-Radio Body Wash (I loved the lemon, so excited)

Dang Coconut Chips (Not a huge coconut fan but love snacks haha)

Eslor Firming Cream (Fine cause I'm 26 and starting to take preventative measures against againg)

I wish my first account box would ship so my page will upload!

• Like 1

ugh, I really do not the website redesign! I like that the past boxes were small and I could see all the items at once instead of scrolling, scrolling, scrolling.......

I thought that the curated box was not going to get the extra  treat of chocolate - didn't they state that when you picked november's stuff?  I could have sworn I read that .

I didnt see that at all :(

I have the sads now.  I really wanted the chocolate!

• Like 1

My box is now in Kentucky so it should be to me in the next couple of days. Unless it takes another vaycay to Indiana. 

I'm getting:

-Folle de Joie eau de parfum. (Last time BB sent me perfume I wasn't impressed. Hopefully this is better.)

-Argan Oil & Passion flower color therapy oil. (If it works as an anti-frizz, then it'll be good.)

-Cindy Loumanizer (YAY. This is something I knew I wanted!)

-Not Soap, Radio body wash. (Eh. Hopefully it's not super lemon-y.)

-Coconut chips (Not gonna lie, I wanted chocolate. But this works.)

-Firming collagen day cream. (... Urm.. Okay?)

My box isn't bad. I like it.  

Do you guys see how the Box page is laid out differently now? And the box page links are gone, right?

Sorry, I see this has been mentioned already!

Edited by casey anne

I mentioned the new design a page or two back.  I REALLY HATE IT.

The only thing good for me (and this will end today) is that I see I missed reviewing some items last month. But ya, hot mess for sure.

• Like 1

I have to laugh about Birchbox's shipping system.  My box is being delivered to my office in Nashville, TN.  It shipped from Mt. Juliet, TN on November 5th.  Mt. Juliet, TN is right outside Nashville.  Now my box is in New Jersey.  Sigh.  I hope it's enjoying the little tour of the U.S. that it takes every month before it returns right back to where it started from.  

• Like 6

My Cuppa box also hasn't loaded and no tracking info. When I use Chrome, the BB website gets stuck in a loop trying to load my box, failing, trying to load another page, and failing, and then trying to load my box again...on screen, it's the most annoying blinking flashing thing you've ever seen. I'm just glad I'm not prone to seizures. More surprise, less delight?

ETA: just now received a "Your box has shipped!" e-mail with an estimated delivery of 11/19 and my truck is now clicky. Page is still stuck on October.

Edited by panicked
  • Like 1

edit because love for whoever said to check the app, my box isn't uploaded on the site, but is on the app. I'm getting:

- cocoa pod chocolate

- Devacurl 3 step system sample

- G&S body lotion

- Cindy-Lou manizer

- Not Soap, radio body wash

- cuppa cuppa mask

Score, sweet score! I take back what I said about last months dissappointment birchbox. If this is my box, you totally rocked it this month. I was super crossing my fingers for the Cindy- Lou and I LOVED the radio body wash when I received it in the guest curated bix a few months back. Super super super happy ^^

Place me in the also hate the redesign website box. It may look great but I'm one of those silly people that love consistency. I generally dislike any type of change. My little girl loves to move my apps around and I will go crazy just starring at my iPhone until I figure out which one and move it back in its spot. lol

Edited by SophiaRae

Main account is getting:

Amika Hair mask  (My PYS, I love hair masks!)

Red Flower Illuminating Rose Collagen Renewal Face Serum  (I like serums in general, hoping this one is good)

G&S body wash  (I didn't like their lotion but I usually like all kinds of body wash so this might be good for me)

Perlier Body Butter  (exactly what I need right now, my skin is so dry already this Fall)

theBalm Cindy-Lou Manizer  (Excited to try, I've heard good things)

Justin's Chocolate Almond butter  (Yes please!)

Second account is getting:

Chuao chocolate  (Mmmmm)

Ruffian Naked polish  (The colors in this collection are right up my alley)

Dr. Brandt Pores no more  (Have one of these and haven't tried it yet so withholding judgement)

Amika hair mask  (Yay for dupes of something I really wanted!)

Not soap, radio body wash  (My PYS for this box, excited to try)

MAKE silk lipstick and lip primer set  (Not sure what part of the set I will get.  I am realizing that I am low on lip products after a big purge so happy to try something new)

Overall this is a great month for me!  

Actually, my box is updated on the App! (Can't remember who said that their's was updated on the app, but thanks for that! I never thought to check)

I'm getting:

Chuao ChocoPod

Bain De Terre (Repeat sample in second account)

Klorane Floral Water Make-up remover

Cindy Lou-Manizer (Repeat sample in second account)

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer (excited to try)

Royal Apothic Cuppa Cuppa

I'm pretty happy!

I really wanted to try the Cindy Lou-Manizer and I'm getting two

Also okay with getting the two Bain de terre's as I'm always looking for a good hair product.

The only other thing I was hoping for was the Violet Laura Mercier eye liner. But I guess I'll survive. ;)

Now if only my boxes would ship and show up at some point!!!

• Like 2