tacehtpuekam

Birchbox November 2014

I'm leaning towards the Amika hair mask. I really like the No 4 mask - has anyone used both and can compare?

Not excited about anything in the spoiler, really... I already had the Soap, not Radio Body Wash in one of my boxes and didn't care for it and the rest of the items I don't need because I have sooo much skincare at home :/ oh well, I guess it's going to be a no-pick month for me. And that might be a good thing because my last couple of boxes were underwhelming to say the least.

I was almost afraid to watch the video since I imagine between the referral crowd and the aces, everything will be sold out by the time my email comes. There is nothing I particularly want or feel the need to avoid (like glitter eyeliner). The only thing in the video that interested me was the nail polish the blonde was wearing. 

I'm leaning towards the Amika hair mask. I really like the No 4 mask - has anyone used both and can compare?

I have. I like them both, but I prefer the Amika. It's a little thinner in consistency, but it leaves my hair soft and healthy feeling. I didn't think that the Number 4 mask made as big of a difference.

• Like 3

IF I get to pick a sample this month, I think I want the Royal Apothic, or Juice Beauty peel. 

The bodywash would be my last choice, just because I don't really like anything lemon-y scented. It always reminds me of Lemon Pledge. Bleh. 

Kinda indifferent to the existence of the hair mask. 

For what it's worth, I don't like lemon-y scented stuff either, but I liked Not Soap Radio smell. It's not Pledge king of lemon-y, it smells sweet and slightly fruity to me.

• Like 2

I love the Not Soap Joy inducing body wash, I think it smells like you're taking a bath in a lemon drop martini ;)

• Like 3

None of the items from the video are must-haves for me, and I haven't been thrilled with my PYS boxes lately, so I think I'll leave this one up to fate! I might be tempted by the curated box, but we'll see. I'm actually kind of excited to leave it a total surprise.

• Like 1

I have. I like them both, but I prefer the Amika. It's a little thinner in consistency, but it leaves my hair soft and healthy feeling. I didn't think that the Number 4 mask made as big of a difference.

I've sampled both and purchased the Amika. I color treat my hair every 2 months and take good care of my hair. But this time of year (late September) my hair and skin goes nuts and dries out almost overnight. I use the Amika mask every week until January or later and it makes a big difference.

Edited by IMDawnP

Sooooooo random... I was just on the BB shop doing some casual browsing (weekly occurrence for me) and I saw an orange banner at the top of the screen that said "Thanks for being a subscriber.. we have a present for you" or something along those lines. I clicked on it and it brought me to this page: http://join.birchbox.com/wkeychain/

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-10-18 at 1.44.27 PM.png

I wasn't actually planning on purchasing anything today, and I'm not even 100% sure I want this keychain (wish it didn't say "Birchbox" on it haha), but I thought it was worth mentioning here. Seems like it will ship for free without even purchasing anything? Has this happened to anyone else? Does that link work for everyone else?

Edit: Here is the product page: https://www.birchbox.com/shop/catalog/product/view/id/12705

$15 lol -- also, maybe this is ACE only? Not sure.. item page says it is for "long-time subscribers." Kindof a thoughtful gesture.. I like it.

I got an email about this on my second acount that I've had around two years.. I placed an order for it with a 40% off item. Hmm it's probably in my mailbox, I'll have to look later today. It took the cost off when I checked out. Interestingly Enough, when I first clicked on it from the email, it had linked up in my browser to my main account that I was already logged into and it did not take it off at the checkout (that's when I realized it was for my other account). My first account I've had four years I think and I've recieved the keychain and a makeup bag before, but not an email about this. I didn't get either of those items for my second account.

I won't PYS this month, the items are so-so (except) the Amika mask, which is being sent in the amika kit to me as a sorry for last month's PYS disaster. Also, the BB+ items are yet again too expensive for what they are. I have decided I like my boxes better when they are a surprise. I have done PYS 3 times including last month (when I didn't get the Mally lip gloss) and usually I ONLY like the PYS.

• Like 1

Ooh, that tea tree mask sounds amazing. It better be for that price tag, haha. I think I'll try that one! Seems like a good month for PYS choices. :D

• Like 1

I guess I'm in the minority here - I think all of these samples look great! Now the big decision is whether to pick a sample and risk limiting my options or getting a so-so box or not picking a sample in hopes that one of the four ends up in the box. Hmmmm.

• Like 2

I guess I'm in the minority here - I think all of these samples look great! Now the big decision is whether to pick a sample and risk limiting my options or getting a so-so box or not picking a sample in hopes that one of the four ends up in the box. Hmmmm.

I'm with you! I get three boxes & I'm having a hard time deciding which of the four I want. 

I think I'll probably skip the Amika. I LOVE IT, but I do have several little bottles & two big jars of it. I could probably live without more for a while ;)

I'm with you! I get three boxes & I'm having a hard time deciding which of the four I want. 

I think I'll probably skip the Amika. I LOVE IT, but I do have several little bottles & two big jars of it. I could probably live without more for a while ;)

Haha, this is always my dilemma.  I know I have plenty....but what if I run out someday!?

• Like 2

I really want the tea mask so I hope I manage to see the email before it runs out. I already have a ton of the Amika mask (I love it but I have two jars and a bunch of the sample sizes) and I hated the Juice peel.

Not totally in love with any PYS choices so I will just be surprised for once. I'm excited for the gift guide!! I need 20 more points to have $30...pretty excited I am new to BB and can't wait to get something with the points!

• Like 2

I have both, in full sizes.  I bought the Amika hair mask, along with the shampoo and conditioner, based on all the good reviews here and sadly it does not work for me.  It leaves my thick, coarse hair feeling dry and unclean, and worst of all not soft.  I've passed them on to my husband to use, lol.  The no.4 mask I absolutely adore, it does everything I wanted the Amike to do! 

• Like 1

Sooooooo random... I was just on the BB shop doing some casual browsing (weekly occurrence for me) and I saw an orange banner at the top of the screen that said "Thanks for being a subscriber.. we have a present for you" or something along those lines. I clicked on it and it brought me to this page: http://join.birchbox.com/wkeychain/

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-10-18 at 1.44.27 PM.png

I wasn't actually planning on purchasing anything today, and I'm not even 100% sure I want this keychain (wish it didn't say "Birchbox" on it haha), but I thought it was worth mentioning here. Seems like it will ship for free without even purchasing anything? Has this happened to anyone else? Does that link work for everyone else?

Edit: Here is the product page: https://www.birchbox.com/shop/catalog/product/view/id/12705

$15 lol -- also, maybe this is ACE only? Not sure.. item page says it is for "long-time subscribers." Kindof a thoughtful gesture.. I like it.

I got an email telling me they added this to my cart. All I had to do was checkout. Free keychain and no shipping or out of pocket expense.

I got an email telling me they added this to my cart. All I had to do was checkout. Free keychain and no shipping or out of pocket expense.

yeah, that happened to me too. I didn't buy anything and I still got the keychain for free :)

I'm so torn... haven't done PYS yet, and got good boxes with two of the PYS items in each box so far. I do really want to try the Not Soap, Radio body wash because I adore lemon-scented things, but I'm also up to my ears in body wash already, so do I just let the chips fall where they may again? Argh, decisions.

Edited by sstich79
  • Like 1

The only PYS that I haven't tried is the Royal Apothic Cuppa Cuppa Firming Tea Treatment Mask so I'll probably choose that on one account and leave it as a surprise on the second. Unless there's a curated box that I really like, then I'll probably go for that as my second box.

• Like 1

I'm thinking of not picking this month. I've liked my boxes but when I see what I've missed out on it makes me want to go random again. I've tried 2 of the 4 and have no interest in the body wash so this would be a good month to skip. Heck I picked last month (Model Co) primarily to avoid the curse of the L&B eyeliner and guess what showed up in my box anyway?

• Like 4

I want the Not Soap, Radio shower gel. None of the other samples look that great to me.

I really like that body wash. Alas, I bought a full-sized one already, so I don't see a point to choosing that sample. 

Hoping for a good curated box. :) 

• Like 1