tacehtpuekam

Birchbox November 2014

Everyone keeps talking about their boxes changing and I keep checking mine hoping it WILL change, but it hasn't.

Oh well. It's not terrible, I just have box envy.

• Like 5

ETA: Re: reviews... are we actually having to WRITE a review now to get points? When I click to review my products, it's not bringing up the little survey, just the section where you write a paragraph. Is this new or is the site just being goofy?

I did it the old way yesterday (well, MY old way, not sure what everyone else does).  Go to my box page, click on the product name to get to the main product page, (edited to add) click on "write a review," then fill out everything but the text at the bottom.  I guess the screen I'm looking at is a little different but I'm still using my box page to get to the main product page(s).

Note: I don't have a smartphone or tablet.  I'm doing this on either a desktop PC or a MacBook Pro, depending on whether I'm at work or at home.  Don't know how it might be different for mobile users.

Edited by SneakyBurrito
  • Like 1

I don't like Ruffian polishes. Phew, there. I said it.  I hate the ball that's on top, it feels funny as I try to paint my nails.  And it chips so much easier than any of my other polishes. 

Ruffian has been hit-or-miss for me.  I have had polishes from them that I love and wear well and also polishes that were streaky and clumpy.  I think they have better luck with certain formulations.  I have had good luck with the metallics so far.  Jury is still out on the ball on the lid.  I can't decide if I like it or not.  

• Like 1

My Cuppa box finally updated on the website. How do you figure out which box number you are without an exhaustive search? I'm getting:

Amika mask

Cynthia Rowley lip stain (hope it's in not-valentine and not-sugar!)

G&S body lotion

Cindy Lou-manizer

Dang coconut chips

Cuppa mask

I'm really happy with my box. It was worth the wait. I was desperately hoping that I would get the Cindy Lou-manizer, and the chips were my first choice out of the snack foods. I would be very happy to receive a CR lip stain in a new color. The Amika I'm neutral on, but it will get used. The G&S lotion is a bit of a bummer, because I'm drowning in much nicer lotions, but maybe I'll stash it in the car or something. My last two boxes have been a bit of a let down, but I'm so glad I stuck around!

• Like 1

Mine did the same thing!  Awesome box with the Laura Mercier, Cuppa Cuppa etc...now it's shampoo.  :unsure2: Strange things are afoot at BBHQ

The same thing with me!  I am not happy that the box changed and the new box does not include the Cuppa Cuppa that I reserved!   :angry:

• Like 1

To everyone who has multiple accounts, what do you to do to try and avoid getting duplicate boxes? This is the first month I decided to get a second box and of course, according to the website I am getting box 17 on both of my accounts. It's not a bad box, I was just really looking forward to trying different products.

I don't know about everyone else, but I have two accounts that I've never gotten dupes on. One has a profile filled out, and the other one doesn't. I think the only designation I made on my no-profile account was choosing fragrances only 6 times a year. It's worked well for me so far!

My box is FINALLY loaded on the website and (THANK GOD) it's still showing Box 30.

I feel so bad for all of you experiencing box-switches! I hope it's all a fluke and you get your PYS! BB really needs to get their stuff together. With the holidays approaching, I considered getting my sister a gift sub- but why gift someone something that is going to give them a monthly headache??

ETA: Re: reviews... are we actually having to WRITE a review now to get points? When I click to review my products, it's not bringing up the little survey, just the section where you write a paragraph. Is this new or is the site just being goofy?

I would KILL for box 30.

I just looked at my box page and it is yucky

Dr lipp--Not for me

Dr Brant Pores no more--i might try this

Cindy Lou

Not soap, Radio body wash

Curl keeper gel---which I have had already

Vosges petits chocolates

I would KILL for box 30.

I'm still waiting to see this as a CSI episode.  "The darker side of subscription boxes"   :bringiton:

• Like 15

My worst nightmare has come true.

My box page uploaded and I went from this:

Chuao ChocoPod

Bain De Terre

Klorane Floral Water Make-up remover

Cindy Lou-Manizer

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

Royal Apothic Cuppa Cuppa

To this:

Klorane Floral Water Make-up Remover

Cindy Lou-Manizer

Vosges Chocolate

Eslor Firming Cream

Harvey Prince shampoo and conditioner

What happened to my PYS?!? What happened to my awesome box???

I sent a pretty upset e-mail to them (Which I typically don't do), but I am so mad!!!

I went from having my PYS and a pretty awesome box to having more shampoo and conditioner and NO Cuppa!

I'm so irritated!!!

• Like 1

I'm still waiting to see this as a CSI episode. "The darker side of subscription boxes" :bringiton:

I was thinking the same thing! Because I would kill to have box 30 too! It's PERF! But I got the whackest (farthest from box 30) box ever!

That would be sooo amazing if they did have an eopisode like that! Hahaha

• Like 1

Chuao ChocoPod

Bain De Terre

Cindy Lou-Manizer

To this:

Cindy Lou-Manizer

Vosges Chocolate

Eslor Firming Cream

I sent a pretty upset e-mail to them (Which I typically don't do), but I am so mad!!!

I went from having my PYS and a pretty awesome box to having more shampoo and conditioner and NO Cuppa!

I'm so irritated!!!

I would strongly suggest calling them if you feel comfortable doing so! I emailed them yesterday and didn't get a reply yet but I called them on a whim and they answered within 15 seconds! And they quickly helped with my problem!

Chuao ChocoPod

Bain De Terre

Cindy Lou-Manizer

To this:

Cindy Lou-Manizer

Vosges Chocolate

Eslor Firming Cream

I'm so irritated!!!

same same same!

Huh.  My box is very disappointing for me (perfume, mascara, chocolate -- I'm picky about my chocolate, and the ones they send always disappoint -- and a few other things I don't care about), but it *is* a seven-item box.  And *then* I received an email stating that they accidentally sent a dupe, so here's 100 points.  Still not fond of the box, but, hey, I'll take more points!

• Like 3

Well I got a response back from Birchbox but it is not one that will help any of you.  They are trying to tell me since I did not renew my yearly sub I am not getting a box.  I have the email where I requested and it was done that a BB CSR switched me to monthly, it shows my account as active and I got to PYS.

Guess I am only getting one box this month.

Edited by lovepink
  • Like 1

Bleh, my box didn't change (was hoping it would) and the damn thing is only in Jersey. THIS MONTH WILL TAKE FOREVE. 

Bleh, my box didn't change (was hoping it would) and the damn thing is only in Jersey. THIS MONTH WILL TAKE FOREVE. 

The last two months, my box has come really early.

One box is still in Illinois and the other just shipped yesterday.

I feel like I'll be waiting for my boxes for forever too :-/

Chuao ChocoPod

Bain De Terre

Cindy Lou-Manizer

To this:

Cindy Lou-Manizer

Vosges Chocolate

Eslor Firming Cream

I'm so irritated!!!

me too! me too! :angry:

Jezz. I know we all love to sit around and scratch our heads over the shipping each and every month. I live in MI and my box sometimes takes the world tour to GA, NJ, IN, and then to me in MI. I don't really care because direct or world tour it always takes 4-5 days. However, has anyone seen the new tracking page? My box is estimated to arrive on the 18th! It shipped (And I mean shipped, not created a label) on the 6th. Is Birchbox still holding to their 10 day rule? I'll wait and see what happens.

That being said, Account 1 I got the holiday box (That's the one coming on the 18th.)

Account 2 I got: Dr. Brandt's Pores No More Vacuum Cleaner (Love the stuff!)

Eyeko Fat Eye Sticks,

Not Soap Radio,

Camille Beckman Platinume Gold Imperial Repair Hand Therapy (Can always use hand lotion, but it's always kind of a bore.)

TheBalm Cindy Lou Manzier,

and Justin's Nut butter.

I tried to keep my second account as the account for all curated boxes, but I messed up this month. Oh well, it worked out pretty well. I just figured I spent a year "training" my primary account and was always happy with the products, it just made sense to avoid dupes?

I'm in so much trouble. I just got a second sub lol. Hope hubby doesn't find out. All those points puts me only 90 away from being an ace on my first one. I can't wait to see what else I get.

• Like 1

They certainly are promoting this box, but does this even exist in any of the box combos that we've seen?

post-89647-0-15359700-1415744248.png

Edited by casey anne

My shipping notice came this morning, and updated on the site, but sadly, it's that same shampoo box and not one with my cuppa cuppa sample choice. Last month I had to email to get my box loaded on the site, this month I have to email about not getting my PYS. Judging by other posts it seems to be a widespread issue. If there aren't enough samples, why let us confirm? Why not send an email when they become aware of the problem? Why not actually plan ahead?

• Like 3

Am I the only one that has called Birchbox several times over the past 3 years and has never once, not ONCE, gotten a live person?