Birchbox + Benefit event.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went tonight with a friend.  It was pretty fun and I got some cute things but I don't think I'd do it again.  $48.37 for $35 store credit and a box.  The title was a little misleading I thought.  It said we would get benefit cosmetics + a birchbox giftbox.  They had bags out with birchboxes with1-2 benefit items inside the bags that you could see and were given to people but when I went to pay along with my friend we didn't receive a bag, just the birchbox.  The box had benefit products inside so idk.  My friend was annoyed that we didn't get the bag with the birchbox and extra benefit items.  Title just lead me to believe we'd be getting benefit AND a birchbox maybe I read it wrong.  While the $35 store credit is nice (essentially making the event cost $13.37)  I'd rather have just paid the $13.37.  I'd honestly rather shop on birchbox.com because of the discounts and the fact that I can use my points.  The store employees were all nice as was the person from birchbox, we were mostly left alone except for 2-3 people who were very attentive and kind.  

I would not consider this a Master Makeup Class.  They had us crowded around while 1 person did a sales pitch and demonstrated on 1 of the model's eyes how to use the push up liner then the model did her other eye.  I saw nothing.  No one came around to show us how to use it or do it on ourselves until about 30 min later when the crowd thinned out and I asked someone to show me.  They said that the product is suppose to last and not budge but I came home only to look in the mirror with a horrified expression.  I had bad panda eyes.. the kind you get from a night out drinking and dancing at the club and smoking even though you say you don't smoke but hey! you're dancing and drinking!  it doesn't count!  yeah.......

This is what they gave us.  Not really worth my $13.37 but I drank enough champagne to make up for it.

20141021_230822.jpg

Forgot to add that there was a complimentary brow waxing (which makes the $13.37 worth it if you got it done).  The girl who waxed my brows was very good and I intended to tip her with one of those envelopes they had at the counter but instead was asked by the cashier if you wanted to tip.  I found that a little .. umm.. Idk  a bit just offputting.  I'll tip fi I want to, I don't like being put on the spot for it.  I was going to tip anyways but I just don't like 'that'

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the even sounded awesome...but I live way too far away.  That swag is eh...I got the posie balm in a pick 2 recently and was just not floored.  On the plus side, now you know what you're not missing at the next one!  Thanks for sharing and satisfying this cat's curiosity   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back