Secret Santa NAILS Survey 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is the survey we used last year. I think it worked really well as a general survey to get to know what style/brands people like and do not like. Filling this out is required as it will help your Secret Santa know what to get you and not get you.  :flowers:

You can post your responses here.

• What are your favorite brands?
  • What brand do you have the most of in your collection?
  • What brand do you not want?
  • What brand would you like to try?
  • What colors are your go to colors?
  • What colors do you avoid?
  • Any specialty polishes that you would like?
  • Is there a tool or something other than a polish that you are looking to add to your collection?
  • What is that one polish you have been wanting but just haven't bought so far?
  • How would you describe your style?
  • Would you rather have a bunch of minis or one or two full sized bottles?
  • What are your feelings on prepared/unsealed samples?
  • What kind of extras would make your day?
  • What ONE COLOUR (not brand or product in particular do you use more than any other? (What runs out the quickest?)?
  • You just won a $50 giftcard to Birchbox/Target/or insert your favorite beauty store here....What's the first thing you want to buy???
  • Are you okay with receiving gently used items in your package? (NOTE: these will not count towards the $20 spending total - its just a way to be extra generous and destash, since some ladies have items they only use once and decide they don't like and want to pass on).

Last edited by a moderator:
What are your favorite brands?

Zoya, Finger Paints, OPI

What brand do you have the most of in your collection?

Finger Paints

What brand do you not want?

China Glaze

What brand would you like to try?

KB Shimmer

What colors are your go-to colors?

Orange, Green, Red

What colors do you avoid?

Pink, Yellow, Tan/Taupe

Any specialty polishes that you would like?

Holographic, Color-Changing Topcoats.

Is there a tool or something other than a polish that you are looking to add to your collection?

Dotting Tools

What is that one polish you have been wanting but just haven't bought so far?

Zoya Mosheen

How would you describe your style?

Eccentric

Would you rather have a bunch of mini's or one or two full-sized bottles?

A Bunch of Mini's

What are your feelings on prepared/unsealed samples?

Why Not?

What kind of extras would make your day?

Foils, Nail Art Ribbon, Dotting Tools

What ONE COLOUR (not brand or product in particular do you use more than any other? (What runs out the quickest?)

Orange

You just won a $50 giftcard to Birchbox/Target/or insert your favorite beauty store here....What's the first thing you want to buy???

All the Lipstick!

Are you okay with receiving gently used items in your package? (NOTE: these will not count towards the $20 spending total - its just a way to be extra generous and destash, since some ladies have items they only use once and decide they don't like and want to pass on).

Sure.

• What are your favorite brands? Zoya, China Glaze, Pretty & Polished
• What brand do you have the most of in your collection? China Glaze
• What brand do you not want? Any that make terrible polish
• What brand would you like to try? All the Indies!
• What colors are your go to colors? Blue, purple, green, gray, brown
• What colors do you avoid? Yellow, light pink
• Any specialty polishes that you would like? Not that I can think of
• Is there a tool or something other than a polish that you are looking to add to your collection? I could definitely use cuticle cream/oil.
• What is that one polish you have been wanting but just haven't bought so far? A polish that looks like mint chocolate chip icecream
• How would you describe your style? Eclectic
• Would you rather have a bunch of minis or one or two full sized bottles? Either
• What are your feelings on prepared/unsealed samples? Fine
• What kind of extras would make your day? Uh… anything cuticle care or nail art related.
• What ONE COLOUR (not brand or product in particular do you use more than any other? (What runs out the quickest?)? Probably blue
• You just won a $50 giftcard to Birchbox/Target/or insert your favorite beauty store here....What's the first thing you want to buy??? Nail polish and lipstick

-Are you okay with receiving gently used items in your package? (NOTE: these will not count towards the $20 spending total - its just a way to be extra generous and destash, since some ladies have items they only use once and decide they don't like and want to pass on). Yes

Side Note: I just added a question about whether you're open to receiving gently used items (that WON'T count against the $20 total), i know some ladies have something they used once or twice and decided they didn't like, and its a nice way to pass on extras.

Sinful Colors, Wet 'n Wild, Revlon, any indie brand, OPI, Sephora Formula X

Probably Sinful Colors, but I have a lot of indies, too

None come to mind, I'll try to make anything work

Your favorite indie brand, or drugstore brand

What colors are your go to colors?

Blues, teal, anything funky, glitter

Sheer colors like light pinks, I don't like VNL, so I avoid anything sheer, also corals, I always think they're pretty in the bottle but I never get around to using them

I keep meaning to pick up a black and a white nail striper but I never do

Is there a tool or something other than a polish that you are looking to add to your collection?

I had Julep's cuticle pusher and I loved it but I think it got lost in the move :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also want to try Julep's clean up tool, too, because I suck at clean up

One of the Revlon scented polishes, the teal one I think it is, I've had it in my cart a few times and always put it back, also Orly Sparkling Garbage, with a name like that, you just gotta have it!!

Funky, tropical, not what you'd expect, I have red polishes but only for the purpose of putting glitter on top of it

Would you rather have a bunch of minis or one or two full sized bottles?

A nice mix of both

No, thank you

What kind of extras would make your day? Chocolates, local candies or treats, tea bags, candles, face masks, stickers

What ONE COLOUR (not brand or product in particular do you use more than any other? (What runs out the quickest?)

Blue

You just won a $50 giftcard to Birchbox/Target/or insert your favorite beauty store here....What's the first thing you want to buy???

OPI's Peanuts collection, I've been a Snoopy fan since I was two years old.

Are you okay with receiving gently used items in your package? (NOTE: these will not count towards the $20 spending total - its just a way to be extra generous and destash, since some ladies have items they only use once and decide they don't like and want to pass on)

Yes

Nail Secret Santa

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]What are your favorite brands? [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Nails Inc, Ciate, Butter London, Deborah Lippmann, Zoya, Nars[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]What brand do you have the most of in your collection?[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]Ciate, Nails inc[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]., Julep[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]What brand do you not want? [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Any that you consider not to be good polishes. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]What brand would you like to try?[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] Color Club or Indies[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]What colors are your go to colors?[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Pastels, neutrals, pinks, bold colors, purple and glitter[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]What colors do you avoid? [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Orange[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Any specialty polishes that you would like? [/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]Anything with holographic or color changing polish![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Is there a [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]tool[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] or something other than a polish that you are looking to add to your collection? [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Nail applique fun design stuff[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]What is that one polish you have been wanting but just haven't bought so far? [/SIZE]Urban Decay in Vice  ([SIZE=10.5pt]Friend just gave me hers.) [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Jesse's Girl Sugar Plum Fairy[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] is the other one.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]How would you describe your style? [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Chic[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Would you rather have a bunch of minis or one or two full sized bottles? [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Minis! But always open to full size :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]What are your feelings on prepared/unsealed samples? [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Do not prefer[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]What kind of extras would make your day? [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Fuzzy socks, candles, and treats![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]What ONE COLOUR (not brand or product in particular do you use more than any other? (What runs out the quickest?)? [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Purple[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]You just won a $50 giftcard to Birchbox/Target/or insert your  favorite [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]beauty store[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] here....What's the first thing you want to buy??? [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Nail polish, Lip Tints, skincare stuff or eyeshadow [/SIZE]

-Are you okay with receiving gently used items in your package? (NOTE: these will not count towards the $20 spending total - its just a way to be extra generous and destash, since some ladies have items they only use once and decide they don't like and want to pass on). Yes of course! Open to any gently used items! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

• What are your favorite brands? - Butter London, Essie, China Glaze, Nails Inc., Ciate, Deborah Lippmann

What brand do you have the most of in your collection? - Julep and Zoya
What brand do you not want? - Julep and Zoya because I have so many! hahah
What brand would you like to try? - INDIES!! - a england, kb shimmer, mentality, rainbow honey, picture-polish. Also never tried Formula X by Sephora but love the look of their glitter and specialty polishes.
What colors are your go to colors? - Cremes, pastels, GLITTERS, dark earthy colors, nudes, vampy colors (like reds and oxbloods)
What colors do you avoid? - Neons and Magnetic polish
Any specialty polishes that you would like? - i really love weird glitters, textures, finishes
Is there a tool or something other than a polish that you are looking to add to your collection? - anything related to cuticles or nail art! also love nail stickers.
What is that one polish you have been wanting but just haven't bought so far? - Unicorn by Picture Polish (hint hint, its on Llarowe, but if it is sold out, no worries :])
How would you describe your style? - can range from Classic to Wild and Crazy depending on my mood
Would you rather have a bunch of minis or one or two full sized bottles? - No preference!
What are your feelings on prepared/unsealed samples? - Fine by me!
What kind of extras would make your day? - Anything seasonal, food, or crafts!
What ONE COLOUR (not brand or product in particular do you use more than any other? (What runs out the quickest?) - mint green is my weakness
You just won a $50 giftcard to Birchbox/Target/or insert your favorite beauty store here....What's the first thing you want to buy??? - One of those crazy Diorific nail polishes because I'm a sucker for pretty bottles HAHA. Or OCC Lip Tars because I've been dying to try them forever.
Are you okay with receiving gently used items in your package? (NOTE: these will not count towards the $20 spending total - its just a way to be extra generous and destash, since some ladies have items they only use once and decide they don't like and want to pass on). - Sure!

What are your favorite brands? Zoya and Ciate.

What brand do you have the most of in your collection? Zoya.

What brand do you not want? Avoid any brands that you don't like.

What brand would you like to try? Butter London.

What colors are your go to colors? Blues, reds, greens, and pinks.

What colors do you avoid? Yellows, oranges, browns, and nudes.

Any specialty polishes that you would like? I'd love to try an indie brand with a duo chrome or multi chrome polish.

Is there a tool or something other than a polish that you are looking to add to your collection? Any nail art tools would be great! I've always wanted to try nail art.

What is that one polish you have been wanting but just haven't bought so far? Zoya in Sailor!!

How would you describe your style? Classic and colorful.

Would you rather have a bunch of minis or one or two full sized bottles? I'd be happy with either!

What are your feelings on prepared/unsealed samples? That's fine with me.

What kind of extras would make your day? Anything homemade, or local from your area.

What ONE COLOUR (not brand or product in particular do you use more than any other? (What runs out the quickest?)? Red.

You just won a $50 giftcard to Birchbox/Target/or insert your favorite beauty store here....What's the first thing you want to buy??? Lots of samples/minis of nail polish.

Are you okay with receiving gently used items in your package? (NOTE: these will not count towards the $20 spending total - its just a way to be extra generous and destash, since some ladies have items they only use once and decide they don't like and want to pass on). Yes.

Zoya, Butter London, Nails Inc, OPI proper, Dance Legend, Enchanted Polish

Julep (orz)

Julep except for the ones on my wishlist...because I already bought them. Color Club, Sally Hansen, any polish with bad formula. I'm also not super fond of Essie or China Glaze, but I'm trying to be more open minded about them.

KB Shimmer, CrowsToes, ILNP, Cirque, A England, Colors by Llarowe, Jinsoon, Deborah Lippmann, Morgan Taylor, Nails Inc NailKale line, your favourite indie brand!

Purple (particularly dark purples), Green (particularly grey-green), Reds/Oxblood, Nudes

Blue, Yellow, Orange, Neons, mid-toned pinks that / corals / basically things that don't work well with medium toned skin

I love multichromes and holo-multi chromes! I also very much like scattered holos (e.g. Zoya Aurora or Storm) but not very much linear colors (Color Club holos, ChG OMG collection, etc)

I'd love to get a proper dotting tool! Maybe chevron stripes. But I'm not very into nail art. (I have soooo much hand lotion already, thank you. ;_; I'm a year out from needing to buy more.) And I'm always up for a cool new top coat / base coat!

Dance Legend Roz and KB Shimmer Myth You Lots/Pigment of my Imagination which I've wanted since last year.
On a slightly easier to find scale, recently a good deep cobalt color a la Nails Inc Baker Street / Julep Monaco / KB Shimmer Low & Be Bold / Jinsoon Blue Iris. I strongly dislike blue polishes but I can't stop wanting one (just one). 

Classic and cool

I'd prefer full size polishes, but I don't mind mini sets!

no issue

Tea, candles, bunnies / kitties / obnoxiously cute things, dumb Pokemon things, things from your city (I love postcards!), hand made things, whatever else you want to include!

What ONE COLOUR (not brand or product in particular do you use more than any other? (What runs out the quickest?)?
...purple...

Pragmatic: Skin care that I haven't tried before like Kiehls, Ahava, Amore Pacific. Or a good foundation.
Indulgence: YSL lipstick, Dior polish, Tom Ford lipstick or fragrance

Are you okay with receiving gently used items in your package? (NOTE: these will not count towards the $20 spending total - its just a way to be extra generous and destash, since some ladies have items they only use once and decide they don't like and want to pass on).
no problem!

Other notes:
Um, I didn't see a section on this other than colors so I hope it's okay for me to add since I'm kind of jerk in that I'm super picky ^^;;

It's probably best to avoid most glitter polishes since I'm mostly disinterested in those except maybe BL & DL's full coverage ones. I also don't like the look of any polishes that sort of have particles laying on top of them (e.g. Zoya Bubbly collection). I'm also not into textured polish or nail strips. My favourite finish is creme (boring, I know) followed by multichrome and microshimmer. 

Also, since I asked for multichromes, here is a really useful reference in case you find something that's cheaper ... most of them have the same shifts, but are from different brands, and i'm not super picky about the brand.

Butter London, Zoya, Essie, OPI, A England, Chanel

Julep

Meh. I'm more about the performance than I am about brand.

Indies!

Grey-green, oxblood, nudes, dark jewel-tones, 50 shades of green

Most pinks, oranges, corals, yellows. Basically anything warm toned but I also have well loved exceptions to that, so it's not hard and fast

Thermals. And again, indies!

I've never done nail art but I'd be curious to try since it's probably one of the few endeavors where being ambidextrous might finally pay off (yes!)

Gold flake topcoat like the OPI Man With the Golden Gun/Mariah Carey or Zoya Gilty ones from the 2012 holiday collections.

Recovering punk/goth?

Either is fine

Sure

Whatever your best solution to glitter polish removal is! Also, anything local or handmade

Grey-green

Probably that ridiculous but enticing Louboutins polish that Sephora just started carrying.

Oh sure. Give me all the pretty! I promise it will be well-loved.

Mass market: Zoya, butter London, essie, OPI, China Glaze
Indie: Rainbow Honey, a-England
Zoya
I don't really have strong feelings against any brand as long as it's a good formula.
KB Shimmer or Picture Polish
Blue, neutrals, red/oxblood
Yellow, green (dark greens are ok)
Holographic
Nail decals/stickers would be neat. Cuticle oil is also fantastic.
Zoya Oswin. I'm just waiting for a good BOGO.
Fairly sedate. I wear a lot of neutrals and autumn colors and I like subtle embellishments on my nails.
Either would be great.
I'm okay with that.
Any kind of extras would great! Orange sticks, sturdy files, nail art supplies (other than brushes), polish remover pads. Non-nail stuff would be anything with penguins or poodles on it.
What ONE COLOUR (not brand or product in particular do you use more than any other? (What runs out the quickest?)?
I have so many that nothing runs out, but probably lilac.
Too Faced Everything Nice palette. It's on my Christmas list, but I know my family will just ignore it. They think I have enough makeup, haha!
Are you okay with receiving gently used items in your package?
Yes, I'd be okay with that.

• What are your favorite brands? Zoya, Nails Inc, Julep
  • What brand do you have the most of in your collection? OPI, Essie, Julep

What brand do you not want? Essie (too many already!)
What brand would you like to try? Formula X, Deborah Lippman, any indie brands. 
What colors are your go to colors? Pastels, pinks, golds, shimmer/glitters
What colors do you avoid? Neons, really dark colors, greens
Any specialty polishes that you would like? Nothing specific, but I'd love to try some specialty polishes. I haven't really tried anything yet. 
Is there a tool or something other than a polish that you are looking to add to your collection? I don't have any nail tools besides one of those 4 sided file/buff/polish blocks from Sephora...so anything would probably be new to me
What is that one polish you have been wanting but just haven't bought so far? New PixieDusts from Zoya
How would you describe your style? Conservative and neutral for work, glitter bomb for weekends!
Would you rather have a bunch of minis or one or two full sized bottles? No preference
What are your feelings on prepared/unsealed samples? Totally fine
What kind of extras would make your day? Stationery items! Or any home goods. Sweets?
What ONE COLOUR (not brand or product in particular do you use more than any other? (What runs out the quickest?)? Pale pink shimmer
You just won a $50 giftcard to Birchbox/Target/or insert your favorite beauty store here....What's the first thing you want to buy??? Probably something I'll actually use like Benetint or GlamGlow masks...but maybe (just maybe!) one of those crazy Louboutin polishes?
Are you okay with receiving gently used items in your package? (NOTE: these will not count towards the $20 spending total - its just a way to be extra generous and destash, since some ladies have items they only use once and decide they don't like and want to pass on). Yes!

• What are your favorite brands? Sephora X, DL, Essie, Julep, indies, Color Club.
  • What brand do you have the most of in your collection? Julep definitely (been a subscriber for 2 years)

What brand do you not want? Ulta, Sally Hansen (I don't like the bottles), Butter London (never tried one, I just don't like the huge bottles).
What brand would you like to try? Sephora X (only have like 3), indies, NCLA, OCC, ILNP
What colors are your go to colors? Pink, coral, purple, gold, silver, white, nude
What colors do you avoid? black, blue, green (unless pastel), matte finishes
Any specialty polishes that you would like? pretty much any except crackle/magnetic. I like glitters, textured, glow in the dark, anything really!
Is there a tool or something other than a polish that you are looking to add to your collection? I am dying to try some shaped decals!  I love anything fun and jazzy.
What is that one polish you have been wanting but just haven't bought so far? Oh gosh, a lot really! CG flip flop fantasy has been on my wishlist forever, and Sephora X's ever since they came out!
How would you describe your style? Definitely the sparklier and shinier the better!  Pretty, glam, girly, sassy. 
Would you rather have a bunch of minis or one or two full sized bottles? No preference!
What are your feelings on prepared/unsealed samples? sure!
What kind of extras would make your day? umm fun socks? treats? Anything pampering, festive or fun!
What ONE COLOUR (not brand or product in particular do you use more than any other? (What runs out the quickest?)? Coral, it's just so flattering and works all year :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You just won a $50 giftcard to Birchbox/Target/or insert your favorite beauty store here....What's the first thing you want to buy??? something fancy and completely unnecessary! Like decorated containers or something.  And obviously some nail polish :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And one of those tiny beauty blenders!  
Are you okay with receiving gently used items in your package? (NOTE: these will not count towards the $20 spending total - its just a way to be extra generous and destash, since some ladies have items they only use once and decide they don't like and want to pass on). I do not mind receiving a previously loved item as long it's sanitary (like, no eye makeup etc.).  But polish - heck yes!

I love Zoya, Dior and A England

Zoya and Julep

Please no Julep

Chanel, Arcane

What colors a.re your go to colors?

Dark metallic but with rich sheen

Dull colors

New gel polish without the lights

Hand moisturizer

Christian Louboutin-any color, Chanel Taboo or coromandel

Classic with an edge

Doesn't matter but I buy full size

Sure

Soft socks, slippers size 8, scarfs,etc

White- use as base coat

You just won a $50 giftcard to Birchbox/Target/or insert your favorite

beauty store here....What's the first thing you want to buy???

Moisturizer from L'occitane or would most likely buy a shirt/blouse

Are you okay with receiving gently used items in your package? (NOTE: these will not count towards the $20 spending total - its just a way to be extra generous and destash, since some ladies have items they only use once and decide they don't like and want to pass

Sure

My favorite brand is EASILY Zoya. I have like, 80 or more polishes by them, but I've also REALLY been getting into indie brands. I'd love to get to explore those more.
Zoya
I don't specifically have one brand I wouldn't want. I just like them to be good brands :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Anything indie
White, darks, and extremely colorful, bright, neon colors
pinks, some reds (but some are really nice), and blues
Not in particular
I love nail decals (vinyls) and stamping necessities. That would be sweet! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Um..I can't think of anything in particular. There are brands like Chanel and YSL and other expensive brands that I just can't bring myself to buy. But I don't necessarily need them :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Bright, bold, loud, fun, colorful.
Either would be awesome.
Sounds fine to me.
I'm really not picky and I genuinely am all about "it's the thought that counts" I would love anything. Really!
There is not one color. I often use multiple colors together. I'd have to say, white, black, greens, and yellows.
I don't have anything particular on my list right now. I would probably go through the store, put stuff in my cart, and then eliminate based on my $50 budget and what I want most :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Are you okay with receiving gently used items in your package?
Yeah, that would be fine.

• What are your favorite brands? - I've fallen into the indie hole and find myself purchasing more and more indies. Mainstream brands Ilike are China Glaze and Zoya. I have too many indies that I like. Indie brands include Stardust, Enchanted Polish, Rainbow Honey, Liquid Sky Lacquer, Polish Me Silly, Colors by Llarowe, Picture Polish, A England, KBShimmer.
  • What brand do you have the most of in your collection? - At this point, it's definitely indies. Stardust Polish is one of my favorite indie brands and I know I have a lot of her polishes,I should count how many at some point. Rainbow Honey is another I have a lot of polishes of.
  • What brand do you not want? Essie, Julep, no magnetic finishes or crackle polishes.
  • What brand would you like to try? Azature, but this is a dreamlist brand to try.
  • What colors are your go to colors? Purples, greens, blues, dark colors in general. Cream finishes, metallics, duochromes, multichromes, and holos.
  • What colors do you avoid? Pink, yellow, oranges and nudes. I'm particular on these colors and rarely wear them. I'm leaning away from chunky glitterbombs as well.
  • Any specialty polishes that you would like? I'm a sucker for holos and multichromes.
  • Is there a tool or something other than a polish that you are looking to add to your collection? I've recently started stamping, any stamping tools would be greatly appreciated.
  • What is that one polish you have been wanting but just haven't bought so far? That fancy Louboutin red. I can't justify spending that much money on one bottle of polish though.
  • How would you describe your style? I love bright and rich, jewel toned colors
  • Would you rather have a bunch of minis or one or two full sized bottles? Minis are a great way to try new brands, either minis or full sized are okay with me.
  • What are your feelings on prepared/unsealed samples? As long as they're clearly marked, sure.
  • What kind of extras would make your day?  Tools, stamping plates, chocolate, coffee.
  • What ONE COLOUR (not brand or product in particular do you use more than any other? (What runs out the quickest?) Definitely purple.
  • You just won a $50 giftcard to Birchbox/Target/or insert your favorite beauty store here....What's the first thing you want to buy??? Something I haven't tried yet, but I'd probably end up being practical and buying more supplies instead.
  • Are you okay with receiving gently used items in your package? (NOTE: these will not count towards the $20 spending total - its just a way to be extra generous and destash, since some ladies have items they only use once and decide they don't like and want to pass on). As long as its polish, I'm okay with this!
Additional note to whoever my Santa is. Please send me a fairy message when you ship out the box so that I can be on the lookout to pick it up. Thank you!!!

• Zoya, OPI, butter london, deborah lippman, whimsical ideas by pam

• Mainstream - Zoya, Indies - Hit Polish

• I don't really care for essie polishes.

• Your favorites!  None in particular.  Anything goes  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
What colors are your go to colors?

• I love greens and blues.  As far as finishes go, I really like metallics.  I like creams and glitter polishes as well.  Oh and duochromes. 

• Reds, very dark vampy colors - this could be any color thats dark - purple, blue, brown.  I also don't like holo polishes very much.  
Any specialty polishes that you would like?

• I like glitter topcoats and circle glitter :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

• Meh.  I'm pretty basic with doing my nails and don't get very creative with it. 

• zoya dillon

• Simple

• I'm indifferent!

• Im okay with this as long as it's labeled  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

• A small hand scrub or candy.
What ONE COLOUR (not brand or product in particular do you use more than any other? (What runs out the quickest?)?

• Light blue

• Completely unrelated to polish but I'm dying to get my hands on the regular Guerlain Meteorites after falling in love with the holiday ones.
Are you okay with receiving gently used items in your package? (NOTE: these will notcount towards the $20 spending total - its just a way to be extra generous and destash, since some ladies have items they only use once and decide they don't like and want to pass on).

• Absolutely.  I don't mind polish that's been used at all.

• What are your favorite brands? Formula X, Zoya, Deborah Lippman, OPI, Rainbow Honey, Ciate.
  • What brand do you have the most of in your collection? Julep and Rainbow Honey.
  • What brand do you not want? Any brands you don't like! And preferably no Julep, I have way too many from them and would like to branch out. 
  • What brand would you like to try? I'd love to try Butter London, A England, Fandom Cosmetics, any of the indies!
  • What colors are your go to colors? All the blues! And I love anything sparkly and color shifts.
  • What colors do you avoid? Not really specific colors, more just matte finishes.
  • Any specialty polishes that you would like? I'd love any except magnetic/crackle. Multichrome or spectraflair would be awesome.
  • Is there a tool or something other than a polish that you are looking to add to your collection? If there's something you love, I'd be happy to try it!
  • What is that one polish you have been wanting but just haven't bought so far? I have a bunch on my elfster nails and Birchbox lists. I pretty much want everything in Sephora and on Etsy so I should be easy to make happy. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
  • How would you describe your style? Girly, as much shimmer as possible.
  • Would you rather have a bunch of minis or one or two full sized bottles? I'd be happy with either.
  • What are your feelings on prepared/unsealed samples? Sure.
  • What kind of extras would make your day? Whatever you'd like to give me! I'm pretty easy to please. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
  • What ONE COLOUR (not brand or product in particular do you use more than any other? (What runs out the quickest?)? Blue... I seem to be on a neverending quest for all the blue nail polish.
  • You just won a $50 giftcard to Birchbox/Target/or insert your favorite beauty store here....What's the first thing you want to buy??? Something I wouldn't normally justify spending the money on. I love using my Birchbox points on things I'd never normally buy, like Deborah Lippman nail polish or beautyblenders or random home stuff.
  • Are you okay with receiving gently used items in your package? (NOTE: these will notcount towards the $20 spending total - its just a way to be extra generous and destash, since some ladies have items they only use once and decide they don't like and want to pass on). Sure! That's what I'm hoping to do too. I have a lot I never use, :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

• What are your favorite brands? — a-england, Rainbow Honey (I’m a Mystery Bag subscriber), Zoya, OPI, China Glaze, Espionage Cosmetics (they do wraps, not polish, but wraps are still awesome things for nails!).  I’m slooooooowly branching out into indies.  Their absence on this list is only a reflection of my budget, not any lack of interest!
  • What brand do you have the most of in your collection? — Julep, not because I’m a fan but because I’ve had a subscription since literally Day One and used to *need* a box every month.  I haven’t gotten a box in months, though.  Or maybe SquareHue since I’ve been a subscriber since the first box and haven’t skipped one.
  • What brand do you not want? — I can’t think of one!  If it’s an interesting color, I don’t really care what the brand is.  
  • What brand would you like to try? — ILoveNP
  • What colors are your go to colors? — Blue, green, purple, silver.  I’m an aging grunge scenester.  And I love duochromes and multichromes!  
  • What colors do you avoid? — Pink, red, peach, orange, coral, nudes, neutrals.  Basically, classic office-appropriate colors.  And cream finishes.  I have a fees I like, but for the most part, I find them BORING.  I work in an office, but I don’t like my nails to reflect this fact.  Also anything sheer.  No VNL for me!  And textured polish.  I prefer a smooth nail surface.
  • Any specialty polishes that you would like? — An awesome multichrome impossible to photograph.  I can’t decide on one specific shade to list here!  I love weird colors and finishes.
  • Is there a tool or something other than a polish that you are looking to add to your collection? — A cuticle pusher with a soft (rubber?) tip.
  • What is that one polish you have been wanting but just haven't bought so far? — Geek Chic Cosmetics Black Lodge.  I actually thought I had ordered it a month ago.  I was really surprised when I opened the box and realized I had ordered One-Eyed Jack’s instead!
  • How would you describe your style? — Punky funky goth hippie.  At least that’s my nail style.
  • Would you rather have a bunch of minis or one or two full sized bottles? — Minis are great!
  • What are your feelings on prepared/unsealed samples? — No, thanks.
  • What kind of extras would make your day? — Hand/nail-related:  Hand cream.  My hands are dry year-round, and they get really bad during the winter.  Non-hand/nail-related:  Something for my kitties or relevant to my fannish interests!  (Then again, the kitties will probably be more interested in the box than anything intended for them.)
  • What ONE COLOUR (not brand or product in particular do you use more than any other? (What runs out the quickest?)? — Uh…  I have yet to use up a bottle of anything other than topcoat.
  • You just won a $50 giftcard to Birchbox/Target/or insert your favorite beauty store here....What's the first thing you want to buy??? — Ugh, I have SO MANY PROBLEMS deciding what to buy in pretty much all situation.  I’ll pretend this is a gift card to be spent at just one etailer, and I’ll get Hello Waffle’s Alternate Universe collection.  Or Darling Girl Cosmetics’ My Three Witches collection (I’ve been rewatching _Charmed_ lately!).  Or Literary Lacquer Megatron (that book made me wish *my* nickname was Meg!  Years later, I would get my wish!).  Did I mention my inability to choose?
  • Are you okay with receiving gently used items in your package? (NOTE: these will not count towards the $20 spending total - its just a way to be extra generous and destash, since some ladies have items they only use once and decide they don't like and want to pass on). — Sure!

• What are your favorite brands?   China Glaze, Llarowe, Sephora Fomula X, Essie
  • What brand do you have the most of in your collection? Probably OPI

What brand do you not want?  Cant' think of one...I am open to anything!
What brand would you like to try?  Color Club, Julie G, More indies-specifically Dance Legend,  KB Shimmer, Cupcake, Glisten and Glow
What colors are your go to colors? HOLO POLISH. I am OBSESSED. Also, glitter.
What colors do you avoid? Brown, super metallic finishes (ie: OPI Push and Shove) because as pretty as they are, my nails are a bit ridge-y and they look a mess. I'm not a SUPER fan of textured polish, but I LOVE the Julie G textured ones I got in summerswap so don't worry too much about that. 
Any specialty polishes that you would like? ANYTHING holo/spectraflair. ANY CG neon polishes.
Is there a tool or something other than a polish that you are looking to add to your collection?  Your favorite cuticle butter/oil!! My cuticles are ratchet (my hands are extremely, extremely dry and I pick at them. It's nasty) Im always on the hunt for an HG base coat as well.
What is that one polish you have been wanting but just haven't bought so far? Llarow Blonde Ambition or Gemini Rising (#teamgemini). On a more boring note---HK Girl Topcoat
How would you describe your style? For my nails? Flamboyant. I'm rarely without some sort of sparkle on my nails.
Would you rather have a bunch of minis or one or two full sized bottles? Whatever is easier and better for my lovely santa to get! 
What are your feelings on prepared/unsealed samples? A nail polish sample might be kind of weird...I am fine with samples of lotion/oil etc.
What kind of extras would make your day? Cuticle products, hand cream, pointed end q-tips from Ulta (loooooveee these for cleanup)
What ONE COLOUR (not brand or product in particular do you use more than any other? (What runs out the quickest?)? Glitter
You just won a $50 giftcard to Birchbox/Target/or insert your favorite beauty store here....What's the first thing you want to buy??? ALL THE HOLO POLISH!
Are you okay with receiving gently used items in your package? (NOTE: these will not count towards the $20 spending total - its just a way to be extra generous and destash, since some ladies have items they only use once and decide they don't like and want to pass on). Not something that can't be sanitized (aka eyeliner or something) but I am 100% fine with taking nail color that didn't work for you off your hands! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back