What is this things all over my face (esp nose) and how to get rid of them?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I rarely get acnes but my skin is still not flawless because of this little bumps taking place on my face (esp nose). It becomes very visible under the light.  It does not hurt at all and i cant seem to get them out. What is this and how can i get rid of them?

6a0fed2a-abb4-46c3-9244-50a39af2a4f4.jpg
6b055fb0-32cb-4e30-a95b-228b8d1e3e8c.jpg

a0f7bcff-8c70-46f2-a495-8f12c56dc109.jpg

It is so embarassing having these :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Do you use a facial scrub? If not I recommend getting one and using it 2-3 times a week.

It could be something as simple and common as acne or complicated like rosacea. It is a skin condition that can affect most women and some men in their late 30s but it is not uncommon to see even teens suffering from the condition. Redness of the skin, especially around the nose, is a common symptom. Unfortunately, there is no cure for rosacea but the symptoms can be controlled. Visit a dermatologist.

It looks like a skin reaction. Is there a certain product you use here that since using you've noticed these bumps? Are they just under the skin and not coming through , or do you find one or two rises to the surface and then fills with puss? If it's the latter I suggest upping your skincare regime and taking on not only an exfoliator specified for your skin type but also a scrub version like a deep pore version ,double exfoliate if you're not seeing any difference ,I would then make an app to visit your derma and see if it's a health issue. 

I rarely get acnes but my skin is still not flawless because of this little bumps taking place on my face (esp nose). It becomes very visible under the light.  It does not hurt at all and i cant seem to get them out. What is this and how can i get rid of them?

6a0fed2a-abb4-46c3-9244-50a39af2a4f4.jpg
6b055fb0-32cb-4e30-a95b-228b8d1e3e8c.jpg

a0f7bcff-8c70-46f2-a495-8f12c56dc109.jpg

It is so embarassing having these :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
These are grease granular. This is because of the skin's absorption is not good.

Hi, Allice!

It's hard to tell from the picture, but they may be milia (a keratin-filled cyst, which can be treated by a dermatologist) or sebaceous filaments (which are often mistaken for blackheads, but are a natural part of skin doing what skin is supposed to do and cannot be eliminated).

If it's milia, this may be due to something in your skincare routine:  did you add or change anything around about the time the bumps first showed up?  That may be the culprit.

Do you exfoliate?  If you don't, or you're not satisfied with your current exfoliation routine, here's a good blog article to start reading about the nitty-gritty:  http://blog.skincare-addiction.com/to-scrub-or-not-to-scrub-physical-vs-chemical-exfoliation/ 

Soapbox time:  

No-one will ever have naturally flawless smooth 'airbrushed' skin.  The only way skin gets that way is via extreme intervention, be it a layer of makeup or Photoshop.  All those 'perfect' faces you see in the media have been heavily retouched to sell you something. Please don't beat yourself up if you don't measure up to what you see in magazines.  Even the people you see in magazines don't look like that 'naturally'.

I have the same sort of bumps. Try exfoliating with a facial cleansing brsuh, I find that it somewhat helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing a facial scrub and a hot shower can't mitigate. 

I wouldn't even worry about it. They're so subtle and almost everyone I know has them. 

Back