Testtube for Nov

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd cancelled and just got an e-mail saying there was a problem with my account  LOL  It offered a pretty quick way to get things sorted and my tube shipped as well. Nice try! I am half tempted to rejoin...... I'm so weak!

I cancelled a few months ago due to the many repeats we kept getting and drugstore stuff.  I'm looking forward to seeing what's in November to see if they've changed at all.  This used to be my #1 fave sub.

I can not find any spoilers - can you guys? I forgot to cancel... so I have a tube coming.. Mine should be here on Thursday.  If you guys get yours before I do - will you post what you received? I don't like surprises.. lol.

Finally received my tracking number.  It was picked up yesterday.  Estimated arrival is Friday.  Hmph.  I hope it's amazing.

Mine arrived today. I am impressed with the quicker shipping and receiving time however not sure what to really make of the tube itself. I am unable to do spoilers (no matter how hard I try, I always mess it up) so I will say that there are 8 items. I'm pretty sure that at least 4 of those items  :angry:  are repeats from past tubes. The other 4 are okay :huh:  , I'm not jumping up and down with excitement over them but they're okay......  :soap:  I am SO at odds over this sub.  :bringiton:  I had every intention of canceling  but forgot to...... it's just so much money for repeats and just okay items but then I'm always afraid that the next one will be the "tube of all tubes"!!! :luv:

@@beach16sm was there the separate zip bag this time?
Nope :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but remember that past surveys from their members indicated that we didn't want the extra samples included...... yeah right? Well, I know that i didn't say that and I'm about 96% positive that no one from this forum would have said something like that either so I'd love to know who this group of members were  :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am so happy I dropped this subscription. I just read what is in it, and if I had gotten it, it would be the THIRD time they sent the same damn candle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's what's in it if anyone is interested: 

- Votivo Candle Tin (received two other times)

- Frizz Ease Straight Fixation Smoothing Creme (received this earlier in the year)

- Chi Silk Infusion (received earlier this year)

- Klorane Make-Up Remover Wipes 

- Revision Skincare Intellishade Broad Spectrum SPF 45

- Dermalogica Precleanse (received before)

- Donell Lip Saver SPF 15

- Mally Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner in Ice Blue (received before in same color)

I am so happy I dropped this subscription. I just read what is in it, and if I had gotten it, it would be the THIRD time they sent the same damn candle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's what's in it if anyone is interested: 

- Votivo Candle Tin (received two other times)

- Frizz Ease Straight Fixation Smoothing Creme (received this earlier in the year)

- Chi Silk Infusion (received earlier this year)

- Klorane Make-Up Remover Wipes 

- Revision Skincare Intellishade Broad Spectrum SPF 45

- Dermalogica Precleanse (received before)

- Donell Lip Saver SPF 15

- Mally Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner in Ice Blue (received before in same color)
LOL! I'm SO darn over that candle by now, not to mention the tubes of Frizz Ease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. that is terrible.  I feel like I flushed $39 ( or whatever it is) down the toilet.  I am so done with the test tubes.. Thanks for the run down, jackieee.

I just read somewhere that the New Beauty Test Tube was only supposed to be subscribed to for a year.  Which still doesnt mean that they should be using the same products over and over!  I mean, if it really is a year long sub (and yes, i know that there are some that work like that but still!) then they need to make that clear.  but they also shouldnt be sending out product people *just* got and who wants things from last year that have been hanging around a warehouse in some godforsaken place!?

I mean, I haven't been subscribed for a year yet (and I havent gotten my tube) but if it's the same as whats quoted above then that will be four things I've already received!

I just read somewhere that the New Beauty Test Tube was only supposed to be subscribed to for a year.  Which still doesnt mean that they should be using the same products over and over!  I mean, if it really is a year long sub (and yes, i know that there are some that work like that but still!) then they need to make that clear.  but they also shouldnt be sending out product people *just* got and who wants things from last year that have been hanging around a warehouse in some godforsaken place!?

I mean, I haven't been subscribed for a year yet (and I havent gotten my tube) but if it's the same as whats quoted above then that will be four things I've already received!
I've been with the New Beauty Test Tube for about a year and a half now but haven't gotten any notice about a sub running out however, your comment makes me very curious because I also signed up for the QVC test tube in autoship at the beginning of this year and thought it was odd that just last week I received an email from them stating that my subscription was over. I wasn't sure what to make of the email but thought it had something to do with me having to skip the most recent tube that has been sent out.  

My candle was Red Currant and my eyeliner was Sailor (gorgeous deep blue, but it's a stretch w/ my brown/green eyes and cool coloring).

I received a Mally liner in a previous tube, but it was a turquoise'ish color.  So far neither one works with my coloring.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was really hoping Nov would be great since Sept was disappointing.  I still haven't touched that kit.  Some day, I suppose.

Off to cancel.  I know I sound like everyone else, but for my 38 bucks I'd rather buy something that has a good chance of working, instead of a shot in the dark.

Three strikes, I'm out NBTT.

Okay, I got my tube and it is the same as others have described.  I received the Icy Pine candle and an Icy Blue Eyeliner.  I was incorrect about how many repeats there would be for me.  There was only one and that was the Intellishade. (which I actually really liked so i'm glad to have more)

I'm having a hard time justifying this sub.  the beginning was amazing with the It Cosmetics brush but...  

It's not that I wont use these things.  This box actually turned out incredibly useful.  the only thing that I wont use is the eyeliner but everything else is good, but not exciting and in reality, not what I'm expecting from a New Beauty Test Tube which states that we will receive the latest and greatest beauty products.  And while I like everything, it is absolutely NOT worth a $39 price tag!  Not even $29!  You can get better, more fun things from Blush and for cheaper!

And I really miss the To Go bag!!

I actually didn't mind this tube but it was a referral tube so I only paid shipping. I will definitely be canceling. I don't know what's going on but these sub boxes are all going downhill it seems!

Latest posts

Back