JC327

Starlooks November 2014 (SPOILERS)

Wondering what we will be getting this month, any ideas?

I would love an eye primer, matte lipstick and I always want a brush.

It seems like it's been ages since we received a lipstick, so maybe it's time!  Or lipgloss.  Or, wait, didn't they have a lip paint that was sent out to new subscribers and promoted as something coming soon?  There's such a focus on lips that it will be weird if *some* sort of lip color (and not a liner!) doesn't happen.  And an eye brush.  It's been even longer since we've received a brush.  Preferably a blending brush.

And, uh, there's a new Starlooks Rewards plan listed on the site.  Not *nearly* as awesome as I remember.  It's been a while since I used it, though.

How do I earn starpoints?

Earn 1 starpoint for every $1 spent! Rewards are issued as coupons.

Reward Starpoints 5% Off 25 10% Off 50 15% Off 75 20% Off 100 50% Off 250

Ooh, how pretty! I have a feeling there will be purple involved. If there's purple, I pray to the sub box gods that it's not an eyeshadow. I do NOT care for purple eyeshadow. Or blue. Hoping that if there's purple, it can go on my lips!

• Like 1

It's looksbooks like this one that really makes me miss my Starbox! My last one I got was in July!  I hope you guys get that awesome lip product(s)!

Everybody get the email about the rewards? Make sure to check your points, mine were wrong, but it took a quick email to them and they fixed it.

Quite honestly, I'm not a huge fan of it. More than likely, I'll unsub in January. I want the big December palette :)

• Like 1

I still have last year's palette sitting unswatched.  Actually, I think most of the stuff from the past few months has gone untouched.  I've fallen SO HARD for the Hello Waffle Visage box (and Notoriously Morbid's Vanishing Cabinet and innocent+twisted alchemy's sub bag) that if I wasn't on an annual sub here, I would cancel.  This was a good sub when I signed up for where I was in my makeup evolution, but I'm not there any more, so it's really time for me to let go and move on.  Too bad I still have, like, five months to go on it.

I really enjoy Starlooks and I am fine with their rewards program as it seems easy now to track my activity.   I happen to like different types of makeup, so I don't expect of giving up my sub with Starlooks anytime soon AND I still purchase other types of makeup.

I still have last year's palette sitting unswatched. Actually, I think most of the stuff from the past few months has gone untouched. I've fallen SO HARD for the Hello Waffle Visage box (and Notoriously Morbid's Vanishing Cabinet and innocent+twisted alchemy's sub bag) that if I wasn't on an annual sub here, I would cancel. This was a good sub when I signed up for where I was in my makeup evolution, but I'm not there any more, so it's really time for me to let go and move on. Too bad I still have, like, five months to go on it.

FYI, if you do swatch the palette, don't use your fingers with the matte shades-use a brush, swirl the top layer off and you'll have a great color payout.

Got my shopping notification. <3

Also, I have 500 rewards points because I subbed in the middle of the revamp and my birthday was this month! Going to go through the old boxes and see if there is anything I might want to get. Or maybe I'll just get the blush palette that I missed out on two months back. Did you guys like your blush palettes? I was a little jealous I missed it, they look so pretty.

@@pokeballssohard I have two blush palettes with starlooks - the 3B1 & 3B2 (which was the one from a few months ago) I love both of them - I use the 3B1 for spring/summer as it is a brighter (not neon, just more rosey) palette and the 3B2 is more of a fall/winter to me - as is deeper plums and mauves.

• Like 1

I use the blush palette they sent out a few months ago ALL THE TIME. It is beautiful.

It looks really shimmery/glittery in the pans, but it is lovely on my skin.

• Like 1

Got my shopping notification. <3

Also, I have 500 rewards points because I subbed in the middle of the revamp and my birthday was this month! Going to go through the old boxes and see if there is anything I might want to get. Or maybe I'll just get the blush palette that I missed out on two months back. Did you guys like your blush palettes? I was a little jealous I missed it, they look so pretty.

I did the same thing and used my birthday coupon on an old box. I am absolutely in love with the blush palette and use it a;most everyday.

Meganola, if you want to sell your box from this month, I might be interested in buying it.  I did not update my cc info in time and had a lost card this month.  

Shipping notice, but no box yet. I did check out the loyalty program (btw, hi guys, long time but i'm back) :)  and it seems like not as good a deal but they are doing what they can to make up to folks - ie, if you were a continous subscriber you can turn in 250 points for 35$ off $45.   I can understand why they'd want to make sure there was some purchase. Honestly the old program was a little too good to be true, and I do want them to remain in business. :)

• Like 2

Yeah, I have a lot of bittersweet feelings about the rewards program now. I feel weirdly entitled to how much we had been spoiled and its hard to not be bummed out that these changes have happened. Ultimately, for the company, its probably better in the long run.
The biggest thing I am bummed out about is the birthday reward now. What use to be a randomly curated box (a couple random items) its now a coupon for 12$ off a purchase. In many cases that will get you 1 free item or almost 1 free item (give or take a dollar or two) but I genuinely loved the birthday surprise aspect. I would rather have a random curated box of sample sizes than picking 1 full sized one as my gift. But again, that's just a sadness stemming from being so spoiled before.

All in all, they ARE still offering a lot of rewards to their customers (FAR MORE THAN IPSY, there I said it!) and the only things that give me pause with the company is the fact that they use to boast "online only to keep costs down for customers" and now they are opening up mall stores.....AND our brow kit from last month was lower value than what they use to promise us our boxes would be worth (they use to boast " each box is a 35-99$ value" and the brow kit sells for 31$ on their site) these sorts of things start making me cautious of a company "selling out" for profits alone.

That being said, while I am still coming to terms with the changes my Nov box is suppose to be here tomorrow and I seriously can't wait. Last month was the only box in nearly a year I have not enjoyed but the theme this month looks so pretty! I love my Starlooks lippies (in all forms), eye liners and the blushes sooooo much! Hope we get one of those!

Also also, I was bummed I didn't get a Starlooks Gem pencil in my Ipsy bag this month so I used my loyalty reward for 2 of the colors (and a lipstick). YAY! :)