Favorite Project Panners?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am always looking for new people to watch on youtube who do frequent project pans like Meg, and Pretty Pistol. I love both of those because they always have a project pan going on. 

I'd love to have some others to check out and follow their progress. 

So, who are your favorite PP's?

I watch both Meg (megsmakeu8) and Cherish (PrettyPistol86) as well and really like their projects pans - so inspiring!

Check out:

AmberF https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCek9Y_cUU5G0D1wAO6lsOxQ

FaithersK https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnCoqmr9BqkMCGT_MRu9IDg

They both do projects pans regularly. AmberF actually did a Pan that Palette challenge this year which was great to watch. She decided to pan her Urban Decay Naked palette throughout all of 2014 and she's down to one eye shadow left! I'm actually thinking of starting a thread here to do the same for 2015. I would love to use up my Naked palette!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

GlamourWithGrace, her videos are good quality, and while I don't love her makeup, I find her super watchable and love her project pans.

pinksofoxy has a couple of project pan vids.

I watched GlamourWithGrace I agree she is watchable! lol 

I'll definitely check out the others you've mentioned! 

I watch both Meg (megsmakeu8) and Cherish (PrettyPistol86) as well and really like their projects pans - so inspiring!

Check out:

AmberF https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCek9Y_cUU5G0D1wAO6lsOxQ

FaithersK https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnCoqmr9BqkMCGT_MRu9IDg

They both do projects pans regularly. AmberF actually did a Pan that Palette challenge this year which was great to watch. She decided to pan her Urban Decay Naked palette throughout all of 2014 and she's down to one eye shadow left! I'm actually thinking of starting a thread here to do the same for 2015. I would love to use up my Naked palette!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I would totally join you in project panning my Naked palette.. it was actually part of mine this year until I decided to switch to an older Too Faced palette

@@SassyPeach I'm thinking of doing the same thing but with my NudeTude palette.  Its my oldest one and I rarely reach for it anymore.  Just want to get it out of my collection and see if I could actually commit to using one palette until it is gone!

scubakathy84 said:
I second the pinksofoxy recommendation. Watching her videos has really inspired me to live a simpler life, considering each and every purchase I make now if I will really use it and if it will enrich my life. If the answer is no, I don't buy it.
I'm going to have to chime in and agree with everyone else who has said how wonderful pinksofoxy is. She has a decluttering series from a few years ago and since then, she's focused on using what she has and only keeps what she absolutely loves. It seems like she's genuinely committed to the idea of less is more and doesn't want to encourage people to buy, buy, buy and engage in constant consumerism (which can be really difficult if you're in the YouTube beauty community, it seems). She does project pans on a fairly regular basis as well. 

I don't want to sound so cynical, because I do love PinkSoFoxy's decluttering videos, but I wouldn't necessarily watch her for advice on simplifying your life. I've watched her for about a year or so now, and if you really pay attention, she would constantly re-do her room. She would always go on hauls at Ross and buy new stuff to make her room look simple, which kind of defeats the purpose. Like it always bugged me, she made her make up room so nice when it was all white, but then she went and unnecessarily bought more stuff for it to give the room 'texture'. She's changed the set up multiple times, always involving stuff she's picked up from Ross.

When I'm in the mood to de-clutter, I add all of her Less stuff, Less stress videos into my watch-later on YT and then play them all while I start going through my stuff. xD

I don't want to sound so cynical, because I do love PinkSoFoxy's decluttering videos, but I wouldn't necessarily watch her for advice on simplifying your life. I've watched her for about a year or so now, and if you really pay attention, she would constantly re-do her room. She would always go on hauls at Ross and buy new stuff to make her room look simple, which kind of defeats the purpose. Like it always bugged me, she made her make up room so nice when it was all white, but then she went and unnecessarily bought more stuff for it to give the room 'texture'. She's changed the set up multiple times, always involving stuff she's picked up from Ross.

When I'm in the mood to de-clutter, I add all of her Less stuff, Less stress videos into my watch-later on YT and then play them all while I start going through my stuff. xD
Fair enough - but I was mainly talking about makeup and beauty stuff, not necessarily home stuff. I also don't really think there's anything wrong with her buying things to do up her room, just because she's made it clear that she used to shop a lot more, to the point where it was pretty unhealthy, and she doesn't buy nearly as much as she used to. If it fits into her definition of simplicity and minimalism, so be it. [SIZE=13.63636302948px]Those things mean different things to different people. [/SIZE]She and Michael have moved into a much smaller home, so it kind of seems like she's still trying to make that space her's, if that makes any sense. I also haven't seen a video from her in a long time that's strictly a haul. Simplifying your life, decluttering, or doing a project pan doesn't necessarily mean absolutely no shopping. So, yes, she does still buy stuff for her makeup room, but I feel like it's a lot less than other beauty bloggers, where it seems like there's a huge haul every single week! 

Her Less Stuff, Less Stress videos are absolutely fantastic, if any of you are looking down to clear out your collections. I think I've watched each one several times.

Fair enough - but I was mainly talking about makeup and beauty stuff, not necessarily home stuff. I also don't really think there's anything wrong with her buying things to do up her room, just because she's made it clear that she used to shop a lot more, to the point where it was pretty unhealthy, and she doesn't buy nearly as much as she used to. If it fits into her definition of simplicity and minimalism, so be it. [SIZE=13.63636302948px]Those things mean different things to different people. [/SIZE]She and Michael have moved into a much smaller home, so it kind of seems like she's still trying to make that space her's, if that makes any sense. I also haven't seen a video from her in a long time that's strictly a haul. Simplifying your life, decluttering, or doing a project pan doesn't necessarily mean absolutely no shopping. So, yes, she does still buy stuff for her makeup room, but I feel like it's a lot less than other beauty bloggers, where it seems like there's a huge haul every single week! 

Her Less Stuff, Less Stress videos are absolutely fantastic, if any of you are looking down to clear out your collections. I think I've watched each one several times.
True, true. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But it's still good to think about, you know. Maybe I'm just way too cynical xD. Just like I research products before buying, I have a tendency to research YT gurus. Idk I just like knowing all different view points, I guess. Out of all of the terrible things I've read about some gurus, Christine is far from the worst. I still like her videos.

I mostly skip any videos these days unless it's a declutter or organising one, just because those are the only ones she makes that I'm really interested in from her. I feel like she doesn't put out as much beauty videos as she used to. I do enjoy some of her DIY videos, and I loved seeing the makeup she bought from her travels during her last trip before her current one, because makeup from other countries is so fascinating! And we mostly get the same products constantly from all of the gurus that give raving reviews to what they get free.

I also have a lot of respect for her that she donated the stuff she was getting rid of to a women's shelter. 

@@SassyPeach I looked at AmberF from your recommendation, and I spent a whole night watching her 2014 Project Pan videos.  :wub:  She's such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing her!

True, true. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But it's still good to think about, you know. Maybe I'm just way too cynical xD. Just like I research products before buying, I have a tendency to research YT gurus. Idk I just like knowing all different view points, I guess. Out of all of the terrible things I've read about some gurus, Christine is far from the worst. I still like her videos.

I mostly skip any videos these days unless it's a declutter or organising one, just because those are the only ones she makes that I'm really interested in from her. I feel like she doesn't put out as much beauty videos as she used to. I do enjoy some of her DIY videos, and I loved seeing the makeup she bought from her travels during her last trip before her current one, because makeup from other countries is so fascinating! And we mostly get the same products constantly from all of the gurus that give raving reviews to what they get free.

I also have a lot of respect for her that she donated the stuff she was getting rid of to a women's shelter. 

@@SassyPeach I looked at AmberF from your recommendation, and I spent a whole night watching her 2014 Project Pan videos.  :wub:  She's such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing her!
Definitely! Even though she does still buy stuff and decorate her makeup room, it seems like she's a lot more dedicated to the idea of project panning and decluttering because it can be unhealthy to have that much stuff - I know I watched some YouTube beauty gurus that decluttered, but then just went out and hauled a ton of stuff.

But yes! I love her videos she did on makeup from other countries - to me, that's a lot more interesting than the same products we see over and over again. I don't really watch haul anymore, either. They just end up making me want stuff!

And yes, Amber F. was a fantastic suggestion! I've been watching tons of her videos.

_blueNeon (used to go by Sushi Flower). She is European, I believe. She loves to use up products, even ones she does not like. She is full of ideas for using things up, such as repurposing eye shadows for concealer, using eyeliners for brows, and using eyeshadow brushes to extract the last bits of product from glass foundation bottles.

She has influenced me to want a well used makeup collection. I hoard instead of using, always wanting everything new and pristine. But watching these videos makes me want worn down lipsticks, powders down to the pan, and tiny pencil stubs. Watching her I also saw that, if you use what you have for a while, the things you have will become very exclusive, as they will be discontinued. So your old items become LE, in a sense.

Nays Place - an Australian lady. She does weekly makeup baskets/project pan - always very well thought out, excellent product knowledge. She is always impeccably groomed and made up, and has a beautiful, neat and organized space around her. Someone I aspire to be like!

Latest posts

Back