Spazkatt

New Limited Edition Boxes

I had a bunch of points, so I got the Homespun box (looks really nice!), plus the mystery bag, used the takeoff20 and my points - got it all for 14.00

:D

• Like 2

I really want Homespun but I want to wait until I see all of the boxes before I decided... Hopefully they don't sell out.  

On another note I wish they'd stop putting in lip balms in LE boxes as I never ever go through any of my lip balms and now I have a huge hoard of them. 

• Like 2

The Homespun one actually looks really nice, especially as a gift. I kind of wish the Vanity Fair box had a piece of jewelry in it like last years Precious Metals box, I'm still kicking myself for missing out on that one. But I will definitely be getting a Homespun box if it doesn't sell out in the next two weeks!

Same! I still lust after those head phones the precious metals box had!

• Like 6

I had a $100 gift card I received for my birthday so I went ahead and ordered the Vanity Affair box this morning. I just got my shipping notice so it should be here Thursday or Friday. This is just the best box ever for me.

• Like 5

ahhhh me toooooo. those headphones were so pretty

Right? I think they were like $50 or something like that and that's when I decided the box was worth it, a few hours too late.

Edited by kawaiimeows

I had a $100 gift card I received for my birthday so I went ahead and ordered the Vanity Affair box this morning. I just got my shipping notice so it should be here Thursday or Friday. This is just the best box ever for me.

So jealous! I feel like its the most "luxe" box they've done yet, brand wise.

I had a bunch of points, so I got the Homespun box (looks really nice!), plus the mystery bag, used the takeoff20 and my points - got it all for 14.00

:D

Hehe, I got it for $12!! I only am slightly annoyed I had 60 points that I wasted, but oh well. It was on my account that's currently canceled and I don't anticipate restarting another sub any time soon! 

Holy jealous batman!!! I loooove this box but it's just a tad much for me. I might cancel and resub my main account to get an extra hundred points and hope that it's not sold out before I get my Nov. box!! 

Vanity Affair looks cool, but the price makes me think twice... Plus I really want to see other LE boxes first

• Like 1

I just went to order the Homespun one an I got an error! I'm about to try again - I've got $10 off in points, and with the take20off code it's 27 after shipping. Definitely worth it! Reminds me of the Snow Day box from last November that I loved.

I just placed my first order on Birchbox!  I pulled the trigger on the Vanity Affair box - at less than half the cost of the PopSugar Nieman Marcus box and with more products that I will actually use, it was a no brainer for me!     Thanks all for the takeoff20 code!  Made the purchase decision even easier.  :)

• Like 4

I ordered the Homespun as well!  So excited to get it. 

I hope one more of their LE boxes is something lifestyle related, that way I can better justify it to myself.

• Like 1

I got my Vanity Affair Box today and love it. I thought I would let you know the sizes of the non-full size products in case you were curious.

Sunday Riley 10ml (full size s 30ml)

Baume de Rose 3g (full size is 10g)

Tocca 15 ml (full size is 50ml)

Shu Uemura 30ml (full size is 150ml)

Serge Normant 1.8 fl oz. (full size is 4.5 fl oz)

Maison Caulieres 30ml (full size is 100 ml)

I got the Chantecaille in Lychee and the Tata Harper in Very Charming.

• Like 8

I got my Vanity Affair Box today and love it. I thought I would let you know the sizes of the non-full size products in case you were curious.

Sunday Riley 10ml (full size s 30ml)

Baume de Rose 3g (full size is 10g)

Tocca 15 ml (full size is 50ml)

Shu Uemura 30ml (full size is 150ml)

Serge Normant 1.8 fl oz. (full size is 4.5 fl oz)

Maison Caulieres 30ml (full size is 100 ml)

I got the Chantecaille in Lychee and the Tata Harper in Very Charming.

Thanks! I'm thinking about getting this box.. so tempting..

• Like 2

Stumbled upon this article today.. Looks like there will be another limited edition box coming up soon!

http://thisisstory.com/birchbox-and-conscious-commerce-co-curate-a-good-gift/

It looks like mainly lifestyle products. I'll be interested to find out more whenever they announce it!

Nice find! They are supposed to be announcing it later this week!

Stumbled upon this article today.. Looks like there will be another limited edition box coming up soon!

It looks like mainly lifestyle products. I'll be interested to find out more whenever they announce it!

Hmmmm. That's nice, but the style of it is not really anything I'd ever be interested in or use. Kind of reminds me of the "Toms Shoes" aesthetic or whatever.

• Like 2

Hmmmm. That's nice, but the style of it is not really anything I'd ever be interested in or use. Kind of reminds me of the "Toms Shoes" aesthetic or whatever.

I agree and I'm hugely not a fan of Tom's.

OTOH... Olivia Wilde. There are about two celebrities in the world who can do something and I'd fall for it knowing it was dumb anyway, and she's one of them. <_> (The other being Daniel Craig. LOL Kohl's sent out a Bond cologne sample and I'm like, damnit, it's probably awful, but Daniel Craig is so handsome, he wouldn't lie to me!...)

• Like 3

Definitely a swell water bottle in one if them. There's an instagram shot and you can barely see the box open, but I could make out the neck of Swell.

Obvious if I clicked the link! I hope the other has ilia...

Edited by camel11

My Home Sweet Homespun box arrived and I love it!  The hand cream is super nice, it's not greasy AT ALL and it smells amazing. The cowshed lip butter is really nice. I am super excited to try the sipping chocolate, as I had hoped it's not hot cocoa powder, but actually chunks of chocolate for melting in milk.  I am a chocolate lover, so I don't tend to like cocoa powder because it seems like watery chocolate. The cookies smell like they'll be wonderful, I will have to figure out how to adapt the recipe for high elevation and I plan to use the little garden treat kit to give them as gifts to co-workers. The maker's kit hanging photo kit even comes with super glue AND thumb tacks, I plan on using it to hang some decorative tea towels I have.  The candle tin is pretty, but the scent is strange it's a woody/sawdust/sweet smell. Finally I am slightly disappointed in the socks, they have ugly writing that is on the bottom of them, but other than that they're nice!  I will try to post pictures later.  Oh I forgot that it came with a cute little accordion fold with fun cold day ideas that uses items from the box. 

I searched Conscious Commerce in the Birchbox shop and all those items came up.  It's certainly not a box I am into, but I can see how others would be. Also thanks@@celiajuno,  for letting us know the sizes in the Vanity Affair, it helps me make my decision about whether the box is worth it. I am interested in what the 4th box will see to make my decision before deciding on another box. They said they'd be launching "tons" of boxes, I am wondering if 4 is considered "a ton".  Also, what do you think are the chances that they will release more boxes closer to Christmas?

Edited by Spazkatt
  • Like 2

Yesssss a s'well water bottle. I've been dying to buy/try one for ages!

Edit: Though I might just buy it separately depending on the cost of this upcoming box... and apparently the cost is $68... so I probably will skip and just buy it on its own). XD

Edited by ikecarus
  • Like 1