tweakabell

Secret Santa Squids and Scarves

Alright as of right now USPS has all of the last round as delivered.  I have received confirmation from 4of 7 people that they have received their item. If you have not received your item you need to contact me.

Alright as of right now USPS has all of the last round as delivered.  I have received confirmation from 4of 7 people that they have received their item. If you have not received your item you need to contact me.

Are you sending pm's when you send out?  

I am wondering if you got my request for a scarf earlier? I posted a while ago, but didn't see my name on your updated list. Thanks a lot! 

On another note, i am wondering how you made the squid and the scarf? I like crafting a lot, but not so talented at it myself. Have you considered writing a guide/tutorial? I would love to learn! 

Are you sending pm's when you send out?  

I can if someone needs me to but because of the amount of requests I will not send out PMs to everyone. I will tag people in the shipment waves posted here but it is just too many to send out individually.

Yay, squids are on the loose!

Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the mailbox....

• Like 3

All requests are now closed!

@@lindzebra I will take your request because I did not close them on time

From this point on NO REQUESTS will be considered

• Like 1

Squid Vicious is proudly guarding a box of makeup. Beware the mighty tentacles pilferers! The next time I have to go to the store my beautiful scarf will be on me :)  Thanks and kissies!

Best squid name ever!

My squid came yesterday (it is awesome)! Along with a Mickey Christmas card and Z's art titled "some nest eggs."

post-90975-0-65288100-1418995773_thumb.jpg

post-90975-0-83574600-1418995869_thumb.jpg

Thank you @@tweakabell and Z!  It was so nice of you to do this for everyone  :flowers:

eta: Boo.  Sorry the picture flipped.

Edited by chelsealynn
  • Like 2

Life cycle of a squid:

Pattern and pinning

post-82797-0-93558000-1419020952_thumb.jpgpost-82797-0-65290600-1419021094_thumb.jpgpost-82797-0-91016300-1419021198_thumb.jpg

Trimming the excess

post-82797-0-83535800-1419021205_thumb.jpg

Turning each piece inside out

post-82797-0-39965100-1419021214_thumb.jpg

Stuffing them full of happy

post-82797-0-81142900-1419021221_thumb.jpg

Pull out the required number of legs, trim them, measure to find the shortest one

post-82797-0-98547500-1419021229_thumb.jpg

Sewing the legs to the body

post-82797-0-78261800-1419021237_thumb.jpg

That will be the last time a sewing machine touches it, everything from here out is hand sewn

Sad unstuffed, dewinged squid

post-82797-0-98664800-1419022045_thumb.jpg

All three unstuffed, dewinged squids, lol

post-82797-0-94283900-1419021260_thumb.jpg

Hand close the wings

post-82797-0-79626900-1419021263_thumb.jpg

Sew wings to body

post-82797-0-70191700-1419022209_thumb.jpg

Stuff the squid butts ( I am a licensed Squid Proctologist)

post-82797-0-91894600-1419021275_thumb.jpg

Sew on the end cap

post-82797-0-92465100-1419021304_thumb.jpg

Et Voila! Trois squids!

post-82797-0-91096200-1419021280_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

As today is the last day of shipping, all those on squid waitlist will not be receiving a squid. Your scarves will be mailed out.

@Tweakabell  thank you so much!  I am happy with a scarf as I knew the squid was a long shot - so time consuming ~ you really are talented.  I will post a pic of the scarf when I get it - thank you again and Merry Christmas!

aall but 3 packages were mailed out earlier then my bank halted card use at the kiosk, lol SO MANY PACKAGES!

Thanks for showing us the birthing of the squids! <3 "sew" much work :P

They are just too cute and it was so sweet of you to make them for so many!

Squid and scarf arrived safely yesterday! I love Z's artwork, that's super sweet and thoughtful of her to draw pictures to include! Black and purple squid! Aaaahhhhh! :wub:

Thank you for making these this Christmas! :hugs3:

• Like 2