PopSugar Holiday for Her 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel trapped!  I have purchased every single box since the very first one.  But they show me that I'm a valued customer who paid a year in advance by giving people who don't stay subscribed $10 off each month to buy a box.  They have had trouble with shipping, the NM box and the last couple of LE boxes haven't been wins for me.  Both of the LE for him boxes that I got last Christmas came the day after Christmas.  I feel like Popsugar is a bad habit I just can't kick.  I may cave at some point, but hopefully both LE boxes will sell out before then.

I did notice this says "arrives mid-December."  If you're getting it for a gift...then there is NO room for shipping delays/website issues, etc.  Seems like a hassle waiting to happen.

I'm not pulling the trigger on either one of these boxes without a rely fabulous spoiler first. I've learned my lesson. I'll keep my monthly sub because it's still my favorite box but the LE boxes haven't wowed me for quite some time.

Although I have been very slow on the uptake (Resort, Summer, Fall, NM), I can safely say I've learnt my lesson.  Between the lackluster curation (understatement of the year) and the bad customer service... thanks but no thanks PS. 

I feel the same as you all.. The last 3 LE boxes have been just meh .. Nothing really exciting.. Maybe it takes too much to excite me.. Maybe it's me & not them.. Lol! Sometimes, I wonder if I expect too much? I'll totally probably cave if an awesome spoiler arises, if no spoiler than as the Sharks say " I'm Out".

yeah, no. :laughno:  They're going to have to do an amazing job with this one. Who knows? Hoping for full spoilers. I'll see if & when... :smilehappyyes:  

I think the best thing we can all do is NOT buy this box- unless an amazing spoiler comes out.

They've messed up too many times with shipping delays, inconsistencies in pricing (NM), and overall bad/impersonal customer service.

Maybe if the boxes don't fly off the shelves like they used to, Popsugar will realize they need to step up their game to win us back.

Sorry, I needed to vent- rant over.

I'm in. I have zero willpower. But, I've actually really enjoyed the LE boxes since last Christmas save for just a few items. The only thing keeping me from ordering the men's is the iffy shipping. I do hope they get all of their billing & shipping glitches worked out this month. I managed to miss all the drama last month because I didn't order an October box & I'm skipping November too. There are only a couple of things I like, so I'm saving $ there. I'll just trade for the things I missed. Hoping this LE one has more homegoods & less beauty. I also hope they release some great spoilers. This is so much more fun when everyone is excited. : )

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved last years LE box. Hated. No. Embarrassed I gifted many December boxes. I won't buy a NM box again. I don't think anyway.

I am excited for the LE box.

I never got a chance w the NM box last year so I really wanted it. Kinda a bummer but only because I haven't loved loved one item

I actually have enjoyed all my $100 LE boxes, so I'll probably buy it. Would like a spoiler first though...ugh, c'mon PS!

I bought it immediately. Last year's was perfect for me--I used everything except the false eyelashes, but everything else was wonderful. I'm a sucker for the holidays I guess. 

I take that back--I haven't used the cheese board either. Clearly need to rectify that soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I might purchase this once I see a spoiler. I love the idea of this box but the last year's box was not my style. However I love the recent boxes and so I'd probably love this. But I'm irritated with them right now and I hold grudges.

Same here. I do love their LE boxes .. even the last few. Well, I was annoyed with the shipping issues and clutch in the Resort one and I'm still waiting for a day to actually use the hat or scarf of the Fall one (still way too warm around here) ... but.

I used to buy those LE right when they came out, but I've also reached the point where I just don't know what's going on with them. They used to have fast and helpful customer service and shipping was never an issue .. in the worst case I got my box mid month. Now, I don't get replies to my emails (at all or at least not within 2 weeks) and their FB page seems to be run by robots (no social skills whatsoever).

And there will be a blue clutch in there for certain. And a candle. And probably a scarf & ridiculously expensive mascara.

I'm tempted to buy it, but by now I do fear I might regret spending those $100. I certainly would not consider getting them as gifts as I have no faith in them being able to deliver promptly mid December.

I would like to purchase one out of curiosity before I drown myself in student debt but I'm moving early January. There's a very high chance that it won't arrive in time and by then I would be too freaked out over which stuff to bring to my new apartment.

Back