Diamond Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else out there is getting the diamond mystery box, apparently there are two new diamond glitter polishes included. I used the code BG74L8U for $5 off and it worked, so I got the box for 20 instead of 25. I figure if nothing else, I can divy it up for Christmas presents.

I did order it. They got me again and I had a $30 for two $15 credits that I used but was refunded after they Jewel Heist Mystery Box. I also bought a Matte Top coat which push it over the $36 mark so I also got that freebie with $35 or more purchase. Paid out of pocket less than $6.25.

I got one also! I'm not sure what to expect- it's my first mystery box. Mine won't be here until the 20th. Has anyone gotten theirs yet??

I tried to use the SHINETIME code, but it said that the code was no longer valid.  I did end up getting the box with the Mystery #1 add-on, so I just used a $10 off code instead to get the add-on for free.

I hope I don't get the eye primer though, I received it in my last Mystery Box and wasn't a fan. My eyelids are too oily for 'normal' primers.

Ugh, mine hasn't even shipped out yet, but I dint order it until Friday night so it's not all that surprising

I've ordered the last 3 mystery boxes and decided to skip this one... This one looks a lot better though!  Wish I would have went ahead and ordered it! 

Mine came today even though it was scheduled for tomorrow.

Feels like pretty great value to me all said and done!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Update on my box. FedEx called to let me know it had been transferred to the USPS in Foxborough last week. I'm not that far from there and since the Pats played yesterday there I know that there is no reason for a four day (so far) delay. Also I don't understand why the tracking hasn't been updated on the FedEx site and the tracking number doesn't work on the USPS site at all. So where is my box? No idea.

Update on my box. FedEx called to let me know it had been transferred to the USPS in Foxborough last week. I'm not that far from there and since the Pats played yesterday there I know that there is no reason for a four day (so far) delay. Also I don't understand why the tracking hasn't been updated on the FedEx site and the tracking number doesn't work on the USPS site at all. So where is my box? No idea.
Same thing here. No update since the 14th or 15th.

My box showed up today and let's just say I'm super curious to know what happened to it because it's obvious something did happen to it. So what arrived was a large square cardboard box that's not typical of a Julep box. I've ordered from them pretty much from them since their first year so I've seen how they package products in their custom shipping mailers. This was not a custom box since it was a blank box. At first I didn't realize the box was from Julep since the tracking said it should be here on Friday since it didn't arrive in town until 2:30 PM and my mail always comes around that. Mail was late today and I think it was because my mail lady went back to the post office (one of the best things of living in a tiny town is that it's super close by) to get it.

I looked at the label and saw it was from Julep but the label looked odd and it wasn't until after I opened the package and went over the items did I realize that the label was peeled off a different box - most likely the original shipping box - cut and then taped back onto the box the items came in. You can see in the 2nd photo that the back of the label shows it was peeled off a different color box and when I went back to look at that label I also realized it was very thick. I said on my FB wall that it looks like the original sticker was peeled off with a second sticker put on top of that and it does but it also looks like it was peeled off with some cardboard backing. It's super odd.

So inside the box came my Diamond Mystery Box and that box was a normal black Julep box however the box was damp and felt damp to me. The side of the box is clearly damaged by some kind of liquid since it's warped. The products look fine and undamaged but everything had a funky smell to it which I think is from the damp box. The packing slip is also wrinkled like it was wet and someone dried it. The actual products look fine, I did double check to make sure nothing was broken but I am missing my top coat.

I have no idea what happened to my box but since it disappeared after the 17th and couldn't be tracked until after I called FedEx I'm sure something happened to my order. I did contact the CS rep again to give her a heads up on what happened so she could pass the email to Dwight (Julep's Chief Delivery Officer). Hopefully he can do something to prevent this from happening to anyone else. While it's out of Julep's hands and the fault for my damaged package is due to FedEx's fault considering Julep does millions of dollars of business with them Dwight probably has the power to get FedEx to improve their shipping/customer service. I don't know but that's my hope.

As for my actual items. I got Diamond Mystery variation #2.

• Dry Clean Invisible Dry Shampoo
  • Mighty Nail & Cuticle Serum
  • Gel Eye Glider in Blackest Black
  • Lip Gloss in Polished
  • Eliana
  • Nancy
  • Austen
  • Nic
  • Sky
  • Chantal
The Shine Time items were:

• Sweep Eyeshadow in Neutrals
  • Eyeshadow brush
  • Charming Lip Gloss in Awestruck
  • Ava polish
  • De Ann polish
  • Gunmetal Sequin Clutch
I'm only missing the top coat and I did let Julep know. I have a feeling it shipped but was probably lost during the repackage.

Overall at this time I'm content with the box having paid only under $7 out of pocket as I did use my $30 credit. I don't blame Julep for the FedEx fubar since the package was in FedEx's hands and a FedEx employee acknowledged that the package was in Connecticut when it disappeared last week. So something at a FedEx hub took place that caused the shipping package damage. What happened? No idea but obviously it did involve water.

Latest posts

Back