GlossyBox Canada

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now that GlossBox US is shipping to Canada, I thought it was time to start a new entry. Issues, comments, tips, codes, questions … all of the above and more are welcome!

I know Glossybox Canada was a separate entity to Glossybox USA but the way that was shut down last year makes me a little nervous about jumping in now that it's available again. OTOH, I suspect most people wouldn't have freaked out so much if it hadn't come so close on the heels of being burned by Glymm so for now, I'll hang back but hope that my concern is for naught & that y'all get big beautiful boxes full of things that will make me burn with box envy.

I know Glossybox Canada was a separate entity to Glossybox USA but the way that was shut down last year makes me a little nervous about jumping in now that it's available again. OTOH, I suspect most people wouldn't have freaked out so much if it hadn't come so close on the heels of being burned by Glymm so for now, I'll hang back but hope that my concern is for naught & that y'all get big beautiful boxes full of things that will make me burn with box envy.
I understand your concerns completely. I got burned big time by Seasons Box. But this is the US branch, not a Canadian spin off (so to speak) so I look at it like a BirchBox-type arrangement and I think their pockets are deeper and they know this is an extension of their brand so they will be mindful of their northern neighbours.

Has anyone purchased the deal from RuLaLa? I really hope the promo is available to Canadian subscribers and Glossybox will just charge me the extra shipping themselves, or else I'm out $45.

I saw that offer and it wasn't clear to me whether or not it applied to Canada, so I gave it a pass.

Welp, I still haven't received my email with the Glossybox code from RueLaLa. I emailed their CS about it and I hope I receive a prompt response, because even if I can't use it for a Canadian subscription I'm sure I could gift it to a relative in the US if I needed to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting frustrated with no word from GB on shipping or anything else. Has anyone in Canada received their November/December box yet?

I'm getting frustrated with no word from GB on shipping or anything else. Has anyone in Canada received their November/December box yet?
Welcome to GB!  Where the frustration is hopefully less than the value of the box... but both are high.

I am already fed up with Glossybox and I haven't even received mine yet. I had to change my address, and besides when you sign up and they take your money, none of their other address pages accept Canadian postal codes. I tried to contact them multiple times to update my postal code and haven't heard back. Today I got the shipping notice for my first box and it's missing half my shipping address. I'm not sure what to do at this point since Glossybox seems like they have no intention of contacting me or allowing me to update my address on my own. Worst.

I am already fed up with Glossybox and I haven't even received mine yet. I had to change my address, and besides when you sign up and they take your money, none of their other address pages accept Canadian postal codes. I tried to contact them multiple times to update my postal code and haven't heard back. Today I got the shipping notice for my first box and it's missing half my shipping address. I'm not sure what to do at this point since Glossybox seems like they have no intention of contacting me or allowing me to update my address on my own. Worst.
Same here :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, my love affair with Glossybox is already over. After all the hassle I had to go through to ensure my first box was shipped correctly, I already cancelled my subscription. January 2015 is going to be my last box. I already signed up for Starbox to replace it since I am mostly interested in makeup, and with the shipping, it winds up being cheaper as well.

Back