celiajuno

Birchbox December 2014 (Spoilers)

I definitely don't hate you for saying it- I've always been surprised they've allowed it in the first place. However, like you said, it still bothers me that they used that as an excuse as to why there are issues with my account, when I do the same thing on my mother's account and her's ships right on time, and her box populates on the 10th every month like it should.

I don't want to start nit-picking with the CS rep about it, but ALL I'm asking for is that my box populates on the website on time so I can see what I'm getting. Even if I canceled and resubscribed every month (with a code or without) As long as it's far enough in advance, I should be able to see my samples each month on the website before the flipping 18th of the month. The last time I contacted them about this issue (before I even started using codes) they brushed me off, yet completely differently, and said "oh sorry about that, we manually updated it so you can see your current box. thanks!" and then it continued to happen every month after that. I don't want to have to email them every single month about it, so I've just learned to be patient and wait for it to load. Since it didn't load this month, I thought something may have gone wrong...but apparently not? Who knows.

Sounds like your account just has a glitch. I would bank it has nothing to do with canceling and resubscribeing and more about a random fluke that happened when you created your account. Probably nothing CS can do about fixing it, unfortunately, but if they figure that out they probably wouldn't want to tell you that and will just blame it on something like canceling every month.

Sounds like your account just has a glitch. I would bank it has nothing to do with canceling and resubscribeing and more about a random fluke that happened when you created your account. Probably nothing CS can do about fixing it, unfortunately, but if they figure that out they probably wouldn't want to tell you that and will just blame it on something like canceling every month.

haha see, I would have appreciated that kind of a response so much more! Like "uhh we have no idea why it does that but if you shoot us an e-mail when it does, we will manually fix it so you can see your box contents!" or something to that effect instead of "tsktsk your fault for canceling each month."

• Like 2

They basically said that because I cancel and resubscribe with a code every month, I'm making it so my box will load later and ship later. Which is kind of BS. I cancel/resubscribe on both my own account and my mother's. My mother's always loads on the 10th, always ships before then and arrives to her weeks before mine.

I've been canceling and resubscribing, too, and I never had this problem.  My main box came a few days after my secondary box this month, but we're talking like maybe the 12th versus the 9th or something.  Both my boxes loaded on the 10th as expected.

I've been canceling and resubscribing, too, and I never had this problem.  My main box came a few days after my secondary box this month, but we're talking like maybe the 12th versus the 9th or something.  Both my boxes loaded on the 10th as expected.

Exactly. My mom's account has canceled/resubbed every month and her's is always on time and working fine as well.

It's not that big of a deal to me, I was just hoping they'd have an explanation because this month in particular I was concerned since I still don't have a shipping notification. I've never had to wait this late to see my box contents or get a clicky truck, so it was different this month than prior ones.

I think I'm just used to birchbox being super helpful and understanding, so when I got that kind of finger-pointing response I couldn't help but be irritated lol

I bet CS will do away with your ability to sub and resub every month and get those points. I think they've caught on. I haven't done this as, to me, it seems like such a hassle and I worry about "glitches". I just hope they keep the % off codes acomin'- those and the points from reviews and for orders are what keeps me with birchbox.

I'm not sure what is going on but it seems that Birchbox's customer service has gotten a bit wrist slappy lately (the responses to the boxes not loading and to the people who didn't get their PYS). I hope this isn't a trend...

• Like 1

I just received mine too and I also requested it probably about that long ago. At least they extended the expiration date to 1/14!

• Like 2

I got a new GAP code today on one e-mail address.

Thing is, I already got GAP codes for both of my accounts.  This is different from either of those.  Oh well.

Question, did anyone else who received the Laura Mercier (sp) finishing powder get two powders? 

Both were slightly opened so there was a fine dust but there is still plenty in the pots, I just find it odd/good I got two. Was wondering if I was alone. 

I got my gap code today too.  I also got my vasanti liner last night and I love it.

The customer service has been kinda snippy lately but I can see why (even though I don't like it).  I hope that they get into the Christmas spirit soon, lol

For those who got gap codes: did you have to contact BB CS or Gap CS?

I got mine today and all I had done was go to the gap.com/birchbox site and enter my email.

• Like 1

I gave up trying to get the site to load after the first week, but I was able to get it to load, entered my email, and got a response thanking me for signing up for Gap emails.  That's not the response I was expecting, so I have no idea if I'm actually getting the code.

I have a code on one e-mail account now.  Waiting to see if one shows up for my second account.  

I have new codes on my emails, even though I had already used one of them.

• Like 1

I got new codes on both accounts. I still want to use the spiffy online only code I got as a Sorry from Gap CS on the main account. And the new one that expires in January on the second sub.  

January Birchbox Plus

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/promo/birchbox-plus

Hopefully the link works for you!

Anybody got shipping on their December Birchbox Plus? Or actually received theirs? I got an e-mail saying I would be charged around December 2nd, but that didn't happen. I kinda forgot about it and I should call tomorrow.

Anybody got shipping on their December Birchbox Plus? Or actually received theirs? I got an e-mail saying I would be charged around December 2nd, but that didn't happen. I kinda forgot about it and I should call tomorrow.

I think I saw on Facebook that a bunch of people who reserved necklaces did receive it.

• Like 1

January Birchbox Plus

I reserved the sweatshirt! Hopefully it worked since I reserved it so early without the email...

Ooooh, thanks for this.

The sweatshirt is super cute, but not something I *need* to own. And neither are either of the remaining Plus offerings this month. PHEW! BB has been getting a little too much of my cash lately, so this is helpful. :blush::P

• Like 1

does anyone want my Gap code? i can email it to ya if ya want. i think the closest one to me is about an hour away and im not going to use it :) let me know! :)

January Birchbox Plus

I reserved the sweatshirt! Hopefully it worked since I reserved it so early without the email...

IDK but since they are able to check when you reserved the PYS and bonk people for jumping the gun on that I wouldn't feel too secure using that same system with BB Plus.

I was looking at past Plus items and the Jouer eyeshadow looks just like the BaB shadow Ipsy sent out last month.

• Like 1

does anyone have a gap code they won't be using?  I actually have a gap quite close to me and would love to get some small basics, and I still haven't received any codes of my own.

just got my code a few min ago!  I guess they're still in the process of sending them out.  If anyone has codes they don't want though I will still take them.

Edited by Tamarin
  • Like 1