How often do you buy makeup items??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am just curious to know is it only me who buys lipstick and nail colours every now and then or everyone who loves to wear makeup buys makeup item whenever get chance! So how often do you gals buy makeup? and what is your favourite makeup item to buy that never bores you! :king:

I buy it when I see something new in a shade I don't already have. Or after reading a review about makeup that interest me.

My favourite makeup item is lipstick/lipgloss and eye shadows.

I buy maybe once a week. Only after I've read many reviews and know it won't be going on sale in the near future. Impulse buys are only at Marshalls/Winners! Though I go there lots....

I am a replenishment type customer... So I buy in bulk (~ 80 items), once or twice every two months or so. 

Most purchased product: powdered compacts, I use 6-8 compacts a day for about a week or so. (show or gig dependent).

Least purchased products: Eyeliners, nail polishes, and coloured glosses.

Items such as sponges I buy in a bag of 5000 which lasts me for about 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get paid every Thursday so that's the day I usually buy stuff. I research throughout the week about sales and things that I've wanted to buy. There are literally things that I've wanted to buy for years but just never get around to doing it.

Makeup Geek sent me a 10% off coupon today so I used that to buy some stuff from there. I've been wanting to try her stuff forever!

i read a lot of beauty blogs and usually i see something i just fall in love with! Im the type that if i see something i like i favourite it then go on a shopping spree on payday lol 

I buy new makeup things when I really need them. I can't stand throwing them away anymore! I used to buy makeup always when I found something nice, but I couldn't use them in time.

I buy make-up whenever I can (as long as I can afford it.) I've got a really long wishlist, but I also make impulse buys, which I am terrible at doing. I'm getting paid on Friday, so the first thing I'm going to do is order Revlon's Whimsical nail polish off ebay. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (That is on my list and been looking for it for ages.) 

I used to buy makeup items an awful lot, but since losing my job a couple of months ago, I'm on something of a tight budget, so I don't splurge often at all now! Probably around once a month or less. I'm trying to use up some of my older products, as I'm a bit of a hoarder, so I may consider turning this into a no-buy opportunity!

I normally buy makeup when ever i usually i feel it is very much needed. New products launch out and if i feel the need to test them out in any way i will purchase them.

I'll tell you, it's an evolution!

When I first started being interested in makeup, I was a very conservative spender. I would watch YouTube videos or read blogs and when I heard the same product mentioned by lots of bloggers/vloggers, I started researching it a bit more and would look out for it when I went to the drugstore.

But then I started to feel the need to increase my 'arsenal' of makeup because I really only had a few items, not even a foundation! So then, I built it up fairly quickly.

Doing so kind of desensitized me to spending on makeup, and so I'd buy more often without worrying too much.

And even more recently it's increased in an exponential manner because although I've built up a good amount of product and tools, I'm now curating my makeup to things that work best for me. So that kind of started me doing two things:

1. Buying more expensive things, and

2. Buying multiples of one type of item to find the best for me.

And so, now, here I am a VIB Rouge at Sephora, a Platinum at Ulta, with accounts at ebates, mr. rebates, dermstore. blush.com, ebay.com and posting on several makeup forums daily.

Hahaha, I just don't know what to do, but I think I'm really finding my perfect items. Sooooooo, basically I really hope that this means I can 'slow my roll' for a while and only start replacing during sales.

For now I'm working on a low-buy and am posting in the 'low buy/ now buy support' forum where we set up goals we try to stick to.

I want to be in a place where I just replace my HG (holy grail) items during awesome sales and maximize my rewards through GWP and coupon codes.

Back