Pan that Palette 2015

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to do this!

Really, I need to try to use up one of my 88 or 120 palettes from Coastal Scents, but I know that's not realistic, since they're giant, and I would be bummed about neglecting my nicer shadows for so long.

Maybe I'll try to use up my three California palettes from BH Cosmetics!

I'd love to do this but I'll have to think about what I want to do.. I don't have any palettes right now, just single MAC pans plus a few other singles and one duo.

If I buy a palette for my birthday I'll use that and if not I might pick out some of my shadows for a custom MAC quad and pan that.

I'll join in!

I'd like to use my Urban Decay Naked (the original one) a lot more. I do really like it, a lot actually, but my husband bought it for me shortly after it came out and it's been kinda hanging around occasionally getting used, ever since. Since there are 12 shades, I'll choose one to focus on each month of the year - I'll still use other shades, but for that month, I think the chosen shade will be the one that the look revolves around. 

I don't think I can totally finish it, but I would like to at least hit pan on every single shade. 

Yes! I'm so excited we have a thread for this. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I've been inspired by AmberF on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCek9Y_cUU5G0D1wAO6lsOxQ/feed She is currently doing this challenge with her Urban Decay Naked palette and has made amazing progress on it. 

For 2015 I would also like to pan my Urban Decay Naked palette. It was the first palette I ever bought and it has been in my stash for quite a while, however; I hardly ever use it.

Ditto on that Naked palette but I'd also like to add the other Naked palettes to the list (2 and 3) because they all sort of just sit in my stash and I end up using MAC Singles or NYX Hot Singles instead in similar shades.

I'd also like to use up some of my Wet n Wild trios that I've depotted into a large double-sided MAC palette, because otherwise it just sits in my collection and never gets opened.

I'm going to try to pan both my UD basics palettes next year. Since they are both neutral, hopefully I can mix in some different colors over the course of the year to keep it interesting. I'm really interested in getting into indie makeup, but I want to use up more of my mainstream makeup so I don't end up with an overabundance of stuff (again).

I need to do this. I think I will use my old, never used, discontinued, Just For Redheads mineral lipstick palette. It has nine lip colors, and I need to use it up before it goes bad.

I have been panning my MUA heaven and earth palette for three months now, and the challenge will probably continue to the end of 2015 (or until I use up the entire palette). I hope I'm still allowed in this thread even if I started a little earlier ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ooh I started a pan that palette with my Lorac Unzipped palette but got a little burnt out. I still use it sometimes and it's part my project pan. I'll join in come January 1st even though I already started.

I already started with my naked palette and hit pan on the shade "naked" but pan that palette for me means "use up that whole palette." so I will join in next year :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> one shade out of 12 means there's still a whole lotta shadow to use up. 

I will be panning my nudetude palette next year with you guys!  I really need to get this palette out of my collection.

I really need to do this but which palette??? Hm, I think I will do the BareMinerals Ready 8.0 Power Neutrals. I've had it for awhile but never reach for it. The pans are smaller than the Urban Decay ones so this may be more realistic for me. Also, I'm just aiming to hit pan, not finish every color. Sounds like a plan!

This is a cool idea, and for once, I feel like I'll actually join in at the right time in stead of in the middle or something. I guess I'm weirdly OCD about stuff like that. I'm glad this has a definitive start date and end date so we can track our progress!

Ok, so I'm possibly going to need help picking a palette.... here's what I have:

1. Lorac Pro

2. Tarte Be Mattenificent

3. Lorac Mega Pro

I am most excited about my Mega Pro, but I also don't want to hit pan on it too soon since it's LE and HTF, and my newest one. So I think I'll start on either my Lorac Pro (has most use out of all 3) or my Tarte Be Mattenificent...

I think the easiest one to hit pan on would be the Lorac Pro because the pans are so small and the eyeshadow is so soft, but I think it'd be more of a challenge to hit pan on the Tarte palette because the pans are larger, all matte, harder, and there is more there- blush, shadows, and liners.

I think I might develop 3 go-to looks for my palette... whichever one I end up choosing, to help me make sure to use it even on rushed days.

I'll join in!

I'd like to use my Urban Decay Naked (the original one) a lot more. I do really like it, a lot actually, but my husband bought it for me shortly after it came out and it's been kinda hanging around occasionally getting used, ever since. Since there are 12 shades, I'll choose one to focus on each month of the year - I'll still use other shades, but for that month, I think the chosen shade will be the one that the look revolves around. 

I don't think I can totally finish it, but I would like to at least hit pan on every single shade. 
I love your idea of concentrating on one color each month. B)

I need to do this. I think I will use my old, never used, discontinued, Just For Redheads mineral lipstick palette. It has nine lip colors, and I need to use it up before it goes bad.
Great idea! I think getting use out of your lipstick palette is a terrific place ot start. And if you end up falling in love with lipstick from a palette, you could clean out the pans when done and repour new lipstick in.

I'm officially waiting until after Christmas to join in, but I will definitely be joining in the New Year. I (surprisingly) only have one palette - Sephora Collection Moonshadow Baked Palette - In the Tropics (which they don't sell online anymore ... limited edition maybe? Amazon has it here). I got it in August for my birthday. I love it, I try to wear every day, but the progress is slow-going. I want to see if I get any more palettes for Christmas before I commit to this one palette, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was having second thoughts about doing this just now, but I came here and re-read my post and I'm glad with my choice- I'm definitely going to use the Tarte palette on this, because there is so much eyeshadow in there and I think I'd use it daily more often than the Lorac Pro. I think I'll keep my Lorac palettes for more special occassions.

I need to start wearing eyeshadow- I hardly ever wear it- maybe 2 times a month. What is my problem? I don't know!

@@eastofthesun Love the idea of reusing the palette when I'm done, thanks for the great idea!
Glad I could help! That would be awesome if it worked out. If I finish my Tarte palette, I'd be tempted to reuse it somehow because it's so pretty!!!

Yay! I started using my "2015 pan that palette" palette (Tarte Be Mattenificent) last week and I already have 1 really good daily go-to look using 4-5 colors out of it! I've actually also been wearing makeup every day of the week (except weekends) for the past week, so that's awesome! I mean, I like the fact that I feel comfortableish without makeup, but I've wanted to :

A) Look more put-together

B ) Use my makeup since I bought it

C) Actually develop some makeup skills so I'm good at using it rather than just buying it. ;)

I also revamped my makeup bag that I use on the daily. It's kind of awesome, I love how it's organized! I should snap a pic of it for the Monday Club! But anyway, my point is I put my 2015 PtP palette into it so I always have it on me.

I can't wait to make some more looks using it. I have my daily subtle look, but I want to come up with a few other looks as well, one more dramatic for 'night looks' and maybe one for umm... special occassions? I'm not sure... the problem with my palette is it doesn't have any shimmers- it's all matte, from the blush, shadows, to the liners. So I may need to bring with me a single of some kind of shimmery shade that I can bring into the mix.

Here's my palette at the 'start' of the project, and my first 'look' which is so subtle I don't know if you'll even be able to tell it's a 'look' :D

photo 2.JPG

My Tarte Be Mattenificent

photo 1.JPG

My 'starting point' at the beginning of this pan project!

In the spoiler below are some close-ups of the pans and my daily go-to look.

photo 3.JPG

Close-up of 'Sand out from the crowd' and 'Pink outside the box'

photo 4.JPG

Close-up of 'Peach for the stars' and 'Rose to the occassion'

photo 5.JPG

Close-up of 'Two plums up' and 'View from the taupe'

photo 1.JPG

Close-up of blush in 'Elevated'

photo 2.JPG

Close-up of liners in 'Dream in chocolate' and 'Don't stand black'.

photo8_zps1b28279d.jpg

My daily go-to subtle look. I used the sand and pink colors all over to create a good base to blend and cover up my veins.

Then I took a mix of the peach and taupe colors to define my crease and cover my slight hood. I used the taupe shade to define my lower lash line as well. I lined my eyes with the chocolate liner shade. I actually didn't use the blush... so I should probably get on that. Haha!

Everyone- don't forget to take 'before' pictures so you can track your progress!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great idea!

I'll definitely join in on the 1st. I agree with A, B & C from @@eastofthesun

A- I'm starting a new job as a university professor. I will be the youngest on staff for the master's level program so I need to step up my game. Maybe I'll feel like I belong more if I look the part everyday!

B- I'm remarkably good at buying the stuff (somehow I'm Rouge @ Sephora??? How'd that happen?) but I only do a full face 3-4 times per week, and that's 2-3 days of minimal effort.

C- I'm told I'm difficult to buy for so as part of my effort to please my mother I requested new makeup brushes for Christmas. Hopefully the excitement will carry over and help with the overall goals of using my makeup to help feel more complete in my look.

As for which palette? I'm leaning towards going big- Too Faced Everything Nice, currently featured in my profile pic with my annoyingly (not) helpful cat who likes to sleep on top of anything I sit down for more 30 seconds.

Now if there were only a way I could work a MUT thread into making me excited to work off the stupid new computer with windows 8.1. If it involved makeup I know I'd be more willing to learn how to use the blooming thing... but it isn't happening. And there is no right-click to the mouse. I'm doomed! /end rant

This is a great idea!

I'll definitely join in on the 1st. I agree with A, B & C from @@eastofthesun

A- I'm starting a new job as a university professor. I will be the youngest on staff for the master's level program so I need to step up my game. Maybe I'll feel like I belong more if I look the part everyday!

B- I'm remarkably good at buying the stuff (somehow I'm Rouge @ Sephora??? How'd that happen?) but I only do a full face 3-4 times per week, and that's 2-3 days of minimal effort.

C- I'm told I'm difficult to buy for so as part of my effort to please my mother I requested new makeup brushes for Christmas. Hopefully the excitement will carry over and help with the overall goals of using my makeup to help feel more complete in my look.

As for which palette? I'm leaning towards going big- Too Faced Everything Nice, currently featured in my profile pic with my annoyingly (not) helpful cat who likes to sleep on top of anything I sit down for more 30 seconds.

Now if there were only a way I could work a MUT thread into making me excited to work off the stupid new computer with windows 8.1. If it involved makeup I know I'd be more willing to learn how to use the blooming thing... but it isn't happening. And there is no right-click to the mouse. I'm doomed! /end rant
Hahha, I loved your post- so funny! My cat does the same thing. So annoying! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also just got a Windows 8 computer, and it was horrible! I feel like a grandpa when trying to use it. Luckily I got 8.1 installed so it's a little more usable now, but honestly, I'm still working off the old laptop that freezes all the time instead of just getting that new one up and running. I'm just dreading it somehow, but maybe I'll do that over the Christmas break!

I think you're right- feeling like you look more put-together will make you feel more professional and then others will feel you're more professional as well. Congrats on your position!

Latest posts

Back