kawaiimeows

Secret Santa NAILS 2014: Reveals!!!!

*Cross posted from other reveal thread*

Yesterday was a great mail day! My guy checked the mail while I was at work & reported that there were "a couple of things that look fun in there".

I immediately go into high alert because the only thing I'm expecting is the last package for my Santee (Yaay! It came! So excite) so I make him describe them. As soon as he mentions the postmark on the second thing, I *know*.

I get home & pretend that I'm not looking at that tantalizing THING WITH MY NAME ON IT on the table while giving him a kiss & he laughs & tells me I should just open it already so I do.

Are you ready?

Inside is this awesome card

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That says

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And has these inside

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It takes me awhile but I figure out what to do with them

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And what not to do

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

But eventually I get it to work

attachicon.gifimage.jpg using Butter London British Racing Green and Zoya Neve

I learned a bunch of things (wait longer for the base to dry, use more contrasting colors, leave yourself a tab to pull it off etc etc) but now I have a new skill. Thanks Secret Santa!

P.S I am onto your little reindeer games Santa. (I think). And that is all I am saying about that since I might be wrong in my sneakiness assessment of you.

• Like 3

And then today, I came home to this!

So beautifully wrapped!

post-103548-0-07218100-1416973832_thumb.jpg

Here's the super adorable Snoopy & Woodstock card

post-103548-0-68518600-1416974023_thumb.jpg

More pretty wrapping

post-103548-0-09588900-1416974145_thumb.jpg

The unveiling!

post-103548-0-51530500-1416974276_thumb.jpg

And inside was

post-103548-0-93925700-1416974965_thumb.jpg

(Which I was super excited about because It's hard to get here & I hear it's really good & now I get to try it

But thenpost-103548-0-06549700-1416974982_thumb.jpgYuna too?!

Yet More Zoya!(sensing a theme now)

post-103548-0-88341600-1416975001_thumb.jpg Helllooo there, sumptuous Hunter

And finallypost-103548-0-91410700-1416975018_thumb.jpgooo Dovima too?!

All together now!

post-103548-0-53282100-1416974944_thumb.jpgso much pretty!

I love this! All of this!! I have such a hard time paying full price for Zoyas which are way more expensive here even online plus I can't see them in person & have to rely on swatches. I also can't ever take advantage of Zoyas great sales because they don't ship here (sniff) so this was the most absolutely perfect gift ever.

Thank you so much @@ivfmommy, this was such a thoughtful & amazing gift

Edited by Cultfigure
  • Like 6

*Cross posted from other reveal thread*

Yesterday was a great mail day! My guy checked the mail while I was at work & reported that there were "a couple of things that look fun in there".

I immediately go into high alert because the only thing I'm expecting is the last package for my Santee (Yaay! It came! So excite) so I make him describe them. As soon as he mentions the postmark on the second thing, I *know*.

I get home & pretend that I'm not looking at that tantalizing THING WITH MY NAME ON IT on the table while giving him a kiss & he laughs & tells me I should just open it already so I do.

Are you ready?

Inside is this awesome card

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That says

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And has these inside

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It takes me awhile but I figure out what to do with them

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And what not to do

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

But eventually I get it to work

attachicon.gifimage.jpg using Butter London British Racing Green and Zoya Neve

I learned a bunch of things (wait longer for the base to dry, use more contrasting colors, leave yourself a tab to pull it off etc etc) but now I have a new skill. Thanks Secret Santa!

P.S I am onto your little reindeer games Santa. (I think). And that is all I am saying about that since I might be wrong in my sneakiness assessment of you.

Also, aha! I totally *thought* that the card with the chevrons wasn't from my Nail SeSa but posted here because it was equally likely to be either. Now, it could be from my Makeup SeSa @@ivfmommy AND/OR a clever ninja Santa trying to confuse me on their behalf because of where it was postmarked OR it could be someone who wants me to THINK that that's what's going on. The old double triple bluff eh? Edited by Cultfigure
  • Like 1

Also, aha! I totally *thought* that the card with the chevrons wasn't from my Nail SeSa but posted here because it was equally likely to be either. Now, it could be from my Makeup SeSa @@ivfmommy AND/OR a clever ninja Santa trying to confuse me on their behalf because of where it was postmarked OR it could be someone who wants me to THINK that that's what's going on. The old double triple bluff eh?

Bwaaahaahaa, I love this, loving the creativity that's being revealed in both threads! I can't wait to see who your other Santa is!!

Now I have "Here Comes Santa Claus" in stuck my head with "Here Comes Ninja Claus"

• Like 1

So I was expecting my own order for my Santa today when in my mailbox I found a priority mail box that looked bigger than what I ordered so I was totally confused. I opened it thinking it was for someone else and to my surprise it was the gift for me. I will get some pics up shortly. Thank you so much to my amazing Santa who crafted the perfect surprise for me and made my day. I had a miserable day at work and was not expecting to find polishes waiting for me.

I'm sorry I didn't mention who my Santa was @@secrethoarder you rock!!!

Edited by Christa W
  • Like 3

Having some technical difficulties aclamating to a tablet so here is a sneak peek. I'll get more done tomorrow but put one on already... ILNP Peace 2 coats over black

post-102193-0-15928100-1417668913_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Guise! My Nails gift came today. It was so so overthetop amazing, I actually had heart palpitations while opening it. Not. Even. Exaggerating.

Okay so first of all, I don't know if you can tell by this picture but there was some serious box Tetris skills being exhibited here.

post-103548-0-65204500-1417759510_thumb.jpg

Here you see everything laid out, just seconds before the carnage began.

post-103548-0-39322100-1417759638_thumb.jpg

This was for Mr. Cultfigure who declined to be photographed so he used a body double. Sea Salt Caramels from Portland where all good things come from in his mind. Coincidentally, he is a man who even salts his salad so this was perfect for him. Apparently, I'm not allowed any. We'll see. Everyone sleeps sometime.

post-103548-0-88095200-1417759743_thumb.jpg

I'm guessing that my SeSa is sharing a personal favorite here? If so, I'm in agreement that these are delicious!

post-103548-0-64530400-1417760003_thumb.jpg

Oho, I think this gives me a hint about what else is in those pretty little packages

post-103548-0-52453900-1417760114_thumb.jpg

Holy Sh...teampunk Ball Collection. Seriously?!

post-103548-0-57288500-1417760218_thumb.jpg

Cats. Boxes. Natural symbionts.

post-103548-0-49159100-1417760397_thumb.jpg

I need to stop here just for a second because I have too many pictures. To be continued.

Edited by Cultfigure
  • Like 4

Part two of the epic

GILTY! She gave me Gilty! I can't explain why I wanted this so badly but I've been looking for an alternative for at least a year so this is super exciting. I oddly only have one black polish which is actually quite crap (and about 49 near-blacks) so Raven is totally going to fill a hole in my collection that needed remedying and I was JUST thinking how I needed to pick up a good white to use with those chevrons she sent me.

post-103548-0-89899600-1417760984_thumb.jpg

These are adorable! Like little Christmas crackers!

post-103548-0-43102500-1417761476_thumb.jpg

Oh Veruschka!

post-103548-0-09635000-1417761551_thumb.jpg

And Savita!

post-103548-0-67536000-1417761613_thumb.jpg

Hey Sailor!

post-103548-0-74923000-1417761659_thumb.jpg

Ah Imogen- so sparkly

post-103548-0-24777600-1417761690_thumb.jpg

A holo! Royalty looks gorgeous

post-103548-0-66807700-1417761774_thumb.jpg

My fellow Whovian also gave me a Dalek! You would have thought the case would have foiled "The Paw" from stealing his arm but no. The cat burglar strikes again. Exterminate. Exterminate.

post-103548-0-71848400-1417761971_thumb.jpg

Look at all of this! Glory in its amazingness.

post-103548-0-82437200-1417761919_thumb.jpg

@dragonchick. I thank you. This was just stunning. Overwhelming even. Imma be honest here, there may or may not be something in my eye right now.

Edited by Cultfigure
  • Like 7

Bwaaahaahaa, I love this, loving the creativity that's being revealed in both threads! I can't wait to see who your other Santa is!!

Now I have "Here Comes Santa Claus" in stuck my head with "Here Comes Ninja Claus"

And that right there is the point that you gave yourself away.
  • Like 3

And that right there is the point that you gave yourself away.

After posting that, I figured as much. But I was so excited at the time that I couldn't resist posting that.

Anyhoo... I'm so glad that you loved everything! And good luck creeping out of that there indie hole, once you start you can't stop.

Those Oreos. I originally bought one box for me, a couple for swap boxes. It may have turned into one box for a swap, a couple for me, oops. They're that good, I'll miss them once the holidays are over, but my bum won't miss them.

The look on Mr/Ms. Body Double's face is priceless. It's almost as if kitteh doesn't want to be blamed for the consumption of candy. "I see what you did there hooman, framing me for blame by forcing me to pose with this opened bag of candy."

• Like 1

I tried to make a video to show my awesome polishes but I could not get it uploaded. So sorry. So here they are. Forgive the bad lighting and ugly carpet LOL.

post-102193-0-27457900-1418044577_thumb.jpg

I got ILNP Peace which is amazing. It's multi chrome purple, blue, pink, gold etc... So hard to capture the beauty. There was 3 minis from a brand I've never heard of but will definitely be checking out called Pretty Jelly. Artemis is the bronze holo with green shift, Hera is the plum super strong holo and Twin Jet is a super gorgeous shifter in blues, teal, green, purple.. It's amazing. Last is Loved by In The Mood which is a thermal/mood shifting polish in a light lavender to purple. I haven't tried it yet but I did Google it. I got a sample of her fav cuticle cream from Dior I believe is Dior. It's luscious!!! Lastly I got a homemade lilac soap from her hometown. It smells fantastic. I loved everything.

• Like 8

I tried to make a video to show my awesome polishes but I could not get it uploaded. So sorry. So here they are. Forgive the bad lighting and ugly carpet LOL.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I got ILNP Peace which is amazing. It's multi chrome purple, blue, pink, gold etc... So hard to capture the beauty. There was 3 minis from a brand I've never heard of but will definitely be checking out called Pretty Jelly. Artemis is the bronze holo with green shift, Hera is the plum super strong holo and Twin Jet is a super gorgeous shifter in blues, teal, green, purple.. It's amazing. Last is Loved by In The Mood which is a thermal/mood shifting polish in a light lavender to purple. I haven't tried it yet but I did Google it. I got a sample of her fav cuticle cream from Dior I believe is Dior. It's luscious!!! Lastly I got a homemade lilac soap from her hometown. It smells fantastic. I loved everything.

I'm so glad you like everything! You really pushed me to try indies for myself as well, since I really haven't experimented with many. I've been missing out! So many pretties...I'm going nuts on etsy. I had a few more minis for you on the way from Black Friday sales but had to leave town rather suddenly when I found out my grandmother was hospitalized. I hope there will be a pile of nail polish sitting on my doorstep when I get back and I will be able to mail them out to you! Post-Christmas present? 

• Like 2

OMG so I legitimately have the best Santa of all eternity in the lovely and all sorts of fabulous @@Cultfigure

I was not expecting anything and already checked my mail but the mail dude brought it to my house late tonight!! Special delivery FO SHO.

Spoiler because picture heavy!!

I was so excited I forgot to take a picture before it was unwrapped but here is my stuffs, probably sideways because MUT hates me!!

post-106039-0-31155500-1418083169_thumb.jpg

OMG seriously cutest wrap job of ALL TIME. So much GLITTER!!

post-106039-0-18272200-1418083204_thumb.jpg

Like how freaking cute is that!! It's like glitter and candy my favorite things!!!

post-106039-0-53470800-1418083271_thumb.jpg

Every one of them had these cute jokes wrapped up inside!! This one was my favorite. I promptly read them to my husband and he was not amused but don't worry he secretly liked them.

OK on to the goods!! First up post-106039-0-45964900-1418083342_thumb.jpg

Lillypad laquer in vixen wear violet! It's purple!! And it's holo!! And I fancy myself quite the vixen so it's perfect!!!

post-106039-0-77178000-1418083404_thumb.jpg

Cult nails (from cultfigure!! The best!) in mayhem!! MOAR HOLO!!!!!

post-106039-0-19792700-1418083449_thumb.jpg

Color club in halo-graphic! I have never tried color club because I can't find anywhere that sells it around me so I am SO EXCITED!! And MOAR MOAR HOLO!! I am going to be the glitziest vixen around! post-106039-0-22427900-1418083524_thumb.jpg

Sparitual winds of change!!! Cue me singing winds of change by the scorpions and my husband being completely unamused. He's such a dour fellow. Good thing this nail polish is not!! It's like....gold and pink and orange all at once!! Super excited to try it over different colors!!

post-106039-0-86436400-1418083649_thumb.jpg

And sparitual burst!! Glitterrrr!! This is going to be so perfect for the holidays! I can't wait!! post-106039-0-24693700-1418083711_thumb.jpg

China glaze be more pacific!!! I looooveeee china glaze neons like they are my favorite!! And I have zero greens this color!!

post-106039-0-56248800-1418083778_thumb.jpg

HK GIRLLLLLL! I have been wanting to try this for AGES and seriously so freaking excited to try this out. Like so excited. My head says finish my bottle of seche first but my nails say LOL YEAH RIGHT.

post-106039-0-02478200-1418083867_thumb.jpg

China glaze shore enuff!! Yasssss more neon green I LAHV IT.

post-106039-0-31219000-1418083920_thumb.jpg

And china glaze stoked to be soaked!! Do you know I don't own a true orange nail polish? I discovered this on halloweenie. now I do!! Hurry up Halloween 2015!!!

Oh my what a SERIOUSLY awesome present, that cultfigure is the best, right!?

Oh no chiles we're not done yet. Part 2 coming!!

Edited by bsquared
  • Like 5

Yokay part 2!!

So I am about to pass out from excitement when I see a little more holo paper peeking out. Hmmmmmm what have we here? post-106039-0-08630200-1418084224_thumb.jpg

Open me last...ok....following directions...

post-106039-0-74541800-1418084258_thumb.jpg

A card with kitties!!! I love kitties!!

post-106039-0-17698200-1418084309_thumb.jpg

*PASSES OUT* are you some sort of magical elf sent from Santa himself!??!? This is so freaking amazing!!

post-106039-0-79852300-1418084357_thumb.jpg

We have a tarte pigments of imagination set which I was SO SAD I MISSED BUT NOW I DID NOT MISS! A mally eyeliner in silver! I have never tried mally but I wanted to and my BFF swears by these eyeliners so I am excited to try it! And elizabeth not eyeliner in gold!! Gold all over my eyeballs....I also put them together and sang silver and gold from Rudolph and my husband just shook his head. I think it was a beautiful rendition but....ANYWAYS we also have am hourglass matte lip color!! Are you a psychic? I'm usually 100% lipgloss girl but the past month I have been on a matte kick so this is perfect! And a tivoli nail polish remover pads in spring fresh!! I have never tried these but my nails need a serious break from acetone and now they will get one!

post-106039-0-52185700-1418084592_thumb.jpg

but wait there's more!! A bare minerals best in show set!! Fun fact: I have never tried bare minerals eyeshadow and now I get eyeshadow AND a blush AND a lipstick!! I am so lucky! And the buxom mascara bar mascara! I wanted to try this! And a MUFE smoky extravagant mascara, which I HAVE tried and LOVE!!

post-106039-0-62932500-1418084715_thumb.jpg

Oh and I forgot to take a picture but all the tags on the holo candy wrapper had the formula x pods attached!!! I love formula x and these will be perfect for travel!!! And a NAIL FILE WITH A MARTINI ON IT!!! NAIL POLISH AND BOOZE ARE LIKE MY FAVORITE OF THINGS!! Oh and there is a glittery toe separator in there too which I could get a picture of because my cat stole it. Apparently she likes glitter too. I have since reclaimed it as mine.

Everything:

post-106039-0-71512400-1418084809_thumb.jpg

Seriously @@Cultfigure thank you so much. I am beyond shocked and thankful and what a thoughtful and generous gift you put together, even though I was a pain in the ass who couldn't use elfster correctly in the beginning. I am completely overwhelmed at your generosity. I'm not feeling the greatest today (migraine why you want to start!?)and I was bummed about my time off work coming to an end...but I am now so so so happy and thankful it doesn't even matter. YOU ARE YHE BEST THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH <3

• Like 8