Secret Santa NAILS 2014: Reveals!!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:santa:   :santa:   :santa:   :santa:

Were you naughty or nice?

What did Santa bring you?

Post pics in this thread!

:santa:   :santa:   :santa:   :santa:

*Cross posted from other reveal thread*

Yesterday was a great mail day! My guy checked the mail while I was at work & reported that there were "a couple of things that look fun in there".

I immediately go into high alert because the only thing I'm expecting is the last package for my Santee (Yaay! It came! So excite) so I make him describe them. As soon as he mentions the postmark on the second thing, I *know*.

I get home & pretend that I'm not looking at that tantalizing THING WITH MY NAME ON IT on the table while giving him a kiss & he laughs & tells me I should just open it already so I do.

Are you ready?

Inside is this awesome card

image.jpg

That says

image.jpg

And has these inside

image.jpg

It takes me awhile but I figure out what to do with them

image.jpg

And what not to do

image.jpg

But eventually I get it to work

image.jpg using Butter London British Racing Green and Zoya Neve

I learned a bunch of things (wait longer for the base to dry, use more contrasting colors, leave yourself a tab to pull it off etc etc) but now I have a new skill. Thanks Secret Santa!

P.S I am onto your little reindeer games Santa. (I think). And that is all I am saying about that since I might be wrong in my sneakiness assessment of you.

And then today, I came home to this!

So beautifully wrapped!

image.jpg

Here's the super adorable Snoopy & Woodstock card

image.jpg

More pretty wrapping

image.jpg

The unveiling!

image.jpg

And inside was

image.jpg

(Which I was super excited about because It's hard to get here & I hear it's really good & now I get to try it

But thenimage.jpgYuna too?!

Yet More Zoya!(sensing a theme now)

image.jpg Helllooo there, sumptuous Hunter

And finallyimage.jpgooo Dovima too?!

All together now!

image.jpgso much pretty!

I love this! All of this!! I have such a hard time paying full price for Zoyas which are way more expensive here even online plus I can't see them in person & have to rely on swatches. I also can't ever take advantage of Zoyas great sales because they don't ship here (sniff) so this was the most absolutely perfect gift ever.
Thank you so much @@ivfmommy, this was such a thoughtful & amazing gift

Last edited by a moderator:
*Cross posted from other reveal thread*

Yesterday was a great mail day! My guy checked the mail while I was at work & reported that there were "a couple of things that look fun in there".

I immediately go into high alert because the only thing I'm expecting is the last package for my Santee (Yaay! It came! So excite) so I make him describe them. As soon as he mentions the postmark on the second thing, I *know*.

I get home & pretend that I'm not looking at that tantalizing THING WITH MY NAME ON IT on the table while giving him a kiss & he laughs & tells me I should just open it already so I do.

Are you ready?

Inside is this awesome card

image.jpg

That says

image.jpg

And has these inside

image.jpg

It takes me awhile but I figure out what to do with them

image.jpg

And what not to do

image.jpg

But eventually I get it to work

image.jpg using Butter London British Racing Green and Zoya Neve

I learned a bunch of things (wait longer for the base to dry, use more contrasting colors, leave yourself a tab to pull it off etc etc) but now I have a new skill. Thanks Secret Santa!

P.S I am onto your little reindeer games Santa. (I think). And that is all I am saying about that since I might be wrong in my sneakiness assessment of you.
Also, aha! I totally *thought* that the card with the chevrons wasn't from my Nail SeSa but posted here because it was equally likely to be either. Now, it could be from my Makeup SeSa @@ivfmommy AND/OR a clever ninja Santa trying to confuse me on their behalf because of where it was postmarked OR it could be someone who wants me to THINK that that's what's going on. The old double triple bluff eh?

Also, aha! I totally *thought* that the card with the chevrons wasn't from my Nail SeSa but posted here because it was equally likely to be either. Now, it could be from my Makeup SeSa @@ivfmommy AND/OR a clever ninja Santa trying to confuse me on their behalf because of where it was postmarked OR it could be someone who wants me to THINK that that's what's going on. The old double triple bluff eh?
Bwaaahaahaa, I love this, loving the creativity that's being revealed in both threads! I can't wait to see who your other Santa is!!

Now I have "Here Comes Santa Claus" in stuck my head with "Here Comes Ninja Claus"

So I was expecting my own order for my Santa today when in my mailbox I found a priority mail box that looked bigger than what I ordered so I was totally confused. I opened it thinking it was for someone else and to my surprise it was the gift for me. I will get some pics up shortly. Thank you so much to my amazing Santa who crafted the perfect surprise for me and made my day. I had a miserable day at work and was not expecting to find polishes waiting for me.

I'm sorry I didn't mention who my Santa was @@secrethoarder you rock!!!

Guise! My Nails gift came today. It was so so overthetop amazing, I actually had heart palpitations while opening it. Not. Even. Exaggerating.

Okay so first of all, I don't know if you can tell by this picture but there was some serious box Tetris skills being exhibited here.

image.jpg

Here you see everything laid out, just seconds before the carnage began.

image.jpg

This was for Mr. Cultfigure who declined to be photographed so he used a body double. Sea Salt Caramels from Portland where all good things come from in his mind. Coincidentally, he is a man who even salts his salad so this was perfect for him. Apparently, I'm not allowed any. We'll see. Everyone sleeps sometime.

image.jpg

I'm guessing that my SeSa is sharing a personal favorite here? If so, I'm in agreement that these are delicious!

image.jpg

Oho, I think this gives me a hint about what else is in those pretty little packages

image.jpg

Holy Sh...teampunk Ball Collection. Seriously?!

image.jpg

Cats. Boxes. Natural symbionts.

image.jpg
I need to stop here just for a second because I have too many pictures. To be continued.

Part two of the epic

GILTY! She gave me Gilty! I can't explain why I wanted this so badly but I've been looking for an alternative for at least a year so this is super exciting. I oddly only have one black polish which is actually quite crap (and about 49 near-blacks) so Raven is totally going to fill a hole in my collection that needed remedying and I was JUST thinking how I needed to pick up a good white to use with those chevrons she sent me.

image.jpg

These are adorable! Like little Christmas crackers!

image.jpg

Oh Veruschka!

image.jpg

And Savita!

image.jpg

Hey Sailor!

image.jpg

Ah Imogen- so sparkly

image.jpg

A holo! Royalty looks gorgeous

image.jpg

My fellow Whovian also gave me a Dalek! You would have thought the case would have foiled "The Paw" from stealing his arm but no. The cat burglar strikes again. Exterminate. Exterminate.

image.jpg

Look at all of this! Glory in its amazingness.

image.jpg

@dragonchick. I thank you. This was just stunning. Overwhelming even. Imma be honest here, there may or may not be something in my eye right now.

And that right there is the point that you gave yourself away.
After posting that, I figured as much. But I was so excited at the time that I couldn't resist posting that.

Anyhoo... I'm so glad that you loved everything! And good luck creeping out of that there indie hole, once you start you can't stop.

Those Oreos. I originally bought one box for me, a couple for swap boxes. It may have turned into one box for a swap, a couple for me, oops. They're that good, I'll miss them once the holidays are over, but my bum won't miss them.

The look on Mr/Ms. Body Double's face is priceless. It's almost as if kitteh doesn't want to be blamed for the consumption of candy. "I see what you did there hooman, framing me for blame by forcing me to pose with this opened bag of candy."

I tried to make a video to show my awesome polishes but I could not get it uploaded. So sorry. So here they are. Forgive the bad lighting and ugly carpet LOL.

image.jpg

I got ILNP Peace which is amazing. It's multi chrome purple, blue, pink, gold etc... So hard to capture the beauty. There was 3 minis from a brand I've never heard of but will definitely be checking out called Pretty Jelly. Artemis is the bronze holo with green shift, Hera is the plum super strong holo and Twin Jet is a super gorgeous shifter in blues, teal, green, purple.. It's amazing. Last is Loved by In The Mood which is a thermal/mood shifting polish in a light lavender to purple. I haven't tried it yet but I did Google it. I got a sample of her fav cuticle cream from Dior I believe is Dior. It's luscious!!! Lastly I got a homemade lilac soap from her hometown. It smells fantastic. I loved everything.

I tried to make a video to show my awesome polishes but I could not get it uploaded. So sorry. So here they are. Forgive the bad lighting and ugly carpet LOL.

image.jpg

I got ILNP Peace which is amazing. It's multi chrome purple, blue, pink, gold etc... So hard to capture the beauty. There was 3 minis from a brand I've never heard of but will definitely be checking out called Pretty Jelly. Artemis is the bronze holo with green shift, Hera is the plum super strong holo and Twin Jet is a super gorgeous shifter in blues, teal, green, purple.. It's amazing. Last is Loved by In The Mood which is a thermal/mood shifting polish in a light lavender to purple. I haven't tried it yet but I did Google it. I got a sample of her fav cuticle cream from Dior I believe is Dior. It's luscious!!! Lastly I got a homemade lilac soap from her hometown. It smells fantastic. I loved everything.
I'm so glad you like everything! You really pushed me to try indies for myself as well, since I really haven't experimented with many. I've been missing out! So many pretties...I'm going nuts on etsy. I had a few more minis for you on the way from Black Friday sales but had to leave town rather suddenly when I found out my grandmother was hospitalized. I hope there will be a pile of nail polish sitting on my doorstep when I get back and I will be able to mail them out to you! Post-Christmas present? 

Latest posts

Back