Birchbox- Black Friday

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last year Birchbox had some amazing deals and contests during the week of Thanksgiving and on Black Friday... heres to hoping they do it again this year! A lot of people on this forum got $50 gift credits... crossing fingers that Birchbox does it again this year!

@ but it;s the only excuse I have to ride my Pegasus....
Seriously, you need an excuse to ride your Pegasus? I'm disappointed in you. Pegasi need regular exercise. 

Also, Happy Birthday!  :flowers:

The $50 credit wasn't a contest, it was a coupon code. I kind of doubt they'll do it again because she many people complained about it, but we'll see!

Honestly aside from that I don't remember last year's Black Friday being that great for Birchbox... They did that scavenger hunt thing on the site where you could find deals, but most of them were codes for items/samples with purchase. 

ETA: This is what they had last year: http://www.pinterest.com/birchbox/birchbox-holiday-shop-scavenger-hunt/

Last edited by a moderator:
The 20% off an annual subscription (today only) was better than last year's deals.

I have been wanting to try Birchbox for a while now. This is a great deal (comes to $7.33 per box) :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I missed out on today's deal! Found the email after the EST cutoff time.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
They seem to have a new renewal deal each month. I did mine in October and got two free boxes and a giant Cynthia Rowley eye shadow palette, brown eyeliner (which I thought would look stupid but works somehow with my coloring), and a cute black and gold makeup bag. The next month the special was a beauty blender kit.  I am predicting that the best deals will actually be after the holidays, when everyone is all shopped out. 

I was seriously ticked off about the Birchbox "deals" for Black Friday/Cyber Monday last year. I stalked the site, my e-mail, the Birchbox Fb page ... and it was all crappy promos like the ones listed above. I seriously doubt this year will be any better. That won't keep me from refreshing my e-mail, their Fb, or looking at every page on the website, though.

I am not hoping for anything too fantastic. I find that some "prestige" brands like Coach and Under Armour have pretty sad Black Friday deals. Usually it's 50% off one particular item or free shipping on all orders no minimum. Stuff like that.

According to Refinery29, Birchbox deals will be: "For all you sample-size lovers out there, for every $60 you spend on subscriptions (with code BOXME), you'll a get free Birchbox. If you're more of a full-sized gal, you can get 25% off all non-miniature products with the code FRIDAY25."

Sooo. I had 20.00 in credits, that I was waiting to use until the Black Friday code came out. Got the:

-Camille Beckman Glycerine Hand Therapy Lotion in Tuscan Honey. (I hated the sample for this. The smell was like plastic to me. Boyfriends mom loved it, though. She works in an E.R. and said that even after washing her hands a few times it felt like she still had lotion on. Wanted to grab it up for her for Christmas.)

-Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick Trio.(I love lipsticks. I needed lipsticks. Okay, not really. I'm so excited for all the lip products I'll be receiving. This trio, I picked the lip product for December PYS. And getting a butter balm from Ipsy. Yayyy.)

-Ruffian Matte Coat. (I like the way matte nails look. Hopefully this stuff works.)

I only had to pay 12.21 which I didn't think was bad. I seriously love the points system for BB. 

Also, not from BB, but about Black Friday. I bought my first full size Urban Decay product. Ulta had the Big Fatty Mascara as a door buster. I guess it's originally 20 dollars, and they had it marked down to 10. I thought that was pretty good, considering it's Urban Decay. Has anyone else tried this product? I used it today (long after shopping was done, lol.) and it didn't seem to do much for my top lashes. Is there a trick to it? Works wonders on my bottom lashes, though.

Also, BB... Please start carrying Aquolina in the store. It's my favorite brand for perfume, and I wish I could use points to buy it rather than cash. I'd buy it more often that way. I only buy it like.. Once every two years because it's so expensive. Help a lady out.

Latest posts

Back