• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacehtpuekam

Malicious Meanie Pants
Reaction score
It's getting to be that time again! Anyone else getting pumped for Black Friday shopping? Anything in particular you're looking for a good deal on? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I don't see a whole lot of ads posted yet (just toys!) but I'd expect we'll start to see deals leaking within the next few weeks. 

After receiving Notoriously Morbid's preview shade for their Black Friday collection in my Halloween collection order, I'm looking forward to that one!  I'm on the hardcore indie side of things, so I'm not sure we'll even see many of the collections from those companies before the release day, but I'm expecting that I will want them all.  I'm planning on spending some quality time listing things on eBay the weekend of the 15th in preparation!  Ooh, and taking cds and dvds to the used cd/dvd store!  I need to get rid of them, and if I can get some quick cash for them, all the better!

(Next weekend, I'm hoping to wrap up the Room of Doom cleaning-wise.  I've made major progress this weekend, but an IKEA run is going to have to be involved before I can completely finish it.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  IKEA can give me panic shakes, but that's the only place that has the shelving I want.  Then the next weekend is the rest of my apartment, and -- fingers crossed -- this will mean no more major cleaning after Veterans' Day, just maintenance!)

Yeah!! Black friday deals :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm hoping for Sephora's $10 deals and also hoping Ulta come's out with something similar.

And any good deals on Lorac Pro palette.

Edited for typo

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the years I've slowly transitioned from hitting up the malls on Black Friday to getting all my shopping done online. My kids haven't made their Christmas lists yet so not sure what I will be looking for for them (I think my older son wants an Ipod, so we'll see), Hubby wants a PS4 so... yeah. I am going to be watching Amazon/Best Buy/Everywhere that sells electronics for the best deal. Other places I shop:

Sephora

Disney Store

DC Shoes

Vans

Victoria's Secret

Bath & Body Works

Aaand anywhere that has good sales on things I want to give people. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm hoping to get clothes again on Black Friday - Old navy had a good deal going on last year so I stocked up on work out clothes and tights and yoga pants.

I looooved UD's lip set and I'm glad I had someone to split it with! This year I'm hoping Sephora does a $10 bottle of Purity as well!

What are all these $10 deals at Sephora everyone is speaking about. I wasn't really following them last year. And do they release all at once or one a day?

Really excited for Sephora this year since I have Rouge shipping (like it's hard to hit $50, but I don't have to if I don't want to). Ulta had good deals last year but I would need to see if it was worth a large order.

I'm hoping to get clothes again on Black Friday - Old navy had a good deal going on last year so I stocked up on work out clothes and tights and yoga pants.

I looooved UD's lip set and I'm glad I had someone to split it with! This year I'm hoping Sephora does a $10 bottle of Purity as well!
I'm with you on the clothes thing. I'm hoping Express does 50% off everything again this year because I need new jeans and I refuse to buy them at full price. 

@ black friday is my time to shine in terms of picking up staples. i think GAP did 50% off jeans for a couple years in a row (but not the last few years, i believe) so that to me made me feel like i should only pay $35 for those $70 jeans regardless of the season. Marketing at its worse! Consumer behavior at its best!

What are all these $10 deals at Sephora everyone is speaking about. I wasn't really following them last year. And do they release all at once or one a day?
All at once.  It's such a huge deal that they had to have a sort of waiting room last year on the website due to traffic.

And, ugh, three of my favorite indie companies have already announced that they're going to have special Black Friday things, and my favorite indie perfume company usually has special bonus goodies that weekend, too.  Not sales, but limited editions.  LEs are my weakness, especially if they're seasonal LEs. 

One thing that I always keep in mind is that a lot of stores will have a lot of sales between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so if you don't get what you need on Black Friday/Cyber Monday you most likely be able to buy it at the same, or sometimes cheaper price later, especially as Christmas draws nigh. It's a total balancing act, of getting the price your want before the items are unavailable.

This mostly holds true for the retailers with the greatest markup, like Best Buy, and those who trick you into shopping on Black Friday, like Bath & Body Works (hey, I do it anyways, it is all good!)

So this is why I never ever ever camp out anywhere, and why I don't understand when people physically hurt each other to get at the "deals". :wacko:

I found this about B&BW VIP bag, not sure if it's legit or not. I hope the actual bag is cute, last years was so naw. image.jpg

ETA I reaaaaally hope they bring back the mint buttercream candle.

I found this about B&BW VIP bag, not sure if it's legit or not. I hope the actual bag is cute, last years was so naw.
image.jpg

ETA I reaaaaally hope they bring back the mint buttercream candle.
I've been saving coupons like mad for BBW. I have 5x $10 off $30, and a couple free item w/purchase. Don't forget, it is the only day they will let you stack coupons!

ETA: They will also let you buy multiple VIP bags, as long as you meet the $ minimum for each one!

@@Shalott will you be able to stack online or only in-store?
Good question! I'm pretty sure it is only in-store, because I just don't think the website is cable of stacking coupons, but I don't know for sure! I do know that you can usually get the VIP bag early online, because you have to use a coupon code with that, so that way you are able to get the back bag, then use a discount on Black Friday, but I think it is just one per order. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

However, I did complain about their shipping policies and I see they are now combining free shipping on $50+ with some coupons, so that is an improvement!

My plan is going to out both Thanksgiving and Black Friday and I might do Cyber Monday.

Thursday night

-Walmart

-Target (possibly)

Walmart has great 10$ series deals and 1$ movies.

Target had a christmas movie set with free cookies and milk I believe last year so I'm all about that.

Friday morning

-Walmart

-Target

-Bath & Body Works (possibly)

-Sephora (possibly)

I don't know if I want to go to Sephora or BBW on Black Friday because I know BBW won't have my favorite candle in stores they never do. The Pumpkin Cupcake, I got in my influenster box years ago. I haven't used up my mini because I don't have any backups. I need to buy like 6. Before they go away, which could be in the next two months.

I want two of the too faced palettes in Natural at night and Cat eyes.

So, I might just save those few things for my Cyber order.

Latest posts

Back