Notoriously Morbid (non-Vanishing Cabinet)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meaganola

Uh Huh Her
Reaction score
Yay, we have a nice, comfy space to stretch out and focus on NM stuff!  It's going to be SO MUCH EASIER to track things with a dedicated thread.  I've already decided on my first order once I get my Black Friday code:  The Lost in the Lodge collection.  I have sample baggies of four of the shades, but I hate baggies and consider them useless, so I'm *really* looking forward to getting minis!  I might also toss in Elegant & Wicked while I'm at it.  I'm just *fascinated* by that book/movie. 

Anybody know how the code will come? Via email or with our orders? I'm so excited!

I have The Winchester Gospels and Elegant & Wicked collections on their way to me, as well as a small order I made last night (4 various shadows and a coffin kisser). I haven't tried NM yet and I'm so excited to!

@bsquared  For some reason, I have it in my head that it will come in the order, like Fortune Cookie Soap's $10 off codes.  I don't know for sure, though.

This weekend gave me a good sense of what it's going to be like to have the code next year. Unfortunately, I bought SO much stuff that I'm not sure when the next time is I'll need to place an order - so the code might not get used for a couple months.

On the other hand, you can never have too many Coffin Kissers, right? (I have them stowed all over the place.)

The more stuff I want to buy from NM, the happier I am that I didn't get the code. I'm not even worried about my wallet because the price is so great, but I've already nearly filled my most recent storage upgrade, so it looks like I will have to add a second. I don't have room to buy much more! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

On the other hand, you can never have too many Coffin Kissers, right? (I have them stowed all over the place.)
This is me, I have them all over the house! Purse, next to swatching lightbox, desk, bedside table, bathroom...they are one of my favorite indie lip balms!

I have the mini The Doctor Collection coming to me (this was on my Elfster wishlist, but at 40# I had to buy it JIC. I'd gladly accept backups though!) a mini Shoes to Kill For, and I wanna do girly things, A Krampus kisser, Sparkle Horse and a Kiss And Tell gloss.

I wasn't going to order kiss and tell but I read people's raves so I had to pick it up.

I wanted to get Chactice, but it's on my Elfster wishlist, and I don't want back ups of that, so I don't mind ordering it at full price later on in case I didn't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
My new credit card came in today (out of all the things I was worried about missing out on the NM VC was my biggest worry!) and I made an order for Autumn Flower, mother earth, water and intuition in minis, sparkle horse and kiss and tell lipcraft gloss.  it was barely over the $10 so I hope I get the Cermet & Paesh GWP.  I had asked on FB if it was still available and it may or may not be.

I am hoping if I don't get one I can pick one up via trade or maybe buy one.  I REALLY wanted that color!

I made an order for Autumn Flower, mother earth, water and intuition in minis, sparkle horse and kiss and tell lipcraft gloss. it was barely over the $10
Okay, I just had to highlight this part:  Three minis in stunning colors and two glosses in similarly awesome shades for just over ten bucks!  And my coworker wonders why I've stopped going to Sephora.  Uh, I have tiny indie companies to shove my money at, thankyouverymuch.

(And I realized today that loose shadows appeal to me in pretty much the same ways that fountain pens draw me in:  Kind of hard to find, tricky to use without a little bit of practice, messy as all get out if you're not careful, and once you start using them, it's hard to go back to regular pens/pressed shadows!  Alas, I need a new converter for my pen.  It's starting to come apart when I refill it.  I hate disposable cartridges.)

Okay, I just had to highlight this part:  Three minis in stunning colors and two glosses in similarly awesome shades for just over ten bucks!  And my coworker wonders why I've stopped going to Sephora.  Uh, I have tiny indie companies to shove my money at, thankyouverymuch.
Yes!  I had to try and make the cart over $10.  I initially had samples of those 3 shadows but had forgot about the 40% off so when I entered the code it was like $6.  So I upped all the sizes and still paid $10.35!

Convert all your coworkers to indies!  The VC from this month is reason enough.  I used Northman today and soooo pretty!  I kept looking at my eyelids all day!

Convert all your coworkers to indies! The VC from this month is reason enough.
Alas, I don't work with the sort of people who have any interest in indies.  They're all of the I-have-my-one-look-in-this-Lancome/Clinique/Revlon-quad-and-that's-enough-for-me persuasion.  I baffle them.  That's fine with me.  One less thing they'll want to bond over.

Alas, I don't work with the sort of people who have any interest in indies.  They're all of the I-have-my-one-look-in-this-Lancome/Clinique/Revlon-quad-and-that's-enough-for-me persuasion.  I baffle them.  That's fine with me.  One less thing they'll want to bond over.
Feel that! The few of my friends/coworkers around here to do like makeup tend to be the "whatever's cheap at the drugstore" type and believe me, I'm not above some cheap drugstore goodies but I just wish they'd explore some more and have fun with me! My only "real life" friends who are really into makeup live a couple of hours away :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

One did sign up for Ipsy a couple of months ago so I kind of hope she branches out, but let's face it, Ipsy these days is not very adventurous and just delivers more of the blah stuff that is no better than the cheap drugstore things, and in most cases, worse.

I have one friend who I suggested the VC too and she has been HEARTBROKEN to be on a waitlist so long. Then again, I think I pushed her down the indie hole haha. I have a couple friends who are leaning more into indies just for the cruelty free optons alone. Its a warm fuzzy feeling.

I have one friend who I suggested the VC too and she has been HEARTBROKEN to be on a waitlist so long. Then again, I think I pushed her down the indie hole haha. I have a couple friends who are leaning more into indies just for the cruelty free optons alone. Its a warm fuzzy feeling.
Lol now I'm picturing you leading her to a literal rabbit hole, and saying "don't worry, it'll be sparkly" and pushing her in!  :lol:

I have no ideas about the theme this month, I don't know if any of them can top last month's theme, but I just hope the shadows are just as great!

I'm pretty sure they said everyone is getting off the wait list in December, so not much longer! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lol now I'm picturing you leading her to a literal rabbit hole, and saying "don't worry, it'll be sparkly" and pushing her in!  :lol:

I have no ideas about the theme this month, I don't know if any of them can top last month's theme, but I just hope the shadows are just as great!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That sounds about right! <3

So, my order of Octobers extra VC that was placed on Halloween has been saying "electronic notification" since 11/26. Over a week....I know their TAT has been extended, but when do I email? :/

So, my order of Octobers extra VC that was placed on Halloween has been saying "electronic notification" since 11/26. Over a week....I know their TAT has been extended, but when do I email? :/
My NM orders do this too, I don't think they have someone from USPS pick them up often. It'll get checked in, don't worry.

You might want to email them.  I had an order for the same thing that I ordered 11/10/14.  I got a tracking yesterday and it updated today.

Also I ordered on Halloween (Grisly Grimoires and back from the grave shadows) and got shipping 11/19 and it arrived 11/21.

It could be since it was scanned in the day before Thanksgiving that it was put in a hamper and forgotten about in the post office in their haste to get to their holiday got forgotten to be scanned before it left and it may pop up soon.

Latest posts

Back