SquareHue January 2015 spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, the Decades Collections are starting in January and the new teaser photos are up on SqH's FB page and web site.  What does everyone think?

I don't know what to think.  The photo, unlike the Passport Collection ones, gives no hints whatsoever as to colors.  Don't know if I should re-start my sub or not.  Money is tight this time of year, with buying gifts and getting the credit card statement in January, and I think I'd scream if I got another off-white creme.  Or red.  Or brown.  Or orange.  Or yellow.

Sorry to sound like such a downer!

I'm really confused what decade is up first. I seem to recall seeing both 1900s and 1990s mentioned as the starting point in different places.

Yeah...I thought they were starting with the 1990s but the picture says 1900? Is the woman pictured the preview? I think she is 1900 and they show 2010 on the website...

The photo on their web site makes it look like they start with the 1900s and end with 2010s, which would be twelve months.  So the first one is the 1900s; at least, that's how I see it.

I dunno, I need something "wow" this year from SquareHue, not just a theme with another name.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just reactivated my account. I love the idea of reliving the decades, especially the beginning of the century. 20s, 30s, Art Deco! I'm all excited to see what they'll do, regardless of the colors. I'm in for the first few at least.

I received the email for the 10 for 12 deal on the yearly sub today. If you've been a subscriber long enough to be paying only $14.99 a month then this is definitely not a good deal for you. They use the $14.99 + $5.00 shipping pricepoint to determine the amount for the 10 months you'd be paying for.

Yup, as soon as I got that email, I did the math and moved on. I'm kind of curious how many from-the-very-first-box subscribers are left.

I skipped for Dec, as I didn't need any more Christmas colours, but reactivated for Jan. I am really liking this decades theme, and I hope they listened to the survey they recently sent and will include more interesting shades/finishes. 

I considered doing the $199 deal but I'm not as excited after mid-century. I really want the first 6 decades but would rather wait and see after that. They do need some color hints.

I've been around since the beginning, who else has stuck around the whole time?

I've been around since the beginning, who else has stuck around the whole time?
I have been subbed since the second month with a few skips along the way. But I did get a package from them in the mail today that wasn't my December box which I received last week. No pics yet, I'll take some later and post them, but inside was a cuticle oil, base and top coat. The card inside says "Because of your longstanding Square Hue membership, we felt you should be among the first to experience this yet unreleased nail care system as our way of saying Thanks."  I'm impressed.

I have been subbed since the second month with a few skips along the way. But I did get a package from them in the mail today that wasn't my December box which I received last week. No pics yet, I'll take some later and post them, but inside was a cuticle oil, base and top coat. The card inside says "Because of your longstanding Square Hue membership, we felt you should be among the first to experience this yet unreleased nail care system as our way of saying Thanks."  I'm impressed.
I just received that today!  Very cool surprise.  It actually distracted me from opening my Hello Waffle Visage package!

(I've been subscribed from the beginning and have not skipped a single month.  I forgot to mention that part earlier.)

That is very cool.  I love when companies go the next step to make you feel special.  It's not a necessary thing but it's a thoughtful gesture and that's what makes it so awesome.  Would love to see pics when you can.

I was so surprised when I got home today that I got the nail care set too! I have only been subscribed since last December and have skipped 2 months, so I don't know how they decided who would receive one. I am very happy to have gotten it though! I can always use more base/top coat and I love that the cuticle oil has a brush...I have always wanted to try that style.

I've been subscribed since the second month but was able to get the first month's colors eventually.  Didn't get any nail care set today, but I've skipped a lot of months, especially in the last year.

Is it childish that I feel very disappointed in not getting one of those nail care sets?  I've been with SqH since almost the beginning and featured their polishes on my blog many times.  Sulk.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Is it childish that I feel very disappointed in not getting one of those nail care sets?  I've been with SqH since almost the beginning and featured their polishes on my blog many times.  Sulk.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I wonder if they used "over x number of boxes" taken as a metric for the nail care gift.

I tried the base and top coat last night and almost wonder if they were labelled backwards or something. The top coat took a while to dry and it dried sticky, almost like a base coat whereas the base coat dried quickly. When I get some free time I'm thinking about emailing them asking if the stickiness on the top coat is normal.

@@TheSilverNail I don't think you're wrong at all to be upset, you have been a member long enough that you should have qualified for the gift.

@@DragonChick, I noticed that the top coat has a pink tint and thought it was weird, especially since the base coat is clear. I use an OPI base/top coat a lot and they are the opposite (pink base/clear top). I haven't tried them yet, but please let us know if you email them and their response because sometimes their labels have had errors.

Latest posts

Back