MAC vs. Makeup Geek vs. Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyeshadows

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm looking to do a major eyeshadow overhaul and I'm needing some opinions of what to go with. MAC is always obviously a standout, but I've heard Makeup Geek eyeshadows are comparable and much cheaper. Now I'm hearing all about how good the new Anastasia Beverly Hills singles are, and I'm totally torn between the three!! I would love to save as much money as possible, but I also really want the best quality. So I'd love to hear what you guys prefer and your opinions of the pros and cons of each eyeshadow brands!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I haven't tried the Anastasia shadows. I will say that if you're willing to spend some cash, Urban Decay shadows are amazing. I love my MAC shadows (I have.. uh... tons). MUG gets great reviews, and I have some coming for Christmas, so I'm really looking forward to trying them out. 

I will note that Coastal Scents' shadows can be very spotty in quality. Some of them are not very pigmented, and some are like WHOA. They're one of the budget options, which is why I mention them.

Hey guys! I'm looking to do a major eyeshadow overhaul and I'm needing some opinions of what to go with. MAC is always obviously a standout, but I've heard Makeup Geek eyeshadows are comparable and much cheaper. Now I'm hearing all about how good the new Anastasia Beverly Hills singles are, and I'm totally torn between the three!! I would love to save as much money as possible, but I also really want the best quality. So I'd love to hear what you guys prefer and your opinions of the pros and cons of each eyeshadow brands!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I bought the Beverly Hills Brow Pencil which has been wonderful so I treated myself in smoky eyeshadow colours and it's amazing. I've always swore by wearing MAC but times have changed and you need to try it NOW!! The price tag is so worth it x

I haven't tried the Anastasia shadows. I will say that if you're willing to spend some cash, Urban Decay shadows are amazing. I love my MAC shadows (I have.. uh... tons). MUG gets great reviews, and I have some coming for Christmas, so I'm really looking forward to trying them out.

I will note that Coastal Scents' shadows can be very spotty in quality. Some of them are not very pigmented, and some are like WHOA. They're one of the budget options, which is why I mention them.
Thanks! Urban Decay and Coastal Scents is actually what makes up my current stash that I'm wanting to update! I still love my UD shadows, but for some reason, I'm just not as in love with them as I used to be, which is why I want to try something new!

I bought the Beverly Hills Brow Pencil which has been wonderful so I treated myself in smoky eyeshadow colours and it's amazing. I've always swore by wearing MAC but times have changed and you need to try it NOW!! The price tag is so worth it x
Woohoo! Glad to hear it! Did you get any matte shades from ABH? I saw someone's review that said the matte shades were difficult to blend, but most others just rave about them all!

Thanks! Urban Decay and Coastal Scents is actually what makes up my current stash that I'm wanting to update! I still love my UD shadows, but for some reason, I'm just not as in love with them as I used to be, which is why I want to try something new! And Coastal Scents...well, let's just say I'm mad at myself for wasting money on all those 88 color palettes forever ago, hahah!
I don't know how the megapalettes compare, but the singles, and the Fall Festival Palette, made me quite happy. Some of the colors I've sampled from Revealed and Revealed 2 seemed pretty unpigmented, but the others were generally quite nicely pigmented. 

The coastal scents hot pots are quite nice, I think. You may get one here and there that isn't super great quality but for $1.99 (they always have these on sale for $.99) they are worth trying.

I actually own every Makeup Geek eye shadow, including the new foiled ones and they are my go-to now. Super pigmented, blendible and so affordable! There are one or two that aren't my favorites but every brand is going to have shadows that aren't perfect. MUG all the way. 

Another company you may want to look into is Inglot. They sell individual shadows for $7 or $8 dollars and they are phenomenal!

Thanks for the feedback!! I ended up ordering a bunch of Anastasia Beverly Hills shadows, since I just kept hearing such awesome things about them. I plan on getting some MUG shadows to try soon as well!

Have you considered Yaby or Inglot eye shadows?

I received some make-up geek eyeshadows for christmas. I'm in love with the quality of them. I would definitely recommended them.

Latest posts

Back