Indie bath products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meaganola

Uh Huh Her
Reaction score
I'm sure we'll end up with threads for individual companies, but here's a good place to ask things like:  Who has the best whipped/cream soaps?  Who sells bath bombs?  Or my current quest:  Does anyone remember Lush Skinny Dip?  Is there a company that produces a dupe, even if it's just the scent?

@@meaganola will this thread sufffice for indie perfumers as well, or should we make another thread solely devtoted to perfume? You know I love talking about my fragrances! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
There is some overlap between bath & body products and perfume oil, but I think it would be nice to give perfume its own thread.

There is some overlap between bath & body products and perfume oil, but I think it would be nice to give perfume its own thread.
My thoughts exactly.  I just haven't gotten around to creating a perfume thread yet (I have a kitty with a serious case of the cuddles this evening, and it makes typing difficult and slow going), so please feel free to start one!

I was so tempted to order some more HoG Yule release since they have minis available, but my wallet is begging me not too.

Okay guys, what are your favorite indie bath bombs? I'd really like to find some that are epic and make the water pretty colors, etc. like Lush ones do.

Okay guys, what are your favorite indie bath bombs? I'd really like to find some that are epic and make the water pretty colors, etc. like Lush ones do.
I'm interested in this question as well! So far I've only tried HoG bath bombs, which were good, but not Lush status (though not Lush prices either!). The HoG ones were fairly moisturizing, but not pretty colors or bubbly. The scents were there but not crazy strong. 

I am lucky enough to have not had a bad experience with indie bath products yet!! So far I've tried:

Haus of Gloi: Love there stuff, numerous purchases, their scents are so amazing.

Purple Cat: Love her too, only tried the body butter but it is really nice, smells good, more of a whipped consistency than HoG.

Savor: LOOOVEEEE love love. Pumpkin Eggnog is my new crack. So much CINNAMON. Her whipped soaps are so nice. Love her.

XPolisve Cosmetics: I haven't opened any of the stuff I ordered yet but she had crazy fast shipping!!

I don't have a working bath (the faucet on my tub exploded) so I haven't tried any of my indie bath bombs yet! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But someone had posted the idea ages ago to break them up into a foot spa. My hubby has been threatening to get me a foot spa for years, and this year I told him to go head! I hope he does - then I can use my bombs! :lol:

I'm going to put this opinion out there - over the past few months I've collected quite a few of the HoG Pumpkin Butters and the Alchemic Muse Body Whips, and I am finding more and more that I prefer the Body Whips. Imo, they are thicker and more moisturizing, which is what I need this time of year. In fact, over all I find that AM's products just work better with my chemistry than HoG.

Haus of Gloi's Vice will always be my holy grail though. I can never get enough of everything and anything in that scent!

I haven't ordered from many but I'm going to wait until after SS is over to reveal every indie bath company I've tried  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oregon friends-- have you heard of/bought Bombshell Bath products? I found them on Facebook today and am considering getting products from them. It looks like they have good stuff for sensitive skin and also solid shampoo bars. (http://www.bombshellbath.com/products.html)

How do you all use your bubbling scrubs or whipped soap?

Do you use a wash cloth or just hands or what. So far I find it best to just use my hands, but I don't know if that's the best way to use it.

Do you use a wash cloth or just hands or what. So far I find it best to just use my hands, but I don't know if that's the best way to use it.
Loofah for whipped soap. Scoop out a little, put it on a wet loofah, lather, and wash. Most of them get really sudsy! For the scrubs I tend to just use my hands.

Japanese scrubbing cloth. I've been using them for 25 years (ack, that long? Yeesh) with soap, shower gel, whipped soaps, you name it. I actually get thrown when I am not home and have to use a washcloth.

Japanese scrubbing cloth. I've been using them for 25 years (ack, that long? Yeesh) with soap, shower gel, whipped soaps, you name it. I actually get thrown when I am not home and have to use a washcloth.
I think @@ohsailor posted something about these a week or two ago.  Are they reusable like a bath poof?  Or do they need to be washed between usage like a washcloth?  I am interested in trying them, but was not sure if I can start with an order of one or two, or if I need enough to last between laundry cycles.

I think @@ohsailor posted something about these a week or two ago. Are they reusable like a bath poof? Or do they need to be washed between usage like a washcloth? I am interested in trying them, but was not sure if I can start with an order of one or two, or if I need enough to last between laundry cycles.
Like a bath pouf. They're made out of the same stuff. I actually just have one, and I don't wash it any more frequently than once a week or so.

I just got my GDE mystery bags from the black friday sale, and each one had a little sample of CocoaPink body butters...and they smell freakin' amazing (super sweet, but sometimes that's what I want at this time of year).  

The scents I got are Cotton Candy Canes and Strawberry Noel. Definitely interested in ordering some more of the body butters and some scrubs now that I've smelled a couple of their scents...so, for those of you who have tried CocoaPink, any scents you particularly like? They have a TON.

I just got my GDE mystery bags from the black friday sale, and each one had a little sample of CocoaPink body butters...and they smell freakin' amazing (super sweet, but sometimes that's what I want at this time of year).

The scents I got are Cotton Candy Canes and Strawberry Noel. Definitely interested in ordering some more of the body butters and some scrubs now that I've smelled a couple of their scents...so, for those of you who have tried CocoaPink, any scents you particularly like? They have a TON.
I'll be honest, I'm not a huge CP fan, but like you said their list is SUPER EXTENSIVE! I've tried about 25 scents total, and there's two scents that I like, but they're both seasonal...

Green Apple Noel - Sweet, juicy crisp Granny Smith apples with lashings of Vanilla Bean Noel.

Bonfire Pumpkins - This scent started out as an accident then turned into my personal all time favorite scent. This year I decided to share. We accidentally mixed Pumpkin porridge with Marshmallow Fireside and created a sensational creamy bonfire scent with notes of maple oats drizzled with pure golden clover honey, a pinch of muscovado sugar all topped with a dollop of sugared pumpkin puree plus toasted vanilla marshmallows over a roaring fire. This is a smoky scent.

I absolutely adore Green Apple Noel! It's so wonderful, I think it would work for any of CP products. Bonfire Pumpkins is great as well, but it is very smokey!!

Also, if you're into hair care I'd try some of CP products. I think their hair products are their best products!

Latest posts

Back