So I just showered and decided to try out the bpal Dorian that meaganola sent me and hot damn, need more of this in my life immediately!

Heh.  So was what I told you it smelled like remotely correct?  Because I have weird synesthesia that runs how I describe scent, and I have *no clue* whether it makes sense to anyone else.

(And the catch is that what I sent you is four and a half years old.  Aging does *magical* things to certain scents, and Dorian happens to be one of them.  If you order a bottle today, it's not going to smell quite the same.)

ETA:  Dorian was created for the perfumer's then-boyfriend/now-husband, Ted.  Although it was created for a guy, it is unisex, but not unisex like CK One.  It's more unisex like "everyone smells *amazing* in this stuff."

Edited by meaganola
  • Like 1

Heh.  So was what I told you it smelled like remotely correct?  Because I have weird synesthesia that runs how I describe scent, and I have *no clue* whether it makes sense to anyone else.

(And the catch is that what I sent you is four and a half years old.  Aging does *magical* things to certain scents, and Dorian happens to be one of them.  If you order a bottle today, it's not going to smell quite the same.)

ETA:  Dorian was created for the perfumer's then-boyfriend/now-husband, Ted.  Although it was created for a guy, it is unisex, but not unisex like CK One.  It's more unisex like "everyone smells *amazing* in this stuff."

Ha, yes, an apt description ;)

The only other one I've hadva chance to try so far is Dragon's Milk, which I really liked for the first couple of hours, but then it turned into the exact scent of the incense an ex used to burn all of the time, so then I felt a little weird about it...will still try a couple more times though!

I need more perfumes. I'm anxiously waiting for my HoG order since this is my first foray into perfume oil. I don't want to go too crazy and order too much stuff before I know if this is the life for me hahahh.

• Like 1

I need more perfumes. I'm anxiously waiting for my HoG order since this is my first foray into perfume oil. I don't want to go too crazy and order too much stuff before I know if this is the life for me hahahh.

I'm loving the cocoapink stuff I got and you can get 6 drams for 18 plus shipping! If you like gourmand scents they have soooooooo many!

I'm loving the cocoapink stuff I got and you can get 6 drams for 18 plus shipping! If you like gourmand scents they have soooooooo many!

Your post on them actually got me checking them out earlier! It sounds right up my alley.

• Like 1

Oooooo what did you order?

I'm wearing HoG blood orange marshmallow today and this stuff last so well!! Still smells like I just put it on

• Like 3

Oooooo what did you order?

I'm wearing HoG blood orange marshmallow today and this stuff last so well!! Still smells like I just put it on

I was so tempted to order all of the v-day perfumes, but I kept my first order small just to *make sure* I actually like the stuff first, so for perfume oils I'm waiting on Who Needs Love and Come Hither, but then I also got First Blush in the bubbling scrub, and Who Needs Love sugar exfoliant (this just sounds like it will be perfect) and a butter bomb in Pink Champagne.

• Like 1

Man, I can't believe that this whole thing for me started with BPAL

Edited by Director

I also got my scents from Alkemia. LOVE. The Moroccan Tea is my favorite ever. If you've ever shopped at Fresh & Easy and had the Moroccan Mint Tea, that is what this smells like plus some musk. It isn't super light, as if it would just disappear, it is grounded, but lovely and fresh. It is literally aromatherapy, so calming.

@@Shalott, I received my order today :)

I love the moroccan mint - I first smell the mint (which is more complex than peppermint) then the wonderful dry down of the tea

samples:

faerie queen - a light strawberry, a little vanilla, a little earthy with some patchouli - this is such a nice spring time scent  - it is not fruity or too vanilla - just the right mix

offering - very woodsy, resin with incense - this is just amazing and so sexy

I am going to be purchasing full sizes of those 2 samples - offering is sold out, but next paycheck - I will be asking her if she is going to restock that.

• Like 1

@@biancardi Yes, that's another thing I love - they send samples based on what seem to be your scent preferences! I've tried several I can't wait to get in full size! Offering sounds amazing, too - I might see if I can't get a sample of that one as well. :o

• Like 1

Also, I wonder if I can get someone to trade a Hug of Death for one of my Ghost Puffs... I'm desperate.

Did you get a Hug of Death?  If not, I will have one for you.

So, I got my cocoa pink order yesterday.

Thanks ohsailor for the caramel popcorn balls rec! It kind of smells like lucky charms on me and I love it, so. Far I've also tried boo boo lemon Noel, which. Is really nice and smells like lemon cookies, and Haunted Carnival, which smells like cara,el apples and kettle corn, still have 3 to try :)

The sample I got was black marshmallow body butter...and it smells exactly like play-doh until it dries down? So weird!

I find that CocoaPink's body butters make scents smell soooo different than they usually do. Let me know what you think of their other scents (here or FB) and I'll give you some recs/send some others to you

Did you get a Hug of Death?  If not, I will have one for you.

YOU ARE MY QUEEN PMING YOU NOW. THIS IS WHY WHAT IS HAPPENING MAKES ME SO SAD, I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE THIS FAMILY

• Like 2

@@ohsailor Hug of Death is up for preorder!! I just saw this now since I've been out all day, here's the link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/220842601/reddit-preorder-of-guilt-rhug-of-death?ref=shop_home_active_8

Thank you!!! I just checked my etsy mail- my message got to her I think haha! PMing Mari to see what to do, but THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TELLING ME!!