I picked up Lokelani tonight from Black Violet... I waffled between waiting for a sale or not, but decided that getting down with the DC Valentine's release is stressful enough, so I don't need to be a sale ninja all over the internet. :lol: I can't wait until it get's here!

Anyone else excited for the BlackBox? I feel like March is never going to come, but I know it will sneak up on me so quickly - I've been watching her FB (one of the few that shows up in my feed) and I don't think she's mentioned how many slots there will be? But it is only quarterly, so it will probably be pricey; hopefully those two things will combine to make a decent number of openings! :o

• Like 1

I'm crossing my fingers about Blackbox, but my sub karma has been so strong over the past year that I know it must come to an end some time soon, so I'm not holding my breath.  I'm still going to set an alarm and try for it when the specific time is announced!

In perfume news, my scent o' the day!  BPAL Pursue Rabbit: 

vanilla-infused sandalwood with wild black tobacco, white tea leaf, matcha, white musk, orange blossom, pale incense, and opium tar.

It was created as a Kickstarter reward for Century Guild, an art gallery in Los Angeles, and inspired by a piece by the artist Gail Potocki from her Fragmented Alice series.  It was limited to fifty bottles, and the Kickstarter levels that included it sold out in something like fifteen minutes after it was announced.  Speaking of indie karma, I was lucky enough to get one of the Kickstarter slots.  Oh, man, I *love* this scent, but I rarely wear it due to its very, *very* limited nature.

Haus of Gloi just sent out a newsletter for their valentines release this 1/25!  Who Needs Love sounds amazing

2.jpg
Valentine's Release Jan 25th at Noon PST

77.jpg

Hey everyone! Our Valentines release is going to be short and sweet this year. There are a few formula changes on some returning scents and we've got two new scents we're adding to the lineup. Risque is less sharp and much more smooth of a scent this year. We're using a softer leather note and have dropped the agarwood attar in place of a lovely warm amber incense note. First Blush is our newest scent and it's a lovely fresh spring scent. There's another new blend as well, but I think I'll let that be a surprise as you read on!

Who Needs Love

A mahogany box filled with chocolaty orbs, coated in crystallized coffee, filled with a pomegranate and raspberry filling. (Bubbling scrub, Emulsifying scrub, Pumpkin butter, Whipped soap, Perfume oil, Hair oil)

Odette

Clean sun dried linens, tuberose, ginger lily and white musk.
(Bubbling scrub, Emulsifying scrub, Pumpkin butter, Whipped soap, Perfume oil, Hair oil)

First Blush

Tahitian vanilla bean, white tea, lavender and peach.
(Bubbling scrub, Emulsifying scrub, Pumpkin butter, Whipped soap, Perfume oil, Hair oil)

Cozy Rose

Cozy Sweater and our Rose City blended together harmoniously.

Risque

A leather whip, red musk, cast aside roses and an intoxicating touch of amber incense.
(Pumpkin butter, Whipped soap, Perfume oil, Hair oil)

Come Hither

Based off of traditional herbs and roots used in Hoodoo to draw and attract a lover, or entice the one you've already ensnared! Bourbon vanilla, tonka bean, a touch of rose oil, Queen Elizabeth (orris) root, saffron and a touch of honey to sweeten the whole deal.
(Pumpkin butter, Perfume oil, Hair oil)

BUTTERBOMBS

Milk & Carnation

A blend of soft milk and carnations.

Pink Champagne

Bubbly champagne with strawberries and pink grapefruit.

Hot Wax

Warm sweet beeswax.

Lavender Forest

A blend of Bulgarian lavender, scots pine, amyris and frankincense.

LIP BALMS

Red Velvet Cake

Pink Champagne

Cocoa Rose

Vanilla Cherry

Edited by biancardi
  • Like 2

Basically, I need all of this except Odette (which sounds terrible to me)...ahh...hope there is still stuff left when I get paid a few days after it releases! . <3 <3l

• Like 1

I will also have to add the butterbombs of pink champagne & hot wax..

@yousoldtheworld  hopefully, there will be some items left!!

@@biancardi ughhh it all sounds great! I am definitely going to get Come Hither, sample of Risque and Who Needs Love, probably pumpkin butter of WNL, and Red Velvet and Vanilla Cherry balms. 

I think I'm going to get

• Odette in a whipped soap and perfume sample (it's either going to be awesome or terrible, I can't tell which, but it reminds me of Velvet Tuberose from B&BW)
  • Come Hither perfume sample
  • Who Needs Love pumpkin butter if I can get a mini
  • First Blush....not sure what yet. It sounds so great but I'm having trouble deciding.

Not even considering bath bombs or lip balms to soften this financially. 

Edited by kaitlin1209
  • Like 1

I am doing 

• Sample of Risque, First Blush
  • Decants of hair oil of Who Needs Loves and First Blush
  • Splitting a bottle of Come Hither perfume oil with Mari 
  • Who Needs Love Pumpkin Butter (hopefully FS)
  • Red Velvet Lip Balm (maaaaybe Vanilla Cherry too) 
  • Something special for Ella 
  • Like 2

Here's my shopping list:

• ​Perfume samples of all scents
  • First Blush and Who Needs Love Pumpkin Butters, probably minis
  • Possibly First Blush whipped soap if I want to break my low buy rules
  • All the Butterbombs
  • All the lip balms
  • And 3 hair oils I'm splitting with friends
  • Like 2

If I perchance decided I want to smell like cake what perfumes would you recommend? Also, any really good fruit scented perfumes? 

Cake:

• Sixteen92 Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
  • Haus of Gloi and Solstice Scents have some cake scents for spring

Fruit:

• ​Black Violet Celebration, Lilikoi, Red Lotus, Candy Rocket (coming soon)
  • Haus of Gloi Imp, Komodo (Summer collection) Beguiled (Summer), Sanctum (Summer), Zazz (Summer), Litchi Milk Tea
  • Ten Three Labs Artificial Angels, Where the Glory in the Crowning
  • Darling Clandestine Small Saga, Pyrotechnik, Morderteile Kelah
Edited by Kelly Silva

If I perchance decided I want to smell like cake what perfumes would you recommend? Also, any really good fruit scented perfumes? 

The Cake is a Lie by One Hand Washes The Other, and Sweetness by Little Batch Apothecary. Both smell like a glazed lemon poundcake. OHWTO's is lighter and slightly less lemony, or at least it is in the solid version. Both have great staying power.

I've asked this before on IMAM, but I'm wondering if anyone here could give me suggestions! I'm looking for a perfume that's mostly mossy with minimal woody scent -- and ideally with a tiny bit of white flower and/or musk. I got DC's Serpentina based on someone's suggestion and it's almost there, but not quite. It's too sweet/grassy and too sharp -- I'm looking for something more mellow. Though Serpentina was a good amount of "green", if that makes sense.

Also, I'm happy that HoG's new collection doesn't appeal to me, except for maybe one or two scents. Thank goodness -- the less I buy while the Canadian dollar is down, the better.

I'm so excited for that one. I'm such a sucker for scents like that!

I've heard it's a pretty close dupe for Ghost Puffs, so I asked for a sample in my last order! (I LOVE THEIR SCENTS. LOOOVE. But I haaate how long the TAT has become!)

• Like 1

Haus of Gloi just sent out a newsletter for their valentines release this 1/25!  Who Needs Love sounds amazing

2.jpg

Valentine's Release Jan 25th at Noon PST

77.jpg

Hey everyone! Our Valentines release is going to be short and sweet this year. There are a few formula changes on some returning scents and we've got two new scents we're adding to the lineup. Risque is less sharp and much more smooth of a scent this year. We're using a softer leather note and have dropped the agarwood attar in place of a lovely warm amber incense note. First Blush is our newest scent and it's a lovely fresh spring scent. There's another new blend as well, but I think I'll let that be a surprise as you read on!

Who Needs Love

A mahogany box filled with chocolaty orbs, coated in crystallized coffee, filled with a pomegranate and raspberry filling. (Bubbling scrub, Emulsifying scrub, Pumpkin butter, Whipped soap, Perfume oil, Hair oil)

Odette

Clean sun dried linens, tuberose, ginger lily and white musk.

First Blush

Tahitian vanilla bean, white tea, lavender and peach.

Cozy Rose

Cozy Sweater and our Rose City blended together harmoniously.

Risque

A leather whip, red musk, cast aside roses and an intoxicating touch of amber incense.

(Pumpkin butter, Whipped soap, Perfume oil, Hair oil)

Come Hither

Based off of traditional herbs and roots used in Hoodoo to draw and attract a lover, or entice the one you've already ensnared! Bourbon vanilla, tonka bean, a touch of rose oil, Queen Elizabeth (orris) root, saffron and a touch of honey to sweeten the whole deal.

(Pumpkin butter, Perfume oil, Hair oil)

BUTTERBOMBS

Milk & Carnation

A blend of soft milk and carnations.

Pink Champagne

Bubbly champagne with strawberries and pink grapefruit.

Hot Wax

Warm sweet beeswax.

Lavender Forest

A blend of Bulgarian lavender, scots pine, amyris and frankincense.

LIP BALMS

Red Velvet Cake

Pink Champagne

Cocoa Rose

Vanilla Cherry

I NEED First Blush and Come Hither, NEEEEED, and I'd like to try Cozy Rose, maybe a sample of Risque. Vanilla Cherry and Pink Champagne lip balms sound good too. Excited! Thanks for reminding me about this!

The Cake is a Lie by One Hand Washes The Other, and Sweetness by Little Batch Apothecary. Both smell like a glazed lemon poundcake. OHWTO's is lighter and slightly less lemony, or at least it is in the solid version. Both have great staying power.

A PERFUME BASED ON PORTAL?? I must check out One Hand Washes The Other...

@@ohsailor, pllllz peep the HoG list and let me know whatchu wannnnt :P

I didn't even see this!! I feel bad because I want so much. I'm thinking:

Come Hither in  full perfume, and hair oil

First Blush in full perfume, hair oil, whipped soap

Cozy Rose in full perfume, maybe hair oil but probably not (I'm always afraid I'm going to fall in love with a fragrance and regret not getting everything when I could!)

Sample of Risque

Lippies in Red Velvet (if it includes the frosting in the smell/flavor... I know that's weird, but that's what makes red velvet for me lol) and Vanilla Cherry

Maybe PM me?? Like maybe you just get the products in First Blush and I do everything else. Or just get the whipped soaps and lippies and I'll get the perfumes and and hair oils. There's no way I'm letting you get all of that, AT FREAKING ALL, AND DON'T YOU DARE DO IT, because I've asked for so much already. Ahhhh seriously you don't have to get me anything

I've asked this before on IMAM, but I'm wondering if anyone here could give me suggestions! I'm looking for a perfume that's mostly mossy with minimal woody scent -- and ideally with a tiny bit of white flower and/or musk. I got DC's Serpentina based on someone's suggestion and it's almost there, but not quite. It's too sweet/grassy and too sharp -- I'm looking for something more mellow. Though Serpentina was a good amount of "green", if that makes sense.

Also, I'm happy that HoG's new collection doesn't appeal to me, except for maybe one or two scents. Thank goodness -- the less I buy while the Canadian dollar is down, the better.

You could try Oakmoss Gown by Black Violet.

• Like 1

I didn't even see this!! I feel bad because I want so much. I'm thinking:

Come Hither in  full perfume, and hair oil

First Blush in full perfume, hair oil, whipped soap

Cozy Rose in full perfume, maybe hair oil but probably not (I'm always afraid I'm going to fall in love with a fragrance and regret not getting everything when I could!)

Sample of Risque

Lippies in Red Velvet (if it includes the frosting in the smell/flavor... I know that's weird, but that's what makes red velvet for me lol) and Vanilla Cherry

Maybe PM me?? Like maybe you just get the products in First Blush and I do everything else. Or just get the whipped soaps and lippies and I'll get the perfumes and and hair oils. There's no way I'm letting you get all of that, AT FREAKING ALL, AND DON'T YOU DARE DO IT, because I've asked for so much already. Ahhhh seriously you don't have to get me anything

I love how similar our tastes are <3 <3 makes you so easy to shop for!! I'll PM you in a sec, gotta check something first! 

Hm, I'm not going to be around for the first few hours of the HoG Valentine release.  Assuming it's a stampede like past releases, maybe I'll just wait and see if there's a re-release.  Plus then I can get impressions from all you lovely ladies :)

Or maybe I'll just get lucky and there will be some leftovers of the stuff I want when I get home!  I love leather based scents, so I want to try Risque, and Odette sounds different from anything I have right now, so I'm curious about that one.  The rest, they sound good, but I'll live if I don't get em. 

@ Apparently their VDay release isn't as much as a *bleep*show as Fall/Winter so maybe you'll luck out on the initial release?? 

• Like 1

I have too many orders coming. -_- I placed an order from the Alchemic Muse VDay release and pared it down from a $60 order to a $24 one... ugh, I could have bought everything, but I got the Voodoo perfume oil and the Jezebel body gloss. I have a Hair Mist back-up, or I would have gotten another one, plus several Body Whips and perfumes.

I've also ordered from Alkemia - not one that gets a lot of mention, but they have lovely scents, and the TAT and shipping time are good, pretty much on par with say, DC. I got the 3/$30 with Moroccan Tea (my FAVORITE), Falling Stars on Winter Solstice, and New Orleans Love Spell. The love spell one is the only one of the three I am buying blind because they didn't have in stock the one I wanted, ah well.

I'm trying to take advantage of these late winter releases because I don't usually tend to favor spring/summer scents - I like heavy fragrance, and fruits/fresh florals give me the headaches, LOL. :ph34r: So I will probably be trying some of the permanent scents from different companies over the summer.

• Like 1