The Pantone Color of the Year 2015 is ....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
 18-1438 Marsala!

hrbJ2sQ.jpg

What do y'all think? Personally, I'm just surprised they went with another purple-type color two years in a row (not that I'm complaining because I adore purple makeup.)

After a lot of years of bright or vivid colors, this one's pretty muted. It's a nice change.

What are some of the makeup you already know that use this color? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The two I can think of off the top of my mind are theBalm Instain Pinstripe and Julep Malala (probably also because of the similarity in the two names...)

Oh, no just ......no. I don't like it. That might be a good thing considering how much I spent on the Sephora colab this year.

Womp. It looks like the 90's lip trend that I'm already incredibly over (mainly because it looks terrible on me lol)

Ooh, this will be a good lip color year for me! This shade looks good with my coloring but I never wear it because it isn't very "modern"...but now I have an excuse!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought an Inglot lip color in that shade! I'd also love a blush in that color and I would wear it much more than the gorgeous radiant orchid palette I bought.

I'm not sure I can pull off mulled wine/muted brick red on my lips. Maybe as a winter blush...

The two I can think of off the top of my mind are theBalm Instain Pinstripe and Julep Malala (probably also because of the similarity in the two names...)
I was actually JUST thinking about this color when I was thinking about blushes. It doesn't look anything like Marsala on the pan but that's definitely how it applies on my skin. 

I have several lipsticks and nail polishes in that shade, so I'm all set. It looks like a plummy mauve to me.

ETA: All the Marsala I have ever had for drinking and cooking are a beautiful golden color, so the name is confusing to me

@@Shalott I remember Revlon's "Toast of New York" being so popular in the 90s along with any all brown lipsticks! Gah, people ran around oblivious to the fact that they looked as if the had just snacked on a fresh turd. Not a fan, can you tell?
Ha ha, I had Toast of New York! But I always thought Revlon lipsticks smelled like my grandma (I was a teen in the 90's) so I never wore it. But man, it is a seriously fine line between pretty neutral and poop brown! :lol:

18-1438 Marsala!

hrbJ2sQ.jpg

What do y'all think? Personally, I'm just surprised they went with another purple-type color two years in a row (not that I'm complaining because I adore purple makeup.)

After a lot of years of bright or vivid colors, this one's pretty muted. It's a nice change.

What are some of the makeup you already know that use this color? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yay!!! Thank you for starting this thread! I had been wondering about the color of the year.

I was thinking the same thing- it's not too terribly different from radiant orchid- I mean, in color theory, anyway.

I have to say, I like it. I'd wear this color for sure in clothing. I think lip shades like that look best on me, so I'm kind of excited.

I actually really like this color. Reminds me of the Fresh Lip Treatment in Honey. 

For some reason Yahoo news has an article on the new color of the year and highlights lots of Sephora + Pantone Universe items that aren't even on Sephora's website yet!

0d4af5ab67ac40716a655762128c32f421b1bd72.jpg

Love the luxe gold packaging!

734bac80072ad285cd1cc27a8cd59592e8e41a42.jpg

This is an eyeshadow palette for $39.

425213d20a1a50cc1aeec82dbec9c50d8b863828.jpg

Cheek Trio $28

7bbe03cb3cdbd14eda6a36f425ba4f579560cfff.jpg

This multi stick is pretty awesome, like the NARS Multiple. It's $25 though. I wonder if Sephora will come out with more- heck, maybe they already have and I haven't been paying attention.

934ae0f71f4e5fc364e24356ebe0daf947f61faf.jpg

Lip set for $28

They also have a lipstick ($18), a liquid eyeliner ($18) a mascara/brow tint $20,

Back