Branded girl VS drugstore girl

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys this is my first time using a blog and forum but I thought is share some info bc my friends don't care lol ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> any way I usully buy urban decay or Bobbi brown but I was shocked when I heard about this new Maybeline smokes eye shadow plallette , I heard its limited addition so I googled it and bought it at a great price from this website I found that sells electronics and all other categories like handbags and etc .. Check it out if you guys want it .

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, I've been a user of both branded and drugstore items...I do find that many drugstore items are just as good as the higher end ones, and since I have to go out of town to get to an ulta, etc. it's easier for me to get in person.

I've been neglecting both for indies, lately, though!

Yes for sure I guess it's the company's and the Shades I also love the loriel felt tip eyeliner and it's crazy I spend so much money on makeup but you don't sven realize the price comparison . It's cool to have options and mix and match same goes with clothing you can get cheap and fair prices items and pair w/ a creative twist and look a million dollars

There aren't that many parent companies for major cosmetics brands. Last I checked L'Oreal owned 35 labels which include:

Urban Decay, Maybelline,  Lancome, YSL, L'oreal , Giorgio Armani, and many others.

My personal belief is that most of the products are basically the same just with different names and packaging. Private label niche brands are most likely getting the same products from China. Notice the 28 and higher eyeshadow,palettes from CS and BH cosmetics, same thing different names.

I have a mix from all price ranges and am happy with it.

90% of the time I don't use drugstore. Nothing against those brands, but they just aren't what I am looking for. The majority of my everyday makeup is Chanel, Too Faced, NARS, Urban Decay and MAC, so I guess I am mostly mid- to luxury-range products, In the end though, a label doesn't matter as long as I like the performance, which sadly doesn't happen much with drugstore. I only use L'Oreal, Revlon, Maybelline and Wet 'n' Wild and Rimmel regularly, and mostly just lip products.

I think it can be easier to find the A+ products from the mid-high end range of things without risking a completely dud product. I never cared for playing around with eye shadow because I felt like anything other than just the simplest nude schemes looked weird, but then I tried UD and Kat Von D eyeshadows and had that "Ooooh, so this is what eyeshadow is supposed to be like!" moment. It was a pretty amazing feeling.

Also, high end usually has much cuter packaging. Which does tend to win me over. <3

Still, I do believe it is entirely possible to get high-end quality at a low price. I've yet to find a concealer that beats the $6 tube of Hard Candy Glamoflage that I buy on the regular from Walmart, in quality or price. And dupes are usually pretty spot on if you do your research. That's the key for either really. Research the crap out of all of it before buying!

Latest posts

Back