Espionage Cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meaganola

Uh Huh Her
Reaction score
Everything shadows!  Lip serums!  Nail wraps!  Nerdery!

I've been using Espionage nail wraps lately because I have a stash of them from cons that I kind of want to use up before I get my Kickstarter backer rewards because there will be quite a few more coming in there, and then there's the subscription box coming in April.  I will have more of these than I know what to do with next year!  My point:  I've gotten really used to how easily they apply, re-apply (if you mess up and have to reposition them), and come off (when it's time to change your nails).  Tomorrow is my office holiday luncheon, so I decided to go with festive nail wraps, but I don't have any Espionage holiday wraps, so I went with some Sephora wraps I picked up last year (reindeer sweater print!  So cute!).  But...  They're totally different.  You can't reposition them.  They don't just peel right off.  Not a fan.  I've gotten spoiled by Espionage wraps, and I DO NOT CARE ONE LITTLE BIT!

And for Kickstarter backers who wanted to get more wraps to fill in the gap between now and when your backer rewards show up, they're have a special backer-only flash sale on the 9th that will apparently be an even better deal than they're having for the Cyber Monday sale.  They'll send out the details via a Kickstarter backer update on the 9th.  Just in case anyone cared.  I'm definitely going to be taking a look at my bank account and figuring out whether I can pick up a few as long as they're on sale.  I have enough to get me through the next couple of months before the backer stuff arrives, but it would be nice to get some more of them for super cheap!

Is this the one that has the Sherlock nail wraps? If so, just color me green with envy!

I may have to look into ordering a few. Nail polish rarely stays on my nails for a longer than 2 days.

Is this the one that has the Sherlock nail wraps? If so, just color me green with envy!

I may have to look into ordering a few. Nail polish rarely stays on my nails for a longer than 2 days.
Yes! They're in the Kickstarter group of designs currently in progress, though, so they're not quite yet available.

I'm so disappointed because it looks like they are a very nerdy makeup company which is excellent, but they have no James Bond-inspired collections.

How can you name yourself espionage cosmetics and not have Bond-themed anything )<

Holy shitballs, gang.  The backer flash sale information has been announced.  I was hoping that they would have $8 wraps.  That would be the same as the price for the new wraps through the Kickstarter and close to the price of what they are at cons.  Nope.  $5 a pop.  Uh...  BRB gotta completely reassess my budget and nail plan for the next few months.

(One of the founders is an active-duty Marine.  A few months ago, she got promoted to...  sergeant, if I recall correctly.  I think that's where the "Espionage" comes from.  There's an Eye Spy collection based on female spies like Josephine Baker and Barbara Lauwers.  They're honoring *actual* female spies.)

*cough*  I just received my Espionage backer sale order.  Combined with my existing EC wrap stash -- and *just* EC wraps -- I now have nineteen.  And more coming in February when the Kickstarter fulfillment happens.  And then four more a month from April through December.  And then I will probably pick more up at Rose City Comic Con in September.  So...  Yeah.

(Oh, and I placed the order on Tuesday, they shipped on Wednesday, and I have them today.  They were *ready*!)

I hope I get my Kickstarter backer sale order. I limited my backer sale to just $20 worth, because I really don't need anymore. I also can't wait to get my Kickstarter order.

I've never tried nail wraps but Espionage is really tempting (it's the Sherlock one that gets me too @mikaglam). Do they really last a couple weeks? Will they work even if my nails are pretty short?

I wish I had done the Kickstarter thing! Glow-in-the-dark wraps would be awesome. I love the space/nebulae nail wraps I have from them so much that I bought more. The cat ones didn't work well for me, though, because you need to have pretty long nails to get the whole cat's face on there or do some fiddling with the strips to make the faces sit right on your nails.

I normally prefer the real nail polish strips instead of "stickers," but these have good sticking quality. A lot of other brands are literally just stickers, and they come off as soon as you do the dishes or something.

Okay, they have announced the Kickstarter pickup day:  February 28th.  If there is anyone in the Portland area who would like to carpool up, let me know!  I'm seriously considering (read: absolutely planning on it) going.  If you're not a backer and still want to go, hey, they specifically said that non-backers can come along with their backer friends.  They will have all of their goodies, including sets of Fandom Cupcakes (combination bath bombs/sugar scrubs) they're making just for this event! 

Back