biancardi

Kloverbox Eco-friendly sub box [Spoilers]

I like the box, everything will be used! Loving the lip, cheek mousse, super pretty color. I understand people being upset about them taking a long time to get back to them for cancellations, I think she bit off too much ch with the LE box but I think it's still a great Eco friendly sub.

• Like 3

I try so hard to be positive about the boxes I receive, but this one was a miss for me too. I hope next month Kloverbox is able to focus on Kloverbox and not on MSA's box.

Ya know, I do think the cheek mousse is a pretty color as well. I don't care for those kind of blushes though, or shimmery lip sticks but I'm trying to think of a way to re-purpose it.

This shaving cream was in a limited edition Birchbox about a year ago. It was valued around $6.50.

yes, I got it then and I loved it!  However, when I looked at eco-armour's website - they sell that 1.7 oz by itself for $14.00!!!  YIKES! 

However, you can get 3 of their 1.7 oz for under 20.00 (all 3 scents), but yeah, something is way off with eco-armour's pricing.  Birchbox has better pricing too on the 5 oz, but that is still 19.00 (which is where the 6.50 pricing came from as BB never sold the 1.7 oz by itself - as far as I recollect...)

Edited by biancardi
  • Like 2

Box arrived today and I absolutely LOVE it.  Razor was on tomorrow's shopping list--the one I received is purple--my favorite color--YAY!  Shave foam is crazy-expensive, but it smells great and I'll use it for an at home spa day. I almost bought the Tata Harper Volumizing Lip & Cheek Tint yesterday, but my phone was acting weird and the transaction didn't go through--another VERY HAPPY coincidence!!  And, I'm pretty loyal to Ellovi lip balm, but I use a LOT of lip balm, so I'm happy to have an extra (and try a new-to-me brand).  Haven't tried the bar yet, but it will go in my flight bag for a travel treat.  Another month of nothing going to the swap pile is a total win for me.  

• Like 5

I think it is unfortunate for KB that the razor was featured in the Goodebox last month. I gave it to my sister last month and will probably give her this month's razor too. I think it is a nice beginning of summer box. I'm not that excited about it, but the brands fit KB. I also will use all the items. I do like that the lip butter is SPF 15.

I can understand why people are upset. They are the same type of reasons that bother me about sub boxes. All I can say is that the lack of communication is an anomly for KloverBox. I've been with them for awhile and am OK with a box that doesn't excite me as long as it doesn't happen too often. I see why others may not feel the same way as a newer subscriber or even a long term subscriber. I hope that KB resolves everything to their subscribers' satisfaction and that many more wonderful boxes will be in our future.

Edited because I had the word "can" in almost every sentence. I am not sharp at 12:30 in the morning.

Edited by PA Anna
  • Like 2

I also got an email with an apology today that let me know that I had been refunded, so that was nice.

I was a bit disappointed with this month's box, but not angry about it or anything. I think the eco-friendly aspect definitely means that the products will be priced higher, so the value can seem lower when you get the box. Last month was great, though!

• Like 3

I got my box yesterday too. This one is kinda meh for me too. I don't shave a lot as I did laser hair removal several years back.... So the shave foam and razor aren't super exciting to me, but they will get used. Have tons of lip gloss and blush, but the lip mousse looks nice on my lips, so I'm fine with that. The lip balm seems nice, and I do like that it has spf, for summer. I tried the bar right away (I got peanut butter chocolate) and the insistence of my toddler, and neither of us liked it.

So, I'm not mad, but not excited about it like the last couple of months. I wasn't as surprised by the price of the shave cream as I was the $29 for the lip tint, but in general I agree that Eco and natural products are going to be pricey, which is why I like to try them through a sub first and know whether I would want to pay full price (or full price minus a 20% off coupon!). The box definitely felt a little light compared to some of the past ones, like it could have used even an inexpensive sample size of something to round it out.

I'm hoping the MSA beach house box will wow us, and that the special edition won't have any negative effect on the regular June Kloverbox.

• Like 1

I got my box too. It's ok. Not my favorite of all the boxes I've gotten but I'll get use out of it. I'm looking forward to trying the shaver and the shaving cream. The cream smells wonderful. The lip/cheek tint is a bit too bright pink for my taste, at least the way it looks in the jar. Luckily it's not as bright on the lips so I'll be able to use it.

I'm passing the razor off to my boyfriend. I do not use women's razors because they're not as sharp as men's and I have mega sensitive skin. This is actually the thing in the box that instantly pissed me off. When I saw the razor I almost tossed the whole thing in the garbage can. I realize it's dramatic, but this is at the top of my list of things I do not want in a sub box. 2nd only to pads or tampons. I got the mint & eucalyptus shave foam, which wouldn't have been  my choice since I noticed there is also a mango one. Boo.

I was going to test the lip/cheek tint as a blush even though I said I wasn't until I noticed that it's basically all oil, so I tried it on my lips and it looks okay, but I do not like the way it smells at all.

I'm a lipbalm snob. It's green blistex or nothing, ya'll. So I have no idea what I'm going to do with the lipbalm. Stuff it in my purse in case of a chapstick 911? I don't even know anyone else I could give it to.

I haven't tried the bar yet, but I hope I get to it before my boyfriend does because it is the only thing that looks even mildly interesting in this box even though I would never buy something like this. I got chocolate and peanut butter.

• Like 1

This box seems a little light this month but turned out to work really well for me. I will keep and use everything in the box. 

Value is, of course, subjective. For me, it was worth it.

As someone mentioned earlier, I think they bit off a little more than they were expecting to chew with the MSA box. I didn't get it but I'm really curious about what will be in it. 

• Like 1

@@biancardi I have the same scent and can smell the mint in mine too.

I changed my mind. I love this month's box :D The blush mousse looks great on my lips. It brightens up my face and makes my eyes pop. I'm in love. :wub:  i did use a single use applicator to put it on my lips with a light hand. It looks a tad darker than the natural color of my lips, but nowhere what it looks in the jar. I'm very happy!!!

• Like 1

the mango smells like mint, at least mine does.  

Well I guess I feel better about not getting it then. If it's going to smell like mint anyway, might as well have mint eucalyptus.

Email from Kloverbox. It shows Kelly is listening about the billing cycles.

Thank you for giving Kloverbox the opportunity to be a part of your search for better-for-you and better for the environment products! Every month, we love providing you with variety and value, but most of all, introducing you to our amazing brand partners! After all, Kloverbox is just a service; it's the brands that shine in the box each and every month!

We say it all the time, Kloverbox has the best subscribers! There is nothing better than hearing your feedback and seeing your Kloverbox assortment pictures on social media and blogs. Please don't forget to tag the brands; they really enjoy being part of the action!

The main purpose of this email is to let you know it is time to make a few changes around here:
1) Over the next couple months we are going to make a major change to our product delivery schedule which will move shipping up to the first week of the month.
2) The renewal billing will soon change to the 15th of the month. We recognize it's not easy to keep track of your monthly or three month billing and it would be much simpler for everyone to have the renewal billing set on the same day. This is not happening yet, but when it does we will provide plenty of notice.
3) We would love to reward you for sharing Kloverbox with your friends and family. A much deserved rewards program is on its way very soon. Again, we will be in touch when it’s live.

4) On top of the rewards program and starting in June, one subscriber each month will receive a surprise upgrade. It will be a fun game of Kloverbox roulette, a current monthly subscription would become a three month subscription, a current three month subscription would become a six month subscription and a current six month subscription would become a whole year…just for being a loyal subscriber!

If you have questions about your account or our current policies, please see the HOW IT WORKS page on Kloverbox.com. If you don't have an account, we would love to forward an account invite. Your account allows you to pause, cancel, skip a month, change your address, billing details and check on the next recurring charge.

It is our mission to make it easy and enjoyable to receive your Kloverbox, manage your account and share Kloverbox with everyone you know!

We know you see it every month when you open the box, but...Thank You!

Kloverbox

• Like 1

I received my first Kloverbox this weekend. I am happy to try everything. I'm on a business trip so brought the razor and shaving foam with me. I'm not big on shaving creams, but certainly willing to give it a try. I got this sub so I can learn more about eco friendly products, as I'm new to these brands. Just getting into these type of products due to health issues.

I got the email above and sounds like the changes will be helpful to everyone. I know the billing change will be really helpful and the shipping at the beginning of the month will be awesome. 

• Like 2

The new billing cycle will benefit all parties involved. I'm really glad they're going to do that.

• Like 2

I realized that I've been using spoiler tags even though the title says spoilers. Should I continue to use spoiler tags?

There's a spoiler on PinInterest for the June box :D I haven't found one for the Beach Box yet.

It’s a Be Organized Key Chain Pouch by Natalie Therese. It’s made out of cork fabric. It looks like it well hold up well for the summertime. I’m excited about it! It looks perfect for summertime escapades with the boys.

I think this is the link – http://www.natalietherese.com/collections/be-eco-chic-accessories/products/be-organized-key-chain-pouch-aqua-zipper

Can't wait!

ETA I posted this on MSA and it disappeared. I don't know why that happens sometimes.

Edited by PA Anna
  • Like 4

Here is an update from Kloverbox regarding our June boxes. Check out the bold. I don't pay much attention much to values because the value for me is in whether I can use the item. I did go onto MSA to see the average RTV. It's always been at least double the cost of a monthly subscription which I think is excellent for an eco/organic box.

I am intrigued because I wonder what else is in the box that is making it the highest value ever??? Any ideas? Maybe a beach bag?

ETA This email shows that Kelly is responsive to subscribers. People posted last month that they wanted an update via email which is what she did this month.

Hello!

We wanted to provide you with a quick shipping update. The June assortment is our highest value box yet, but we are still waiting on two product deliveries. You will receive your June Kloverbox tracking within a few days.

Did you catch the June Spoiler? If not, check it out below!!

Thank you and have a terrific Thursday!
Kloverbox

Edited by PA Anna
  • Like 1