biancardi

Kloverbox Eco-friendly sub box [Spoilers]

It sucks. 2 products and a snack which contains "rennit".... which isn't even a real thing. If it's rennet, then it's not vegetarian. That would be really disappointing coming from KBox.

It sucks. 2 products and a snack which contains "rennit".... which isn't even a real thing. If it's rennet, then it's not vegetarian. That would be really disappointing coming from KBox.

Rennet can be obtained through vegetable and microbial sources.

I just got mine. Here is the pic.

I'm looking forward to using the mask. The desktop calendar is cute. Maybe not the best Kloverbox but it's still cute.

kloverbox January 2016 spoilers.JPG

• Like 1

Just got mine as well. I can't say that i am thrilled with this box by any means, but I'm willing to give it a try. Hoping next months is better. I have found a lot of products that I've enjoyed through this subscription, so a month that doesn't do it for me I can live with. 

• Like 2

Maybe I'm just crabby bc it's Monday but I was soooooooo looking forward to this box! I got home from work - really had to use the bathroom but really wanted to open my KBox. Yes...I brought it into the bathroom with me!!

I am looking forward to the mask. The thing I like best about this box is that it introduces me to new items. I may not like everything, but I love trying new things! This box isn't about high value items to me. I count on PopSugar for that!

But a calendar?!?! I just don't understand how this fits into Kloverbox. It is super cute, but something I would expect in DottieBox (if that even still exists!!!).

I'll enjoy the mask and the calendar because life is too short to let a sub box ruin my day! Hopefully next month will be better.....

• Like 3

I really really love the mask in this months box, I just finished a full size of it, so this came at a great time. I've purchased this mask a few times. I figure I pay 20ish for this sub and as long as I get that in usable to me product a month I'm happy. If someone couldn't use this mask then that would make this month really sucky. Sorry for whoever is disappointed though, hopefully February is better.

• Like 1

Vegetarians eat cheese, but avoid cheeses that contain rennet (an enzyme produced in the intestines of animals). There are cheeses that have vegetable based rennet, but that would usually be specified on the ingredients.

Maybe it's because I'm "one of those" vegetarians that I find it difficult to accept a non-vegetarian item in a cruelty free box. I suppose it is possible that it is vegetable based rennet, but I spent about 20 minutes looking for any information I could find about this product and I didn't find anything. I even called the company.

• Like 2

Vegetarians eat cheese, but avoid cheeses that contain rennet (an enzyme produced in the intestines of animals). There are cheeses that have vegetable based rennet, but that would usually be specified on the ingredients.

Maybe it's because I'm "one of those" vegetarians that I find it difficult to accept a non-vegetarian item in a cruelty free box. I suppose it is possible that it is vegetable based rennet, but I spent about 20 minutes looking for any information I could find about this product and I didn't find anything. I even called the company.

Totally understand, sorry if I offended you, I was thinking vegan not vegetarian. Were you able to speak to anyone at the company?

• Like 2

I thought vegan first as well not vegetarian. I'm glad they are gluten free so I can try them but a snack is a hard one to send in any box especially a box like this.

• Like 1

I was not offended at all!! I don't expect anyone to understand my crazy diet rules :). Heck, I don't even understand them half the time! I can't tell you the number of times I've been half way through eating something only to realize it wasn't vegetarian! Like gravy.....didn't realize that wasn't vegetarian......haha!

I didn't get through to the company - it was a voicemail and I didn't leave a message. I can't find this product anywhere online - it's not even listed on the company's website.

Looking forward to trying the mask tonight. People really seem to love it!

• Like 1

I'm with you about diet rules @@Tiffanyt92! :) Thanks for clarifying and for being understanding. Mine are confusing as well. I went to lunch today with a friend I haven't seen in so long and while reading the menu, my friend kept thinking I can't eat anything there. There were plenty of choices for me. :) I don't expect other people to know or understand my dietary craziness. :lol: 

I'm looking forward to using the mask too. I meant to use it last night but was too tired. Tonight is another night to try and see if I can make it without falling asleep sitting on the couch almost instantly. :lol:

• Like 1

As much as I wanted to go to bed, I knew I had to try the mask!

First impressions are great!  My skin is really soft and I have to say my pores look a little better and my face isn't as red as it normally is!!  

I didn't get any tingling or burning, but I also put a very light layer on.  I didn't want to take any chances and I am too lazy to do a patch test!

Not sure how I feel about the smell....What is it??  Ben Gay? Vicks?  I just can't figure it out!!!

• Like 1

Sounds good @@Tiffanyt92! I'm going to open mine now and see. You got me intrigued by the smell comment. I have to check it out now! I'm too lazy to do patch tests too.

I lurve the smell, it's kinda herbal-y and fresh to me. You all aren't missing a thing with that snack! The apples were good but I found the cheese things, which are just straight up Gouda cheese, nasty! Like really gross imo. Just give me some fair trade chocolate and we'll be all good!

My daughters best frien is vegan and I always feel so bad when she stays the night because we have very few vegan friendly things in he house besides fruit and veggies. I didn't realize how much flavorings and colorings take something that APPEARS to be vegan friendly and turns it into a no go real fast. And gelatin, that stuff is in so much. Nothing's safe, I could never go vegan, too much effort, lol.

• Like 3

I used the mask last night and it was really nice. It seemed to really detox the skin. I didn't mind the herbal smell once it was on. My skin was smooth and the pores looked better after.

• Like 1

I know everyone loves Kloverbox and just raves about their customer service. But I've had nothing but a terrible experience with their customer service. On January 7th I was charged again for another three months; the previous three months were very disappointing and not worth the value for me. I finally got my January box February 1st, so into the next month. I emailed Kloverbox several times and FB messaged them to get no response in January, I filed a dispute with my bank to reverse the charge. They credited it to me; but yesterday I got a letter saying I was going to be charged anyway Kloverbox provided proof I got my box. Well they provided I got a box FEBRUARY 1st, which was the January box; I NEVER got a February box. So I called my box this morning to say I was charged; yet never received a February box and it's already mix March, I doubt I'll get a March box. I left a post on Kloverbox's FB page last night, it's already been removed and they've blocked me so that I can't make any post or even message them. 

Their FB is truly deceptive, that people can't leave honest opinions if they're at all negative. They get blocked from their FB. I don't like any sub box company that removes negative opinions, why not let customers see the real reviews? They send out free boxes every month to bloggers and youtubers; but can't send a box to someone who was actually charged for it? Their customer service is horrible, I've had no responses to my various emails; everyone else claims that they have great CS and they always respond. Just take a word of caution if you're thinking of signing up for Kloverbox. Shipping is EXTREMELY late, often get the box the next month. And they auto-renew you when you first signed up. Like I guess I originally signed up October 7th, so I was auto-renewed on January 7th. I didn't get an October box, only November which was fine, so I got Nov, Dec, and Jan. But I don't like being charged so early when you don't get the box till the end of the month or into the next month. 

Then they can't respond to any of my emails is ridiculous. You know who has great customer service? Book of the Month club, they specifically state no refunds on their website. But I was auto-renewed and I asked to cancel my subscription and they offered a refund. They responded within 24 hours and immediately offered me a refund instead of the next three months of boxes. Hell I've even had great luck with Glossybox, which I know everyone else complains about; but they've always responded to my FB messages and have sent replacement products and refunded subscriptions. So just a word of caution against Kloverbox; if anyone is thinking of signing up, DON'T!! 

• Like 1