Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Really surprised no one has made this topic yet, but perhaps it is because it's impossible to find any info on the 'net. Regardless, Too Faced has a spoiler on Instagram, and YouTube beauty vloggers have begun to talk about it in videos - it is supposed to drop mid-to-late December here in the US.

The only pic I could find:

too-faced-revient-avec-la-semi-sweet-chocolate-bar-chocolate-bar-2-14973474.jpg

One good thing - looks like Too Faced has printed the names on the palette. No more stupid inserts that get fly away and get lost!

So are you going to pick up the Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar? I'll have to see it in person before I decide. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Edit: Image is from a French blog, so I can't add any of the info. I actually couldn't even find the post the image was sourced from, I am sorry! But the blog is hellocoton.fr if any French-speakers can help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really surprised no one has made this topic yet, but perhaps it is because it's impossible to find any info on the 'net. Regardless, Too Faced has a spoiler on Instagram, and YouTube beauty vloggers have begun to talk about it in videos - it is supposed to drop mid-to-late December here in the US.

The only pic I could find:

too-faced-revient-avec-la-semi-sweet-chocolate-bar-chocolate-bar-2-14973474.jpg

One good thing - looks like Too Faced has printed the names on the palette. No more stupid inserts that get fly away and get lost!

So are you going to pick up the Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar? I'll have to see it in person before I decide. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Edit: Image is from a French blog, so I can't add any of the info. I actually couldn't even find the post the image was sourced from, I am sorry! But the blog is hellocoton.fr if any French-speakers can help!
I saw swatches on Sephoras website and it looks like such a pretty palette! I probably won't pick it up because I have too much eyeshadow and my chocolate palette has barely been touched :/

I saw swatches on Sephoras website and it looks like such a pretty palette! I probably won't pick it up because I have too much eyeshadow and my chocolate palette has barely been touched :/
Oh, nice! Were they on the Beauty Boards? I have no idea how to find anything on those forums! :blush2: I'm mostly waiting to see how similar/dissimilar it is to the original Chocolate Bar, but I'm in the same boat - I've amassed more shadows than I could use in a lifetime, and another nude palette is low on the list!

Sometimes though, man, that need strikes... :laughing:   I can never say never!

I feel like this one has a lot of darker shades than the last. They would probably be too dark for pale ol' me.

Same here. I was dying to get Chocolate Bar Pallet, but it's sitting in the draw barely touched. Truth be told I prefer texture of Lorac Pro shadows. So as much as I love nude/neutral shadows, I'll pass on this one.

I first saw someone post it on Instagram and I thought it was fake until I saw Too Faced post a sneak peek and I was like SHUT UP. Gimme gimme gimme!

I like it, but i have to say based on the swatches @@biancardi posted, I feel like the shadows look most striking on a darker skin tone. I might be too pale for this but I'm excited to see something new other than the 500th rendition of Naked by UD  :lol:

December ninth is supposed to be the US release date according to that french blog. I wasn't able to dig up any further info from it but there's a few Instagram photos floating around. All pretty heavily filtered though so this & the Sephora swatches are the closest to accurate that seem to be available currently. http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/Too-Faced-Semi-Sweet-Chocolate-Bar-Palette/td-p/1812675
I

saw on Instagram that it will be available December 09 on Sephora for VIB, and December 15 for general release. To be honest I am really concerned about how similar it is to the original Chocolate Bar.  other than Licorice, Blueberry Swirl and perhaps, Coconut Creme I feel like the other colors are repeats with different names.

It wouldn't be the first time Too Faced has pulled that trick, and perhaps they are just trying to cash in on the Cocoa Craze - it is their "Naked" after all! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Regardless, for those without the first palette, this might be a nice draw, especially because of how vibrant those swatches show up on the darker skin tones!

I'm so tempted by this because I have a bad bad impulse to get every new palette that comes out. Even though logically I know I won't like it because I don't like chocolate and the smell of cocoa powder, especially on my face, sometimes makes me gag. Is there something wrong with me? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back