Julep January 2015

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
LOL this isn't on me, this is on Julep--

ZiI76Xsl.jpg

You can reserve yours here: https://www.julep.com/maven/metamorphic/reserve/

You can also see the their swatches over some purple polish.

What do y'all think? I think I'm probably going to have to take the next box...even though I have waaay too many polishes. I hope they'll let us pick

You may have to copy and paste that link because the MUT Linkshare redirect is not working properly especially for those with ad blocking programs installed.

julep.com/maven/metamorphic/reserve/

Last edited by a moderator:
You may have to copy and paste that link because the MUT Linkshare redirect is not working properly especially for those with ad blocking programs installed.

julep.com/maven/metamorphic/reserve/
I have adblock plus installed and the link is working fine for me, but thanks for catching it 

Someone posted these as RL swatches of the metamorphic TC along with one of the January colors (I think(

9tb2vV3l.jpg

iOPwFe8l.jpg

And I think the January colors. Eh. Not...super impressed tbh.

LyiuCw4l.jpg

But I need to figure out what that "rose quartz" thing is. Geena is very very pretty (and I doubt it'd even look good on me...but envy)

And the paper swatches:

P6Tgr82l.jpg

I like Geena and Tanith but they're really really sheer based on nail swatches I saw on facebook. The products for January are Glycolic Body Scrub and colored lip treatments. I regretted not upgrading last January (trying to save $), but this collection doesn't speak to me at all.

Hey, Geena! As in Geena Davis! As in she and I share a birthday! I might have to pick that one up just because she kicks about eight kinds of ass. I hate pink, though, so dunno,

Geena is supposed to be January's birthstone polish. Apparently they are going back through and doing the alternative birthstones in 2015. 
Went and looked for alternates:

BIRTHDAY MONTH PRIMARY BIRTHSTONE ALTERNATE BIRTHSTONE

January Garnet Pink Quartz

February Amethyst Black Garnet

March Aquamarine Bloodstone or Red Jasper*

April Diamond White Topaz or Rock Crystal

May Emerald Chrysoprase

June Pearl Moonstone or Alexandrite

July Ruby Jade* or Carnelian

August Peridot Sardonyx September Sapphire Lapis Lazuli

October Opal (Pink) Tourmaline

November Topaz Citrine

December Turquoise Blue Topaz or Tanzanite

March - Bloodstone is actually traditional, but Aquamarine is modern

July - so interestingly, there is actually red Jade. I wonder if Julep will go with that.

I'm hoping they'll pick whatever is most different from the month they've already done then.

I just also wanted to know, knowing Julep, they'll do something to actually spite you. I never got the valentine's day box even though I wanted Aphrodite, and I've been looking for it forever ever since. Oh well. One less polish for me to hoard I guess ^^;;

Last edited by a moderator:
Per usual I only like the add on colors, but I really want those transformer coats, so I might have to take a core classics box or something.  I kinda want some sort of confirmation that I would get the bonus transformer color though, since I didnt actually receive the email myself (just used the link posted).

Per usual I only like the add on colors, but I really want those transformer coats, so I might have to take a core classics box or something.  I kinda want some sort of confirmation that I would get the bonus transformer color though, since I didnt actually receive the email myself (just used the link posted).
They said that no confirmations would be sent out, the impression I got was that there'd be one in your box if you reserved using the email link. I can see this going south real fast if "while supplies last" means only a small amount available and a lot of people don't get one in their January boxes.

Hey, Geena! As in Geena Davis! As in she and I share a birthday! I might have to pick that one up just because she kicks about eight kinds of ass. I hate pink, though, so dunno,
You could always use it as a base color for nail vinyls. Pink as the base layer then a dark color on top. That's what I usually do if I'm using pink polish.

Latest posts

Back