deactivateduser232015

Julep January 2015

I decided to order the bombshell box and added on the holographic nail stickers, orbital eyeshadow in Borealis and Luna. 

The colour for bombshell this month is exactly the same as October's Margarita...I don't want to pay for a fully customizable box geez louise why can't they at least change the colours for each profile

I'm going with Boho Glam. I thought the blue/green polish that Jane was wearing in the sneak peek video looked really nice, and it's different enough from Eliana a few months ago. I was thinking of skipping, but I'm not going to pass up the free transformer topcoat. No add-ons, either.  I did 3 add-ons last month and got a lip primer that was kind of yucky (smelled not great, I suspect it may have been old).

I am interested in the body scrub, but I have a couple of codes to use, so will just wait until they're out in the regular store.

I can't believe it!  They actually put together an It Girl box I love!  Those colors are *totally* January.  Although I usually hate creams, mint green and baby blue are exceptions.  I've been wanting a charcoal cream to use as a base for my flakies.  I don't like the color of Margit in the bottle shot because it looks like a sweet soft pink, but then the swatches make it look like a weird greyish pink with a shimmer, which would be *awesome*, but we all know Julep's pictures lie, so spinning the wheel and hoping for the best on this one.  I'll add on Luna (hello, new flakie!), Sandi (eggplant is another cream I can tolerate), and the oil cleanser (winter = I prefer to use an oil cleanser, and I'm out).  I want the Orbital eyeshadow, but, uh, no.  No eyeshadow for me.  I'm overloaded on new indies right now, and I don't ever use the pressed shadows I already have anyway. 

So.  This is what my box looks like:

ee01d954-ed86-471f-97f9-dd77372295ca_zps

I think this is probably the best-for-me month I've seen from them in *ages* -- like probably more than a year and a half.  I might also pick up Devon from the Jules shop since that's 400 points.  Still mulling that one over, though.

(In unrelated news, yow, it is *pouring* outside.  I need to get dressed and run errands.  I *still* don't know what to get most of my family for Christmas.  This is going to be a very long day.)

I got Shelly (not a big creme fan either but I'm a sucker for that color!), the Navy Smoke gel glider, and the sheer pink luxe lip with Luna, the Borealis shadow, and the holo chevron decals. Decided to skip my other box this month, there wasn't enough I wanted to justify two boxes and a lot of what I want is add-on only anyway.

After all the holiday deals, code glitches, etc. I probably should skip all around but after doing some math and accounting for the free top coat and free gift for taking 3 add-ons it works out to around $5 an item and I can dig that ;-)

Going with Boho Glam and adding on the Navy Smoke gel pencil.  My first box since May with the Plie wand.

Love Jane's Tarheel reference in the video, as I'm one as well :).

I'm so far set for Margit, Shelley and Sandi. Just not entirely sure about Margit .. the swatches on the first page of this thread look so different from Juleps .. here it looks more like a medium brown than a beige. I'm hoping for Lorenzana with a rose shimmer.

Edited by sylarana

I went with it girl and added on the holographic chevrons. I mostly only really want the transformer color plus my next box will be free. I'm happy to see more decals!

For people with customization, were you able to swap in Alicia?

@@zadidoll did you get your entire maven collection yet? Would you mind doing swatches of all the orbital shadows? I tried to find a consolidated one but I couldn't see any ):

I did indeed get it the other day. I can have swatches up tomorrow since I need to get new light bulbs since the ones I have are casting too much of a yellow glow and it's too gray of a day to use natural light.

Scratch that... I can do it in the bathroom since the bathroom has  really good light.

Edited by zadidoll

I'm torn.... Maryam looks similar to sephora formula x legend not sure which one I should go for.....

I was going to keep the complete It Girl collection, but I ended up swapping out Janae since I already have Mona.

post-117161-0-85148200-1419122180.png

• Like 1

I have never actually taken a box, I skip every month, but have been wanting to for a while...just couldn't justify the price. Those top coats look so cool and have pushed me over the edge...just wish there was more polish in the boxes. I put my email into the site, so I hope I get one. I will be super bummed if not (why not atleast send out confirmations? gah. I definitely would not be taking a box this month if not for those!)

Trying to decide which to get.

If I do the Like Mother Like Daughter, it does still count as a Jan box even though it isn't one of the main style ones from the profiles we do right? Sorry, dumb question, just wanting to make sure if I choose that it would still count and I would still get the top coat (if the supplies last LOL)

I am down to either It Girl or the Like Mother Like Daughter (but really, those polish colors are so bland, I just would like to try out the Plie). Love the colors of the It Girl.

Can someone please tell me where to put the code, when I chose my selections I don't see a code option, just the jules.

Code?  What code?  I don't think you can use a code on the monthly sub.

I'm not taking boxes anymore, but I'm following along with the new collections & I thought it may be helpful to share some dupes/near-dupes I have with all of you. Some are spot on, some not entirely. But when you have over 300 polishes like me, you won't feel extremely disappointed for not getting some of these newer Julep colors haha.

Alicia: Essie Tart Deco

Casey: Nicole by OPI Khloe Had A Little Lam-Lam

Shawn: Ciate Play Date

Sandi: Ciate Fade To Greige

Phyllis: Nicole by OPI Paparazzi Don't Preach

Maryam: Zoya India

Janae: e.l.f. Thunderstorm

Shelly: Essie Mint Candy Apple

Margit: Ciate Members Only

post-108759-0-51926400-1419193627_thumb.jpgpost-108759-0-52208400-1419193654_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, you can swap in Alicia.

Thanks!

Anyone know when they charge you if I switch to the 3 month prepaid customizable option? Still 27th I assume?