Hi from the UK

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Ruth and I have a passion for the beauty industry.

I am originally from South America but I left my country 6 years ago to pursue my dream of becoming a good beauty therapist.

I wanted to train in France in one of the best beauty private school but couldn't afford it so I waited tables and cleaned toilets during three years before being able to afford it. Then I worked in a four starred spa of the well-off south-west coast and after that in a beauty salon on the Champs Elysees avenue in Paris. I also made the makeup of the Miss who won one of the Miss France competition a couple of years ago.

I moved to the UK 2 years ago, learned the language waiting table again and found a job in one of the best beauty salons of my city.

During all that time, I have been bothered by how much hair removal treatments hurt and how little concerned the salons seem to be about it so I started to do research on how I could alleviate this pain and developed my own technique, tested it on my customers and they loved it. It wasn't pain free but definitely better than anything they had got before. About a year ago, I discovered a old technique that used to be used in India in the mid 18th century to naturally remove pains and after learning it, I adapted it to the waxing treatments I was performing. This enables me now to deliver painfree waxing treatments and I have recently started a training program to teach my technique to other therapists.

My vision for the future is first to train as many people as I can on this technique and then start my own beauty franchise business in order to offer people painfree and enjoyable hair removal treatments.

Apart from that, I am here to discuss with like minded people and share the latest gossips in beauty, makeup and all the rest of it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So there you go, that me... don't hesitate to contact me if you need more details on me.

Back