Donating Unused Makeup/Skincare

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shelters for homeless women or victims of intimate partner violence (your area might call it domestic abuse).  First and foremost.  I know some shelters especially love hotel- or sample-sized things (say, from a subscription box), but they will not usually turn down full-sized stuff, too.  Also, it might be worth contacting your local YWCA because some of them have programs to help jobless women get clothes for job interviews, and let's face it:  Interviewers expect women to wear makeup to job interviews, so it should be considered part of the wardrobe.  Sometimes there's a non-YWCA program for this, but my guess is that the YWCA could refer you to an appropriate group if they don't run one themselves.  Vietnam Veterans of America -- www.vva.org -- specifically lists cosmetics on their list of desired items, and I would guess they probably also accept skincare.  If nothing else, high school drama departments or community theatre groups would probably love the makeup! 

What do you ladies suggest doing with USED makeup/skincare products? I mean, like a lipstick worn once or something? If it's disinfected, is it still destined for the trash?

Sanitized or not I don't think a shelter (or similar) would accept used makeup though it may not hurt to see if a local beauty college could put such products to use. Best of luck :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back