So...Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody play? This is all I've been doing for the past three or so days when I've had a lot of time off. That and eating twinkies. Right now I'm trying to find may way through Victory Road, which should be renamed to Victory Maze.

Gahhhhh I need to get it. Honestly I'm probably not until my fiance is done flipping out about Smash Bros for Wii U and collecting all of the Amiibos. I might pick back up X/Y to get me in the mood though.

You should get it! I just finished beating the Champion. Now the end titles and credits are hitting me right in the feelings. Pokemon games always make me so sad when they end. But there will always be more Pokemon games. It was only Black/White that I really didn't get that much into. But X and Y was great!

Plus...Steven is pretty hot, if I do say so myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was only Black/White that I really didn't get that much into. But X and Y was great!
Black and White was such a great gen for pokemon, but just at such an awkward time? Like it felt like such an "In between game" because it didn't have as much going for it as X and Y did plot and game wise, plus it came out when the DS was kinda very obviously going to be phased out.

I totally know what you mean about the sadness when a game ends. I really don't ever want it to end, which is why I usually just wander around and do random things after the game is over. I think I was in the middle catching Zapdos on Y before I put the game down and then forgot to pick it back up. 

I won't go much into detail for spoilers sake, but ORAS has a storyline that goes past becoming the Hoenn Champion. And there seems to be a lot to discover too, like all of the Secret Hideouts.

I see Pokemon copycats/wannabes all over the Apple App Store . Something I hate about the App Store and their games is that there really is only a handful of "games" everything else is just a copy.They copy Pokemon's evolution, catching, and battle system. But what they don't seem to realize is that Pokemon has emotional factor. It's more than just battles, but you work hard to see everything grow and develop. And when it ends, you have that sadness. That's why Pokemon continues to come out on top while imitators come and go.

Apparently Nintendo recently submitted a patent for porting their games to mobile platforms. I'm hoping we'll soon see some of the classic games, including the early Pokemon ones, on iOS and Android soon. 

In the meantime, I dream of when the new 3DS makes it way to the US - hopefully coinciding with a time in which I can justify the costs. I've missed the last few generations of Pokemon games and am really curious as to what they're like now.

In the meantime, I dream of when the new 3DS makes it way to the US - hopefully coinciding with a time in which I can justify the costs. I've missed the last few generations of Pokemon games and am really curious as to what they're like now.
My fiance is also impatiently waiting for the new 3ds too so he can upgrade his original 3ds (god it is so small and the battery life sucks). I really hate that they didn't coincide that release with the ORAS release.

I'll probably stay with my Animal Crossing Pop Tart 3DS XL. Its a great size, the battery life is fine, and I love the cute design on it. 

I'm not sure if I'm going to get the new 3DS. I already have a 3DS XL which is good enough for me since I don't play it as often as I used to. I might just wait until the next generation of DSes come out.

I have my old games laying around somewhere (Red, Gold, Sapphire, and Ruby) as well as my Game Boy Color. I wouldn't mind getting to play those games on my iPhone. But I prefer to have actual control pads and buttons versus simulated touch buttons that most ported games end up using. I might buy a controller accessory for my phone if that were to happen.

I'll probably stay with my Animal Crossing Pop Tart 3DS XL. Its a great size, the battery life is fine, and I love the cute design on it. 
Ugh, I love that one and long debated getting it, but it just wasn't possible at the time. It also broke my heart a little bit to let the Zelda one pass by, but I honestly think the Animal Crossing edition is the cutest and most fun. 

I'm not sure if I'm going to get the new 3DS. I already have a 3DS XL which is good enough for me since I don't play it as often as I used to. I might just wait until the next generation of DSes come out.

I have my old games laying around somewhere (Red, Gold, Sapphire, and Ruby) as well as my Game Boy Color. I wouldn't mind getting to play those games on my iPhone. But I prefer to have actual control pads and buttons versus simulated touch buttons that most ported games end up using. I might buy a controller accessory for my phone if that were to happen.
I also prefer having the actual gaming device, but my most recent DS is a DSi that was purchased while in Japan. Our Wii is also from there. It's been a long time since I checked, but unless Nintendo had a drastic change of heart, region-locks prevent me from accessing their download shop. My old gameboys and games were packed away at my parents house when I left the country and I have no idea where in their garage they might be now. The only way I can play those old games now is if they are made mobile.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

While you were in Japan, did you get to go to the pokemon center? I want to go so bad, but I will have to settle for the one in NYC instead. I feel like it's have to go on a no buy for an entire year if they let me loose in a pokemon center.

While you were in Japan, did you get to go to the pokemon center? I want to go so bad, but I will have to settle for the one in NYC instead. I feel like it's have to go on a no buy for an entire year if they let me loose in a pokemon center.
Going in to the HUGE Japan store at Epcot Japan was bad enough for me and my fiance. We bought like 5 Pokedolls, a bunch of studio ghibli plushes, a bunch of japanese books. Ugh.

Unfortunately, no. I didn't make it out to Tokyo that often and we usually went there with some other plans in mind. Also, at the time, I was instinctively avoiding large crowds of children as I taught elementary school in a small town. While it wouldn't have happened in Tokyo, I think I equated large groups of children with 'oh god, I am not being caught on a date with my students around.' However, I do remember once we must have passed it on the train as a several kids got on with all their Pokemon swag. It was so cute!

I hear they have a pokemon train somewhere in Japan? I want to ride it while dressed as a Charizard.

Going in to the HUGE Japan store at Epcot Japan was bad enough for me and my fiance. We bought like 5 Pokedolls, a bunch of studio ghibli plushes, a bunch of japanese books. Ugh.
Which Pokedolls did you get?

I hope to one day obtain a Mew. I love Mew, but they don't put him/her into the games very often nor do they do Mew events. Until getting AS, I kinda fell out of the Pokemon loop and missed getting some event pokemon, specifically Diancie. I want to transfer some of my event Pokemon from my Heart Gold into the new generation, but it's not very easy to do...

Which Pokedolls did you get?   I hope to one day obtain a Mew. I love Mew, but they don't put him/her into the games very often nor do they do Mew events. Until getting AS, I kinda fell out of the Pokemon loop and missed getting some event pokemon, specifically Diancie. I want to transfer some of my event Pokemon from my Heart Gold into the new generation, but it's not very easy to do...

ohmygosh mew was actually one of the ones we got, it was too cute to pass up

this was our haul from when we went in 2012

69289_3217281079604_609857496_n.jpg

318270_3221840193579_1980343076_n.jpg

I got Alpha Sapphire, and I've been taking it much more slowly than I usually take Pokemon games. My average is like 2-3 days before I've stomped the Elite Four, but I got it on release and still haven't beat it. I think I feel less pressured to because it's a remake. Don't get me wrong, I love it! I've been waiting for this game since they did Heart Gold/Soul Silver, but it's nice to just take it easy on this one. I probably only play a few hours every now and then. 

Latest posts

Back