felicia1995

Allure Sample Society December 2014 Spoilers and Discussion

I just saw the first spoiler for the December box in an Allure e-mail:

And we can reveal one product for the next box now: Burberry Fresh Luminous Fluid Base. Subscribe now and you'll receive it plus four other holiday favorites.

It sounds like it's some sort of brightening/highlighter/primer?

Burberry Fresh Glow is a lightweight, luminous fluid base that gives the skin a gentle fresh shimmer and sheer dewy finish. The unique pink color complements all skin tones and enhances the complexion for an effortlessly radiant, healthy look. The beautifying formula contains wild rose extract, which provides moisturizing benefits and regenerating properties. The skin is hydrated, protected and has a natural healthy glow.

How to use: Apply Fresh Glow all over clean face for immediate, natural radiance. To perfect your complexion and give skin an added glow, mix Fresh Glow with your shade of Burberry Sheer Fluid Foundation. To highlight and sculpt the face, apply Fresh Glow over your makeup to cheekbones, bridge of nose and chin.

• Like 1

Everything Burberry I've seen is lovely and very high quality.  Now, if it's a large enough sample to really be of any use, it's a great item.

Everything Burberry I've seen is lovely and very high quality.  Now, if it's a large enough sample to really be of any use, it's a great item.

Yeah, I'm a bit nervous about that. I love Burberry cosmetics. I'm guesing we will receive 4 foils like these:

892.jpg?w=225&h=300

(from not-my-blog http://sharonsree.wordpress.com/2013/03/04/locked-on-lilac-the-lilac-box-debut/)

With the exception of mini lipsticks, I haven't seen Burberry sample many of their products in deluxe (resealable) sizes. I think foils or 4 plastic bubbles on a card with concealer or lipstick is all I can recall.

I will be so glad when the shine,glow, shimmer, glitter, trend ends. I feel starved for matte products.

100% agree with you. I'm especially annoyed with the trend of it being in tinted moisturizers and foundations. I don't want to look like a shiny happy person when I do my makeup.

• Like 3

I agree, it's probably going to be foil packets which is disappointing. I'm over BB Creams and tinted moisturizers big time. I want matte products too.

I don't hate foils if I get a few of them. I think the samples stay better longer in a foil and I can always defoil into a jar if I want.

*also on team matte!

Edited by sarap
  • Like 1

I save the little glass eye creme sample jars (usually hold .17-.25 oz.) wash them and use them to put contents of foil packets into.  I find you can actually get multiple uses out of the packets--they often hold more than you think.

• Like 2

I save the little glass eye creme sample jars (usually hold .17-.25 oz.) wash them and use them to put contents of foil packets into.  I find you can actually get multiple uses out of the packets--they often hold more than you think.

This is a great idea! My issue with them is I open them, use some, leave the foil pack on my counter, which gets funky. So I'm going to do this instead!

The whole box has been revealed! It looks quite tempting. 

•  Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Gel

• Crabtree & Evelyn Ultra-Moisturizing Hand Therapy

• RGB nail polish in Oxblood (full size)

• Butter London Lippy Tinted Lip Balm (full size)

• Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base in Nude Radiance

post-115482-0-17799200-1416861041.jpg

• Like 5

Wow thanks!

• Like 1

That's a really nice box - everything is a great size! I still think I'm going to sit this one out. I must be on sample overload, lol. If the nail polish were a different color, I would probably consider purchasing. I have several dupes of that color now.

Eekk now this is a spoiler I can get excited about. Looks like I'll be subbing for the Burberry and Estée Lauder :)

I signed up.  I have been real curious about the Burberry.  This is why I love a good box!  I love trying new things.  A few new things here for me. 

Oohh, going to have to sub for December! The Crabtree & Evelyn, Butter London, and Burberry are all products I will use! :o

Well, my cancelled subscription lasted long. I resubbed for the eye gel and the lip balm. I'm in need of a decent balm, I can't find one that works for me.

I have a few oxblood color nail polishes, but I need some little gifts for Christmas and the RGB will fit the bill.

• Like 1