Birchbox January 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL I really want that sweatshirt, but I'm not sure if I want to pay that much just to have a laugh about it with myself.  I also really like the grippy socks.  I think I'm liking the theme and hoping that we get the first spoiler video sometime today.

I reserved the socks and sweatshirt. Time to treat myself! I figure I'd rather buy those items then have multiple Birchbox accounts. Excited for the spoiler video and sample choice!

I totally ordered the thermal tumbler to transport coffee to work. I've been meaning to get one b/c the coffee at the office is groooss. Thanks for helping me spend my money, Birchbox. :rolleyes:

So, I'm not really intersted in any of the PYS enough to bother with that.  However, I do kind of like the looks of the Tone it Up box.  

Here's what's in the Tone it Up box:
Coastal Scents Eyeshadow Palette - Latte
Aqua Reveal Satin Bright Soft Water Peel
Klorane Dry Shampoo
Whish Body Butter - Lavender
Coola ER Plus Radical Recovery

I would actually use everything in this box, so I'm seriously considering this one....

PYS on December 22nd for Aces & referrals, December 23rd for everyone else. 

Naobay Body Radiance Lotion

Tocca Crema de Mano in Cleopatra

Essential Elements Body Lotion in Wake Up Rosemary

TWO Curated Boxes this month!

Here's what's in the Relax & Recharge box:
Manna Kadar Lip Locked - All of Me
Perlier Body Butter - Lavender
Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream
When Travelmate Sheetmask
Briogio Don't Despair, Repair! 
Teapigs Tea Bags (Licorice & Peppermint, Chamomile Flowers)

Here's what's in the Tone it Up box:
Coastal Scents Eyeshadow Palette - Latte
Aqua Reveal Satin Bright Soft Water Peel
Klorane Dry Shampoo
Whish Body Butter - Lavender
Coola ER Plus Radical Recovery

Ok, I ordered a sweatshirt because I had to. Hoping the sizes are normal. 

But I don't think I'm going to pick anything for samples/boxes this month! I have almost all of those things already. Will leave it up to the Birchbox Gods. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

PYS:

• Naobay — Tried it!  It’s nice, but I don’t love it enough to want more.
  • Tocca — I love hand cream, but I’m not a fan of cucumber.
  • Essential Elements — I received the shower gel in this scent, and it’s nice, but like the Naobay, I don’t love it enough to pick it.
Birchbox plus:

• Sweatshirt — Not my sort of thing.
  • Socks — I’m actually really tempted by these.  Love grippy-bottom socks!  I’m just not sure I’m willing to spend the money on them right now.  (Also, I just noticed that the Large only goes up to a size 10.  While my feet are 10s, I find that socks sized like this tend to be a teensy bit on the short side for me, so maybe it's a good thing I'm just meh on them!)
  • Travel mug — I wanted it until I saw the part where it’s hand wash only.  Uh, no dishwasher = no thanks.  I have one I love already that is handwash only, and I rarely use it because I don't like handwashing.  And it's one of my favorite mugs!
Guest Editor boxes — I’m actually seriously tempted by both of them!  I think it’s the Lip Locked in R&R and the eyeshadow in Tone It Up that are drawing me in, though, so I’ll pass on both.  I have well over a dozen new eyeshadows this month alone that I haven't even swatched yet between Secret Santa and my indie subs, and I don't use pressed shadows anymore anyway.  And while I do want that Lip Locked, I don't want it badly enough to pick this box for it.  I would definitely pick it if it was up for PYS, but on a guest editor box?  I'll spin the wheel and see what Birchbox sends me.

Huh.  I was thinking I wanted to hurry up and reactivate my second sub *now* to get in on the PYS window, but now that I’ve picked through the options, nah.  I can wait for a code.  I can also pass completely if there’s no code. 

So excited about the choices this month! I'm going to choose the R&R box because I really liked the Manna Kadar sample last month and would love to try it in more colors. While Perlier isn't my favorite brand, lavender is one of my favorite fragrances, so I'm interested to see if they do it justice. I've sampled a few Balance Me products in the past that I liked, and need a hydrating eye cream, so bring it on! While you're at it, send me all the sheet masks! The Teapigs are adorable and tasty. The only meh is the Briogio, which I received from Ipsy a while ago. It seemed like a pretty standard conditioning hair mask, but it did get the job done, so I'm sure it will get used.

Latest posts

Back