jesemiaud

Birchbox January 2015 (Spoilers)

My box is finally showing on my "leave it up to chance" account. I'm not thrilled, but I plan on cancelling this account after I get my box and spend my points, anyway.

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2015-01-04 at 9.14.22 PM.png

Dr. Jart Premium BB - I've tried this and it's okay...a little too dark for me. The Waterfuse is my favorite Dr Jart bb. Not excited about this, but I will use it.

Vasanti Brighten Up - I've also tried this and I really liked it, and will use it.

Whish body butter - I do like trying body butters, so how happy I am with this depends on the scent I get.

Sumita brow pencil - I don't really ever use the brow pencils, gel, etc. I have. I don't do much with my brows and when I try to they just look strange and too bold for my face, or something, But if it's the lighter color, I'll try it. I do intend to try to have better brow game this year.

Harvey Prince Sincerely - I do like Harvey Prince, though I'm not sure how I feel about tuberose, the notes in general sound iffy for me. BUT I will always try.

So, not a box of junk, but nothing exciting in the bunch. Meh.

When I did the cheat last year the Sumita brow pencil changed to the Sumita eyeliner after the 10th or something like that so you may be getting an eyeliner instead.  I actually loved the dark green eyeliner that I got last month.

• Like 1

When I did the cheat last year the Sumita brow pencil changed to the Sumita eyeliner after the 10th or something like that so you may be getting an eyeliner instead.  I actually loved the dark green eyeliner that I got last month.

I got that same green eyeliner last month (which originally said the brow pencil) so I'm assuming it really will be the brow pencil this time. But, who knows with BB!

• Like 1

I would be happy with that green liner!  Olive liners are my absolute favorite!!!

• Like 1

Eh I won't be much happier if it changes to eyeliner because I prefer gel liner.... But I suppose I can deal.  I would prefer mine stay as brow liner (if it doesn't change to another product) because I do need to do some cleaning up with my brows.

i wanna be in on the surprise! lol im not picking curated boxes anymore unless they are amazing! 

I kinda liked the r&r box but I just really wanted to be surprised.

• Like 1

I would be happy with that green liner!  Olive liners are my absolute favorite!!!

same here, that would be awesome!

• Like 1

I wanted to love Naobay so badly! Sadly every time I gave it another chance it disappointed. I'd put it on and smell like lemongrass for 3 while minutes then.... Paper!

I didn't care for the Naobay scent and I think my subconscious decided to do something about it.  I had a sample from a previous month's box and I was trying to use it up, so I was sitting in the bathroom with a leg up on the side of the tub, getting ready to put the lotion on.  I was having a hard time getting it out of the tube so I bent the tube and squeezed it a bit and like 2 or 3 days' worth squirted out all over the towel I had wrapped around my hair and the toilet paper holder.  And that was the end of that!

• Like 5

Just jumping in on January's boxes.. Mine haven't updated on the apps, but as I'm seeing what people are getting, I'm kinda worried.. Soooo much is what I have received before. I feel like I will be getting the leftover items that I missed before.

Fingers crossed that I am wrong. Lol I would love Paulas choice anything and everything.

One of my boxes (non-PYS) is finally cheat-y, and what a load of meh. Coola, It's a 10, Perlier, Manna Kadar, and the When sheet mask. The lippie could be okay depending on color, but the rest will hit the trades. I'm hoping the speculation about boxes changing is correct, because blargh!

And still nothing but crickets in the Tocca PYS department. Come on and start loading! The good samples from the teaser video have to land SOMEWHERE, after all...

• Like 1

My box loaded on my bb app.

La fresh nail polish remover wipes

100 pure mascara

Ahmed tea. Yuck.

Camille Beckmann hand therapy

Serge normant dry conditioner.

Not my favorite box. Nothing totally excites me. I already have a stash of mascara that I'll use first. I'll use the wipes and lotion. The dry conditioner intrigues me.

I hate the Camille Beckmann, it smells GREAT like lemon-verbena for the first minute then turns to an old-lady scent, blech...  I feel like I was tricked, LOL.   Might be my hand chemistry?

Edited by FormosaHoney
  • Like 2

One of my boxes (non-PYS) is finally cheat-y, and what a load of meh. Coola, It's a 10, Perlier, Manna Kadar, and the When sheet mask. The lippie could be okay depending on color, but the rest will hit the trades. I'm hoping the speculation about boxes changing is correct, because blargh!

And still nothing but crickets in the Tocca PYS department. Come on and start loading! The good samples from the teaser video have to land SOMEWHERE, after all...

PYS twin - Tocca!!  

Edited by FormosaHoney
  • Like 1

i wanna be in on the surprise! lol im not picking curated boxes anymore unless they are amazing! 

I haven't picked a sample the past 2 months and don't intend to again unless something truly amazing pops up. When I was choosing a sample I found that I wasn't nearly as excited for my boxes to arrive.

Just jumping in on January's boxes.. Mine haven't updated on the apps, but as I'm seeing what people are getting, I'm kinda worried.. Soooo much is what I have received before. I feel like I will be getting the leftover items that I missed before.

Fingers crossed that I am wrong. Lol I would love Paulas choice anything and everything.

That is exacly how I feel seeing what everyone else is getting. There are very few things that I've seen so far that I haven't already received. I have to wonder if they're trying to unload a bunch of past samples that are clogging up their inventory.

I hate the Camille Beckmann, it smells GREAT like lemon-verbena for the first minute then turns to an old-lady scent, blech...  I feel like I was tricked, LOL.   Might be my hand chemistry?

I despise the scent of Camille Beckman products. From my experience, they ALL smell like an overly perfumed old lady.  :sick: 

• Like 1

I love the tuscan honey smell..... I've only smelled one of her other lotions and yes it smelled like old lady. But my mom liked it.... of course she's 70.

• Like 1

I love the tuscan honey smell..... I've only smelled one of her other lotions and yes it smelled like old lady. But my mom liked it.... of course she's 70.

The only one I've ever smelled (something Monarch I think) smelled like straight up old lady, I feel you. 

I used the Your Box > All Samples > December box + change url date trick to check out my box. I'm surprised all 5 were loaded. If this is indeed the box I get I'm pretty happy with it.

bbjan15_zpsb20ee891.jpg

Dr. Jart Premium Beauty Balm

Mirenesse Glossy Kiss

Essentiel Elements Wake Up Rosemary Body Lotion

Christian Siriano Silhouette Eau de Parfum

Key West Aloe Gentle Aloe Facial Cleanser

• Like 4

I used the Your Box > All Samples > December box + change url date trick to check out my box. I'm surprised all 5 were loaded. If this is indeed the box I get I'm pretty happy with it.

bbjan15_zpsb20ee891.jpg

Dr. Jart Premium Beauty Balm

Mirenesse Glossy Kiss

Essentiel Elements Wake Up Rosemary Body Lotion

Christian Siriano Silhouette Eau de Parfum

Key West Aloe Gentle Aloe Facial Cleanser

Love this box.

I think I need to tweak my profile.

• Like 1

I did Tocca for my PYS and I don't have anything on the cheat and I don't even have a non-clicky truck for January.  It still has my december shipping info. I'm hoping that now that the holidays are over for real that they'll be kicking it into high gear today.  I've seen so many repeat items that I have no idea what I could end up with.  The mirenesse glossy stick and the when sheet mask are two i've definitely never gotten but I really don't need another mid-range dusty pink/mauve/coral lip product. I'd love the sheet mask though.  I've been dying to try one of those.

Nothing for the Tocca box for me either, I'm assuming those of us who can't see it are getting the same variation?  Or all are the Tocca boxes not loading?  Either way I hope it means we can a get of new to BB samples since we're probably waiting for those to load.

• Like 1

The box that is showing on my account (via the cheat) has 2 repeat products in it. I'm assuming it will change before the 10th. 

So the same box is also showing via the app.  I'm debating if I should email them now, or wait until the 10th....

So the same box is also showing via the app.  I'm debating if I should email them now, or wait until the 10th....

I have the same situation. Two products I have previously gotten. Mine also does not show the PYS that I picked. I think mine has shipped so I may wait till either I get it or the 10th to contact them. This is the first time I have had a repeat sample or not gotten my PYS that I picked. If you talk to them let me know.

I have the same situation. Two products I have previously gotten. Mine also does not show the PYS that I picked. I think mine has shipped so I may wait till either I get it or the 10th to contact them. This is the first time I have had a repeat sample or not gotten my PYS that I picked. If you talk to them let me know.

I didn't pick a sample, so at least I have that going for me.  I don't have tracking yet, but I doubt they can change the box.  I'll give it another day and hope it changes :(

The biggest bummer is that I gave away the one repeat (Under Armor headband) because it was too small for my head.  And the other repeat (SMART Polisher) burned my skin when I tried it.  So it's not even products I want repeats of!

Edited by onelilspark

I'd wait until after the 10th so they won't be onto us knowing about "the cheat".

• Like 6